main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When My World Crumbles (JA fanfic, sequel to SOTF and NMW)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by The Jedi Princess, Oct 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jedi Princess

The Jedi Princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 1999
    It was the dead of night when Anika snuck out of her lab. She needed to make contact with Obi-Wan, as risky as it was. General Raff's plans had shaken her up considerably. She only hoped that Obi-Wan had gotten the disk to the Jedi.

Obi-Wan was waiting in the spot where Anika had saved Obi-Wan from getting caught. Obi-Wan was already there, blending in with the shadows. The scientist almost jumped when he made his presence known. Anika took his hand and they went into the hidden alcove.

In a hushed voice, Anika went into her findings without preamble, "General Raff is planning an invasion on Vrelin."

Vrelin was a small, but peaceful world. It had a successful and fair government. They had a decent defense, but it would be no match for General Raff's army of terror.

Obi-Wan was thoughtful for a moment, he knew time was of the essence, "When?"

"In three days. He has the lab running day and night producing the chemical. Obi-Wan, you are that planet's only hope, you need to tell your fellow Jedi. They have to stop this."

Obi-Wan agreed, "I will make contact immediatly. Don't worry Anika, it will be alright, I promise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The council all listened to Obi-Wan's report with growing interest. They would go to the Senate immediatly with this information and hopefully they would be able to warn the Vrelians.

Yoda spoke to Obi-Wan, "Done well you have, Apprentice. Be careful you will."

"Yes, Master Yoda. I will be careful." Obi-Wan answered, he then asked, "Have you spoken with my Master?"

Mace was the one to give the response, "I have, Young One. He is very concerned about you. Be careful."

"I will my Masters, May the force be with you."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Qui-Gon, you and Darick have to make haste to Vrelin. If they have the antitoxin, they will be prepared to fight." Mace implored, "It will take 12 hours to get there, they are expecting you. They have their top scientists working on the antitoxin now."

Qui-Gon breathed deeply, it would be hard to leave his apprentice, but he was not doing any good here, "Of course, Mace. We will set course immediatly," Then he asked, "But, please, tell me how Obi-Wan is?"

There was no mistaking the worry in his friend's eyes and for a brief moment, Mace was almost sorry he told Obi-Wan to stay, "He is fine, Qui-Gon. But we need to move, General Raff will be furious when he finds out he was double crossed, we will have to figure out a way to get Obi-Wan off that planet."

2. HannahBates

HannahBates Jedi Grand Master star 1

Feb 20, 2001
    I just found this story and I'm really enjoying it. You do a wonderful job with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's relationship; I especially like the way Obi-Wan tries to keep his master from worrying too much about him. It's a creative and meaningful way of showing how much Obi cares for Qui, even though they disagree from time to time.

I also loved Survival of the Fittest, but I don't know what NMW is. Could someone tell me where I could find it?

Hannah

3. Arctic_Wolf

Arctic_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2000
    NMW stands for No Matter What.
    JP I hope you don't keep us waiting long for the next part
    [face_devil]

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ah, so Qui-Gon and Darrick will eventually meet up with Obi-Wan.

I hope they'll be able to get Anika off planet as well as Obi-Wan!

Great post JP! :cool:

5. HannahBates

HannahBates Jedi Grand Master star 1

Feb 20, 2001
    Up...

I found the first three parts of NMW, but I can't find a completed version. Any advice?

And can we have some more story? Pretty please?

Hannah

6. The Jedi Princess

Oct 30, 1999
    Hi everyone, I am so sorry for the long delay in posts. I will try not to do that again. But my job has been killing me. :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The republic shuttle landed and Qui-Gon bounded off the transport and was greeted by the Prime Minister who was surrounded by an honor guard.

The prime minister stepped forward, "Master Jinn, Master Kint. We welcome you to Vrelin. I am Prime Minister Ducla."

Qui-Gon and Darick bowed to the Prime Minister and Qui-Gon spoke, "Thank you Mr. Prime Minister. We are honored that we can assist you during this hard time."

