main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 'When Morning Comes' (J/TK - one-poster)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -Tenel-Ka-, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Here's this short, written-too-quick one-poster. This was actually a dream I had last night (me = nerd!) --- and I wanted to write it all out before I forgot it. I tweaked it a little and fixed some parts, but yeah. :)

And the title comes from a lyric from a Dishwalla song, called "When Morning Comes" --- it's a gorgeous song, and I was listening to it on repeat before I went to bed last night... so yeah. :D

And I don't really know how happy I am with it... there's something about it that doesn't sit right with me - and I want to fix it, but I'm not sure what it is yet. O_O So yeeeeeah. Hehe!

---

WHEN MORNING COMES

A charred landscape sprawled out across the horizon ahead of him, as he stood on the dry crest, his right hand shielding his eyes from the harsh light the sun seemed to spew. Without all of the lush vegetation and plantlife, Ithor's sun had seemed different. Maybe because he and his companions were the only living things it hit.

"Jacen," a voice called out from his right.

Moving his hand from his forehead, he turned, his brandy-brown eyes squinting a bit. It was Zekk. "Hey, Zekk."

"I take it you haven't found anything, Solo?"

"No, I... I havent." Jacen couldn't help it, but a thin trail of depression seeped into his voice, his sentiments for the planet echoing loudly through the Force.

Ithor truly was a beautiful place, before the war with the Yuuzhan Vong. They had come and stolen it, destroying all it's life and replacing it with the bio-technology they revolved their lives around. It had all died out by now, with no Yuuzhan Vong there to tend to it - and Ithor was left with a dead landscape. Empty plains, gnarled trees...

Jacen's heart felt as dead as the planet when he stared out to his surroundings.

Life is too short for things like this.

"Uh... looks like a storm is coming soon." Zekk was at a loss for words - he could see the sadness creasing Jacen's boyish features. He clapped Solo on the shoulder, before slowly backing away from him and turning to rejoin the group at the camp. "I'm sure we'll find something, Jace."

Nodding slowly, Jacen turned his head back towards the black soil, his watery eyes drifting over the empty patches of earth. He could see the storm clouds in the distance, the ones Zekk had mentioned. They were moving fast, but they wouldn't get there for awhile.

He and a few of his companions had been sent to Ithor to do a little investigative research. They were told to bring back any form living being that still had at least a little spark of energy left in it. Scientists from the Galactic Alliance were going to attempt to rebuild life from Ithor and revive the planet. It was a daunting task, but something they felt had to be done.

Jacen Solo was sent for his affinity with the living. The energy and vigor his aura carried seemed to calm the team and seemingly the whole planet around them also. He was excited about the mission, his only complaint being the slight pain and emptiness he would feel when he saw the destroyed and ravaged planetside.

Zekk and Lowbacca were along with the group as support, physically and mentally. If there were any Yuuzhan Vong resistance cells still on the planet, the two were ready to weed them out and take care of them. They were usually the ones to scout ahead when the group would pick up camp and move.

Traipsing back to the camp, Jacen sat himself on the ground near his pack of supplies, putting the large hood on his jumpsuit over his head, to shield himself from the harsh breeze that rolled over the hilly terrain. Eyes trailing up over the center of their encampment, they landed on a female, her copper hair pulled back into a loose piece of leather. Strands of it flew across her tan visage as she studied a datapad that sat perched on her knees.

The coarse dirt that was carried around by the breeze, and even the breeze itself didn't seem to bother this woman at all. She looked comfortable even, relaxed against a tall rock, clad in a worn outfit of lizard-hide armor. Jacen couldn't hel

2. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    NO WAY.

I don't even really have internet access here at home, and I still get first post. Gah, TK, you're gonna have to fight Arin_Atona for the Underappreciated Writer of the Year award. Or maybe I'll just give two out.

Anyways, as always, your stories are magnificent. This one is simpler than most, but that makes it very sweet and light, which is the point I think you were trying to make. Have a hug.

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Wonderful, liked what made her laugh. I came in here because I wrote a song called "When Morning Comes" back in 2001 and named one part of my first big trilogy after that song and was curious where the title came from.

4. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Not got time to give this the attention it deserves right now... [face_frustrated]

... but it looks great, as ever!! :D :D XP

- The Imperial Ewok

5. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
  6. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    A very lovely fic, Heather. You captured Jacen and Tenel Ka perfectly.

7. Sprikloas

Sprikloas Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    :D awesome. very heartfelt, and touching. *pats on back*

8. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    Jacen/nature, hehehe...

Yay, this is so cute! I really like it... I wish I got fic ideas in my dreams -- I just either get them late at night or first thing in the morning. o_O;

Ah, brilliant. ^_^

9. Flaming_Sword

Flaming_Sword Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    That was so awesome!! I loved it!! It so fit both of them in my opinion!
    *Flame*

10. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    AWWWWWWW.

