main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA When life gives you lemons

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by han-shot-first, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    I'm updating our Whining Worrying and Woes thread to the one above. I think that whining and worrying is a waste of emotion as is proven to be bad for your overall health in general. That said, if there's anything of major importantance going on in your life in a bad way and you want the group to know so we can give you words of encouragement or a group hug, then here's your place.

So with that said, I'll start off. You'll notice that our VP Doug hasn't been posting for a while. It's not because he's left the group, as he's looking forward to getting back into the swing of things and get our webcasts going!

He called me the other day and told me to post what's going on with him, as he's out his computer at the moment. I ofcourse told him no problem. So I'm to inform you that Doug and his wife are getting a divorce and that it's been taking time to deal with all that junk. He said to say that it'll be about another month before he's back online and with us all.

This is never fun to deal with in anyway. I guess from what he said that was good was the fact that everything was going smoothly and they're not being petty and fighting, as they're just not matched for each other.

If anyone wants his cell # to call him, PM me and I'll give it to you. Doug this [:D] is for you

2. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    Give Doug my best and hope to hear and see him soon..
    Well I would like to get something off my chest the economy hit the wife and I pretty hard and now I have to sell my guitars just to keep us afloat

And I feel it's my fault because I was stupid at 17 and years later catches up to me...
    Well one more year just one more year.

I feel a little better now

3. Wylding

Wylding Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 13, 2000
    I hope you don't have to sell your guitars...that's terrible. I'm praying you guys get a break...that we ALL get a break and the economy comes roaring back.

4. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
    Thank you for the kind words my wife told me she did not want me to sell my stuff as long as I do overtime at work we will be ok.

5. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Hang in there Jessie you'll make it! [:D]

6. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
    lol thank you mike I'm feeling the love... I feal the force is with me

7. Wylding

Wylding Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 13, 2000
    I'm feeling the crunch too. I think the whole IE is feeling it in addition to the nation. I read somewhere today that there was growth in the economy. I don't really think anyone is seeing it. I'm not at least.

8. hanchewie74

hanchewie74 Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2010
    Hi everyone, this is formerly HanChewie, but I had to register for a new user name since the old one would not let me get on even though I was using the right password, so I changed it to hanchewie74 instead, all lower case letters. Sorry I have been off for it seems to be such a long time. I am so sorry for the troubles that Doug and Jessie are having. This current economy really stinks. I understand about it all to much. Well, enough about me. Hope everyone else is doing much better. Prayers are with you all.

9. Darth_Al

Darth_Al Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2009
    I'd like to send out all my best to Doug and Jessie as well.

10. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Hope all is well with everyone.
    I'm praying that things turn around for everyone. :D

11. pilot_darklight

pilot_darklight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2006
    Ok so I guess a quick update is in order just to show I am still around these parts:

I have moved in with parents in Apple Valley and have just about gotten settled in. The divorce papers have all been signed and should be approved in 6 months. Ashley relocated to Alaska and seems to be doing ok. We are still in small communication. It is looking like I may have gotten a 2nd job for the time being so I will be able to start stashing some $$$ away. My intentions are to just have some fun and get my life back in order till the first of the year, then I am going to start looking into student loans and tour schools (mainly film schools) since relocating and other things will not be a problem anymore. I am going to be taking a class starting on the 14th of September in L.A. at the famous Hollywood Magic Castle. I will be learning how to start performing magic (a hobby and dream of mine since I was 6). I will hopefully be starting a blog for that. Well I guess thats it....oh wait one more thing. I have been promoted to head projectionist at my movie theatre so thats a plus too. I will be having a meeting with my GM next week on the status of the ESB screening (so fingers crossed). Thank you guys for your well wishes, and cannot wait for the next meeting. Talk to you all soon.

Doug

GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!!!!!!

12. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
    Thank you everyone for the warm wishes and I greatly appreciate them..
    And Doug keep your head up and you'll do fine "Remember when you become a famous film maker I like to play maybe a psycho,a zombie, a mad truck driver lol" just to name a few..

As for us we are doing OK I really don't talk about this but my daughter from a girlfriend started school a week ago she has been late she missed 3 days of school this week..