The three men began to walk to a building and the prime minister responded, "It is us who are honored Master Jedi. I know how hard it was for you to leave Thanills. But you will be pleased to know that my scientists have reproduced the antitoxin."

In moments the men were in a lab and a young scientist came over to the Jedi and in a polite voice asked the Jedi to roll their sleeves up. The masters complied and the woman gave each of the men the shot.

"Thank you, Layna." The prime minister said to the girl. She bowed and went back to her work station. The man then turned to his companions and stated, "Now we are ready to fight. When the Thanillians attack, we will be ready."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obi-Wan was thoughtful as he listened to the mini holo of Master Windu before him. "Padawan, you will make yourself scarce. General Raff will want revenge when he knows that you were able to warn us and prepare Vrelin."

Obi-Wan nodded, "I understand Master Windu. But you have to understand that I have a friend in there. She is alone and General Raff will surely kill her and her brother. I can not allow that to happen. I WILL not allow that to happen."

Mace sighed, he knew the inner struggle the young man was going through, "I will not order you to hide Young Padawan. But I do implore you to be mindful. You are not a child anymore. May the force be with you."

Obi-Wan was relieved and said, "Thank you, Master Windu I will heed your warnings. May the force be with you."

7. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Soooo good to see you post again!! Sorry the job is giving you troubles, hope that is a thing of the past and you can devote more time to writing and keeping for faithfull fans happy :D [face_love]

8. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    It's great to see you back JP!! :)

I'm so glad Mace idn't Obi to hide and at least one person then knows where Obi takes off to.

More soon???

9. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    She's baaaaack!!!

I need mooooore!!!

:D :D :D :D

10. The Jedi Princess

Oct 30, 1999
    The ensign reporting to General Raff was very nervous, "Sir, the Vrelins are fighting back."

Even through the holo, the young man could see the General turning red, "What do you mean, 'fighting back'? That does not make any sense! Are you using the chemical? Half of the population should be dead by now, the other half begging for mercy!"

Gulping, the messenger replied, "They seem to have an anti toxin. It is not having any affect on them. The battle is going on day two. We have sustained heavy losses. They...they were ready for us."

It did not make sense to General Raff. How could they have been ready for them? Who could have warned them? General Raff had a feeling that his answers laid in the lab with the young scientist. He barked his orders, "Retreat! Return to Thanills at once!"