That's so sweet.

11. C3P0_R2D2

C3P0_R2D2 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2005
    *gape*
    Okay, that rocks!
    When are you gonna finish UV anyway?
    Must finish reading it...

I must!!

12. Jedi_Alexis

Jedi_Alexis Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2004
    Awwwww! I really liked that. I absolutely adore J/TK and I think you wrote them perfectly. I especially loved the ending and Tenel Ka laughing.

13. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Very lovely. I'm a newer Jacen fan but you captured his affinity with nature perfectly. I must look up more of your work. :)

14. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    I loved this fic. It was great to see some fantastic characters get back to their roots. The theme of rebirth plays out so well, both in Ithor and the Jacen and Tenel Ka.
    I love it when fanfics have mythological themes. You did it very well.

15. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

~Rogue

16. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    TCR: Thank you so much~!! ^_^ Yeah, I was in a simple mood when I wrote this I guess -- it was actually going to be more simple than this... but there were a few things I just had to add. :D And thank you for the hug~ ^_^

DarthIshtar: Hey! Thank you very much for the comment! And yeah, for some reason the name of the song stuck out to me so I used it for the title --- it's a good song and it actually fits with the story. :D

Thrawn: Hahaha~ Thank you!!!!

Speldorion: Thank you very much! :D!

Striker: *hugs* Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm always afraid I'm going to screw up one of them somehow, but I'm never sure which one! O_O

Sprikloas: I'm glad it was touching and such - I'm always afraid that when I try to write something somewhat mushy it's just going to come off as cheesy. >_< So I never try - but I'm glad I took the chance this time!

WESSSSSSSSS: Hahaha, Jacen/nature = OTP!!! Thank you!! Yeah, I always get plot bunnies at really messed up times. o_O Like... while I'm getting gas and stuff. I'll be standing there by the car waiting and all the sudden "OMG I HAVE TO WRITE THAT DOWN!!" Muahahaha~

Flaming_Sword: Thank you very much~!!! I'm glad I got their characters down okay!!

Shidakis: Hahahahaha!! Thank ya~ (It's too sugary, isn't it? Muahahaha!)

C3P0_R2D2: LOL~ I'm glad you enjoyed it! And no worries!! UV is on the way, I promise! ^_^ Thank you for sticking by it~!! :D

Alexis: :)! Thank you soooo much! I'm really glad you enjoyed it --- I almost thought her laughing was too out of character at that point, but I'm glad it worked out!

obi_ew: Awwww! Thank you! New Jacen fans = awesome. The boy needs more love. ;) And I hope that if you do stumble across more of my work you enjoy those pieces as well~ *hugs*

Neo-Paladin: Yay! You saw the parallel between the rebirth of Ithor and J/TK. :) Thank you very very much!!! ^____^ I'm glad you liked it!

rogue: *huuuugs* Thank you!!

17. shahid_chestro

shahid_chestro Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    very good. plz write more JACEN/TK stories.

18. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    This is just wonderful. I hope the you can write more things like this. Seeing Jacen being his old self was turly amazing.

19. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Jacen/Nature = OTP!! XD

Awesome job, Heather! Your characterization was wonderful, as always, and the whole thing was really sweet! Beautiful descriptions in the forset. They contrasted so much with the first half of the fic, and fit the mood perfectly! Lovely! :)

20. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    *disolves into a puddle of mush* That was really sweet! [face_love] [face_love]

And for the first time in years, Jacen heard Tenel Ka laugh.
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] :D :D

That was SO sweet! I'm rambling! I loved it.

~Myra

21. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    shahid_chestro: Thank you! As for J/TK stories, I have a few out there -- but I'm always planning more. ;)

Genimay: For some reason I'm better at writing Jacen with a flare of his old self, so in all my J/TK stories he always seems to have it. ^_^ And thank you so much!

Luuuusaaa: Thank ya, darlin'! Yeah, that was one thing I didn't really mean to do -- with the contrast between the beginning and the end... but after I went back and proofread it before I posted it, I saw the whole contrast deal and added a few things to hopefully bring it out more. :D

Mirax_Corran: Rambling is fine! I alllllways ramble about everything. ;D And thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the story!

22. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    I wanna dream like you dream! Gah! That was awesome. I have an idea of what it is you might not like... if you would like to know my thoughts please feel free to PM me, K?

Zonoma

23. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    "We'll get everything back," he whispered.
    I have the feeling he meant much more than getting Ithor's forests back...;)

Jacen leaned in and kissed the tip of Tenel Ka's nose, before speaking, "We should get back to camp before it starts ra---"
    A drop of water hit his head... and seconds later it began pouring rain.
    He scowled at his bad timing.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

And for the first time in years, Jacen heard Tenel Ka laugh.
    [face_dancing] [face_love]

Great fic! It's certainly a splendid piece of J/TK, I loved it!!! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.