So the wife and I are just fed up with her and her antics... Now what i am about say might make someone angry or upset or even not like me but I have to get this off of my chest

When she was born her mother never called me to me know when she was born or when she returned home, we were together a few months broke up and she had her brothers tell me to never come again fearing they would hurt me... let's forward to 2005 I get child support papers ok fine I'll pay but I want to see my daughter..

we go into the whole process I spend 10 thousand dollars on a lawyer court fee's and therapy (this 10 thousand was for a new home and to start a family).

as the years go on things are OK some good some bad but in my daughters eyes we are just a weekend thing...

So i cannot wait for her to graduate so I can stop the child support payments and for her to go on with her own life and let me enjoy mine Devin and Natalie...

It just sucks that I spend all this money for what to be on the bottom of the barrel.. that's why I say we have one child and that's Mr. Devin he is my force he is my energy he is my power a pain in the rear but a awesome son a father can ask for...

aahh now that feels better..

13. pilot_darklight

Nov 14, 2006
    You may want to look into the court thing again. If your ex is not getting her to school on time and who knows what else, you maybe be able to get joint custody due to negligent parenting. Not wanting to start a parenting discussion or anything, but joint custody would allow you to see her more often,

14. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
    the wife and I thought about that a couple years ago and we decide not to pursue the reason being her mother will say anything to keep her and I mean anything..

Like I told my daughter in ten years when you look at your self in the mirror the only person you can blame is yourself and not me..

But its only one more year then things will be great... I will throw a party and everyone is invited lol

15. Darth_Al

Mar 21, 2009
    I just thought I'd bring a little lemonade over to the lemon stand and let everyone know that this morning I was selected as employee of the month for the entire city of Cucamonga. Feels good and something I know probably wouldnt have been possible without all the hard work of the IEFF making our Star Wars event what it is. It really was the one thing most associated with me this morning at the reception, so much first that it was first times they ever showed a powerpoint at an employee of the month reception (with most of the slides being from Star Wars day of course). So thanks to all of you. You're the best and this is just as much yours as it is mine!

16. hanchewie74

Aug 31, 2010
    From Bill and I a great big congratulations to you on the employee of the month. How wonderful is that. If it wasn't for you and the library, it gives us a great deal of thanks to you and all that help you at the library. It gives us great pleasure to be able to bring the
    Falcon to your events and love all the great reception it can bring to the library and the surrounding area. Plus, we get to play, a lot. Again, congratulations on your award. The IEFF ROCKS!

17. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
    Congrats Allen [face_dancing]

18. pilot_darklight

Nov 14, 2006
    First Class Allen, first class.

19. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    =D= Yay Allen! You are awesome!!!!! Congrats! Well deserved I say. :D

20. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    I met with Allen the other day when he told me about it. I so wanted to post it as I was so happy for him! Great Job Allen...you totally rock! Ofcourse you probably already know this![face_laugh]

I'm glad the city got to get a taste of what you do, especially with the Star Wars Days you put on. If anyone deserves this award, it's definitely you! Congrats!=D=

21. hanchewie74

Aug 31, 2010
    Sorry I have been off the boards lately, but just got out of the hospital today. Was in for almost a week. Had problems with heart failure again. But I am doing much better now. They also found out I have a hiatal hernia, oh joy. So glad to be home again. Talk again soon.

22. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    Oh my. I'm sorry to hear you were in the hospital. I hope you're better now. [:D]
    Take care of yourself. :D

Hey HanChewie clan, you need to take care of HC mama. :D

23. Darth_Al

Mar 21, 2009
    Glad you are out of the hospital and hope you have a hyperspace speedy recovery! Take care!

24. hanchewie74

Aug 31, 2010
    Thank you so much for the speedy recovery stuff. Yes I am getting better. The others in the HanChewie clan, need to help me get things done.
    Need to figure out our dues and stuff. I can't send a PM yet since I haven't posted enough on the boards with my new sign in. So kind of hard to post any PM's yet. I know it will happen sooner or later.

25. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Put your feet up and let the clan take care of you! Get well soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.