main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto When is the next movie night?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by PadmeSkywalker, Dec 2, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Tracy and I went to see Unbreakable this evening.

This was a damn good film.
    All of the ads and trailers from this film made me think it would be very 'blah'. But it was actually a really good film. I won't say a thing about it yet, because telling anything will only spoil it for you. If you have a chance - go see it. It's worth every penny.

2. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Tragic, I agree completely. Adam, Greg, and I saw it back on the 2nd of this month -- a very good film indeed.

3. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    >A HUGE, 30 foot Yoda. AMAZING detail, looks just like the little guy!

Sounds like a Roger Corman movie in the making.
    Attack of the 30 foot Yoda!!!
    Crush you, he will.

4. Subject Zero

Subject Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2000
    This is our mission if we choose to accept it...

Movie: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
    Date: Sunday December 17, 2000
    Place: Either the Paramount (AKA The tackiest place on Earth) or Hyland theater (Younge, North of St. Clair)
    Time: ....well, I'm good for anytime

:)

Just a suggestion with an actual plan built behind it

hehehehe!

SZ

5. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Sounds good SZ, but lets hold off on the showtime and place until we have hard info.

6. SandwichBoy

SandwichBoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
    I'd be far happier with a Friday night gathering as Sundays are one of our 2 D&D group nights. perhaps some of us could see it Friday and the rest on sunday?

7. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    Yes...it was that bad. It was very that bad....but since when am I the evil one? *looks puzzled and checks her character sheet* It says neutral good here. That means I'm still good...just when I feel like it...yes... ;)
    Friday would also be easier for me, as I'll need a few gaming sessions to wash the filthy, fetid reek of that movie out of my system...yes, Sandwich has managed to make a gamer geek out of me. May the Force help us all... :)

Cris~

8. Yale_Solo

Yale_Solo Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2000
    The time is good for me. The theatre is too! Just 2 problems. You guys probably don't want a 13 year old bug (^_^ I'm annoying, yes I am!)following you around and my mom. She sais she will drive me and everythin but when her mother instinks kicked in she asked who I was going with. Any bright ideaz on how to get out of this one? Does anyone care if I go?

-Yale
    Blah out.

9. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, I'll be in Guelph for Friday evening along with Adam and Greg so we can't come for that, but I'd be in for Sunday and I'd guess that they would be too?

If we did Sunday we'd probably go for an afternoon show rather than one of the standard evening variety so I would think you could still make it to the D&D game?

10. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, with cancelled exams comes rescheduled exams...which means, there is a chance I won't be home for a Sunday gathering.

However, if my exam is on say Tuesday, I might come home for the weekend, and just go back to write it.

details to follow...

so, who's going when?

11. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    My exam is rescheduled to Sunday at 9-11am. My mom will be picking me up around 11, so I should be able to make it back on time for an afternoon gathering.

To be safe, the earliest I could make it down to Y&E would be 3pm. To account for any delays in traffic and to unload my stuff from the van.

I'm there though...so, who else is going to be there on Sunday?

12. KingBob

KingBob Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2000
    I will be back for sunday, and I could certainly see a movie in my future, and in my past, and if I put the matrix on now, in my present, the cycle continues, just let me know what time we're seeing it, and please note that anything before 1 is a bad plan, as my sleeping habits have altered slightly this past week, and I don't usually wake up before 1, I also apparently use a lot of commas when typing, this could be due to lack of sleep, or possibly the fact that the comma looks funny, I don't know,

King Bob

13. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Yale-

You are more than welcome to join up with us to see the movie and - if she's willing to put up with our insane antics- so's your mom. Don't worry about it at all. Deb, one of the main organizers for the line up, had her parents lurking nearby on our first meeting - making sure that none of these 'internet people' were psychotic killers. As I recall, Deb's parents ended up spending more time in the line than a lot of other people. In short - the more the merrier, and age matters not. It's all about new friends and good times.

But this makes for a nice segue into a 'Tragic' warning. Though you think you "know" someone online, you're still strangers to one another. It's always a smart idea when meeting online folks in person for the first time to tell somebody where you're going, or better yet to bring a friend or two along with you. We do our best to make Toronto FanForce gatherings safe and fun - but use your head and don't do anything you feel uncomfortable with. Best to be safe than sorry.

14. Subject Zero

Subject Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2000
    Tragic? Were you that cartoon bunny from that short "Stay Alert/Stay Safe" commericial?

hehehehe!

I'll be there for either which day. Who want's me on which day?

>P

SZ

15. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Safety bunny?
    I don't know what you're talking about...

http://webhome.idirect.com/~robclark/nazenanitragic.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.