"Yes, Sir." With one last salute, the holo ended.

~~~~~~~
    The two Jedi Masters kept watch over the battle. The Vrelins were fighting a good battle and the army from Thanills was retreating. Qui-Gon's comlink went off, "Jinn, here."

Qui-Gon reconized the voice of Mace Windu on the other end, "Qui-Gon, the senate has just voted to go after General Raff and his army. They are sending republic fighters to join you."

"Darick and I will return to Thanills at once, tell Obi-Wan he is to hide until I get there."

Silence on the other end promted Qui-Gon to say, "Mace, Mace, are you there?"

"I'm here Qui, but I can't order Obi-Wan to hide and go against what the force is telling him."

Qui-Gon was not sure he heard right, "What are you saying? Are you saying that you agree with this vendetta that Obi-Wan has gone on?"

"It's not a vendetta Qui, it's a boy becoming a man. Windu out."

Qui-Gon started pacing back and forth, Darick watched for a bit and quietly said, "Mace is right, you know."

That stopped Qui-Gon in his tracks, "Right? How can you say that? You know what he is up against. You lost your own padawan this way. How can you agree with Mace."

Rubbing the bridge of his nose, Darick carefully considered his words before responding, "Look, Qui, when we first came after Obi-Wan, I thought, here is a teenager taking on the galaxy himself to avenge the death of his best friend. But I don't think that anymore."

Qui-Gon looked at his friend, "You don't?"

"No, I don't. Oh, he is still doing this for Bruck, but it's not just for Bruck, or for Klea or even Cerasi. It is for the principle in which they died." Darick allowed his friend to absorb the words before continueing, "It is his trial. A trial I will never get to see Bruck make."

With that, Darick walked out of the room. Thinking about all the things he would never see Bruck do still hurt the man deeply, he needed to be alone now and mediate.

11. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Great post JP!!!!!

12. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I almost missed this one JP!

Fabulous post. I loved the way Mace explained Obi-Wan's actions and felt so bad at Master Darick's thoughts of never being able to see his padawan's trials>

13. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    MORE! love JP's work!

Kim B :)

14. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    Hi! I'm so glad to see that you started posting again and with such great posts!

I love the last lines or so about everything being a trial for Obi-Wan and, in a way, that's so true. Even though the poor boy goes wthrough so much it does get him ready for the lonely life ahead of him.

I hope you post more soon.

15. The Jedi Princess

Oct 30, 1999
    The fortress on Thanills was in chaos, with what was left of the army regrouping. It was somewhat easy for Obi-Wan to make his way back to the lab. Anika was waiting for him, "Ok, Obi, I have your shot of the antitoxin right here. We have no time to lose."

Anika prepared to give Obi-Wan his innoculation, but the sound of footsteps coming down the hall caused Anika to put the needle in her pocket, pushing Obi-Wan towards a supply closet, she whispered, "Hide."

Anika jumped up when the door to her lab was kicked open. She stood with her back straight. She would not back down to the man who had caused so much death, pain, and destruction. The man who destroyed her family. But nevertheless, she was still frightened.

General Raff slowly made his way over to the young scientist. The click of his boot heels echoing in the silence of the lab. He looked over her with intent. Anika felt herself start to waver under the scrutiny.

Finally, the general spoke, "Well, Anika. I seem to have a problem. My wonderful plan to attack Vrelin somehow has failed." The man stopped speaking for a moment, he then edged himself up to Anika, and all but screamed in her face, "And you know why, don't you? DON'T YOU!?"

From his hiding spot, Obi-Wan could not let his friend take the brunt of the assault. He stepped out, and said in a sure voice, "Leave her out of this."

Swinging around, General Raff took in the sight of the person before him. Not a teenager, but not quite a man. He noticed the short hair cut and the long braid along with the beige clothing and the silver cylinder hanging on his belt. For some reason the sight caused him to smile, "What have we got here? A little Jedi to make all the evil go away?"

Obi-Wan swallowed his anger, the man who was responsible for Bruck's death was before him. But Obi-Wan had come to far for anger to destroy is concentration, His hand went to his saber and he ignighted it, "I place you under arrest in the name of the Republic."

This caused General Raff to laugh, "The Republic? The Republic does not exist here. You have no legal right to arrest me."

"Oh but I do. When you kill a Jedi, you automatically fall under the Law of the Order."

General Raff looked amused, "And when you tresspass on Thannillian soil, you fall under our laws." At that point over a dozen armed soldiers came barging in. Obi-Wan considered his options. Then General Raff said, "Go ahead, Kid. Take them out with your mystical laser weapon. And maybe a stray bolt won't hit your friend here."

Obi-Wan took a deep breath, he knew there was no way he could defend himself AND Anika at the same time. He lowered his weapon and turned to General Raff, "If anything happens to her, you had better hope I am dead. Because if I'm not, you will pay."

"I'm sure, young Jedi. I'm sure."

~~~~~~
    It was hours later when the Republic cruiser carrying Qui-Gon and Darick entered the Thanillian atmospere. Through the viewport, the Jedi saw several squadrons of fighters. Upon arrival of the cruiser one made contact, "This is Nova One, Welcome Jedi Masters. Get ready for the party. It's going to be a doozy. The fighters will flank you and see that you land safely. The ground troops are ready for when we land."

Darick answered, "Very good, Nova One. Master Jinn and I will be ready as well."

Qui-Gon was able to feel his student's force essence, but the master also knew his padawan was in trouble. Closing his eyes and willing the serenity of the force to take over, Qui-Gon sent a message.

//Hang on Son, I'm coming.//

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obi-Wan was sitting cross legged in a cell meditating. He opened his eyes and stood as General Raff came in.

"Well, I finally have a name to put to you. Obi-Wan Kenobi."

Obi-Wan did not know how to answer the man, so he remained silent. So General Raff continued his monologue. "I have gathered such interesting information on you. You have lost so many friends. Its no wonder you have come to try and bring down my dictatorship when I kill

16. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    Ooooohhh. Evil, totally evil! (General Raff, that is; not you for the lovely cliffhanger! Really!)

;)

17. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Oh man I almost missed the post before last, sure glad I didn't. Both posts are....WOW!!!!

I do believe I like how our young Obi is turning out. I even like Mace in this story. He is so often times portrayed as such a cold hearted jerk, you have him as much more human.

I hope this means that you will be posting more often!!!

18. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
  19. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh no!!! Now Obi's captured...and without the inoculation at that!

Come on Qui, gotta get to Obi!!!!

Great post JP!! :)

20. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    This is good... I mean it's bad for Obi but the story is really good(evil grin). Obi torture coming yay. :p

Kim B :)

21. The Jedi Princess

Oct 30, 1999
    Obi-Wan was not about to back down, "You know, it really does not matter anymore."

General Raff turned to him, "Really, and why not?"

The young Jedi had a hard time surpressing a smile, "Well, now the antitoxin is in the hands of the Jedi and the Republic. Every world will be immunized. Your reign as ruler was built on sand, General. Sinking sand."

The general took in the words and then angrily backhanded Obi-Wan across the face. The teen tasted blood and saw stars as he went flying to the floor. Raff grabbed the young man by his tunic, pulled him up, and slammed him against the wall, "You are going to suffer more then your loser friend did!" Promised the man through clenched teeth.

Using the force, the padawan pushed General Raff off of him, "I don't think so, General Raff. You have failed. Even if I die, millions will live."

Singleing for his guards, Raff replied, "But it is not only you who will suffer, Young One. Anika and her brother will not survive either."

Obi-Wan lunged for Raff, but several huge guards blocked him. Over his shoulder the general ordered, "Work him over good. Make him suffer, but do not kill him. I have other plans for him."

22. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Here you go again Obi!! I am glad he finds peace with the fact that he may pay the price, but he has succeeded in getting the antitoxin to the Jedi and the multitude will survive. I only hope his friends have better luck when it come to torture them Obi-Wan.

Great post JP, hope you have more soon!!!!

23. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    What a terrible situtation Obi seems to have gotten himself into...of course could we expect anything less?

Here's hoping Qui runs like a bat out of heck to his Padawan.

24. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    AAAGGGRRHHHH!!!

Work him over good?!?! Yes, Raff is going to take out his failed plann on poor Obi, Anika and her brother.

I hope Qui-Gon and Darick get to them in time!! Exzcellent post JP!! :)

25. The Jedi Princess

Oct 30, 1999
    With dismay, Qui-Gon realized that his apprentice was in pain. Turning to Darik, the master exclaimed, "We have to hurry. Obi-Wan is in trouble." Inside he was furious that he was unable to help his padawan. Furious that this young man would risk his life on this vendetta. But something told Qui-Gon that he would have done the same thing at Obi-Wan's age. But that did not make it any easier.

~~~~
    Anika was thrown into a small room. Inside was a battered form, immediatly she reconized it as her brother. Rushing to the man's side, she cradeled his head in her lap, "Marcus! Marcus, can you hear me?"

Marcus began to move and slowly opened his eyes, "Anika?" It was easy to see that he did not trust his senses.

Tears flowed freely from her eyes, "Yes, it's me. How do you feel?"

Grimacing as he sat up, he answered, "I will be all right." Then clutching his sister's hand, Marcus blurted, "But General Raff is going to kill us, he is going to use the chemical!"

Anika shook her head, "No, I made an anti-toxin. The Republic has it. So do the Jedi."

It took Marcus a few minutes to come to grips with what his sister was saying, "Then that means...that means."

"That means that General Raff is on his way down."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.