main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends When on Zirba, Do as the Zirbans Do - Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, humor, vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: When on Zirba, Do as the Zirbans Do
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon
    Summary: Donning the native costume proves to be a bit embarrassing for the boys
    Notes: Written for the "Dress Obi" Challenge :p

When on Zirba, Do as the Zirbans Do

Obi-Wan plucked at a stray thread nervously. ?Are you sure this is what the natives wear?? he asked in an anxious voice. ?Maybe they?re playing a joke on us.?

They were on the planet Zirba and scheduled to take part in an important ceremony crowning a new King and welcoming the little planet to the Republic. The soon-to-be crowned King, however, had insisted that the Jedi don the native costume of the Zirbans, and so now, they were trying to decide if maintaining peace in this bit of the galaxy was worth the embarrassment of doing so. It was not a cut and dried issue, especially now that they could see them on.

Qui-Gon, who was having difficulties of his own, frowned at his reflection in the mirror. ?So they tell me,? he answered, though his tone made it clear that he, too, had his doubts. He turned around slowly for Obi-Wan?s inspection. ?How does it look??

Studying his Master carefully, Obi-Wan finally murmured, ?Odd, very, very odd.?

Giving a grunt that was a mixture of amusement and derision, Qui-Gon quirked one dark brow. ?And I suppose you think that you look any better?? He crossed his arms over his broad chest and spread his legs slightly, appearing ready to do battle.

Obi-Wan also gave an experimental twirl, watching his reflection in the mirror. He gave his Master a bemused grin and shrugged. ?Well, I think I?ve got better legs than you anyway.?

?You wish, young one,? Qui-Gon smirked as he placed his hand on his own powerful thigh. ?This is a tree trunk, I tell you, a tree trunk!? Then he gave a humph of satisfaction at having put his Padawan in his place and gave him a look that dared the younger man to challenge his assertion.

The Padawan gave his Master an infuriating smile. ?If you want to think so, Master.?

?I know so!? Qui-Gon frowned as Obi-Wan turned back to the mirror.

?I suppose it isn?t all that bad,? Obi-Wan murmured thoughtfully. ?I mean, it isn?t completely dreadful.? Then he glanced at his Master. ?Well, not on some of us anyway.?

?Careful, my boy,? Qui-Gon warned. ?I could tell them that you want to see something in pink.?

?Pink wouldn?t go with my hair,? Obi-Wan answered with a twinkle in his eyes. ?You, however, could carry it off just fine.? He reached out and rubbed his fingers over a lock of Qui-Gon?s dark hair. ?With this hair? Yes, pink would definitely be your color.?

?Insolent cub,? Qui-Gon growled as he yanked his hair free of Obi-Wan?s grasp. ?I?ll get you back for that one day, just see if I don?t.?

?You?ll have to catch me first,? Obi-Wan reminded him with an impudent smile. ?And let?s face it, I?m faster than you.? He looked his Master up and down, stopping at his Master?s feet in the traditional Zirban sandle ? not that it had been easy to find a pair in his size. ?Much faster, those big feet alone will slow you down.?

?Ah well, let?s not forget the weight of that ego you?re carrying, my young Padawan,? Qui-Gon remarked as he tugged sharply on Obi-Wan?s braid. ?Such a big ego for one so young and lacking in experience ? so conceited.? He shook his head sadly. ?It boggles the mind, it really does, but I suppose the foolishness of youth must be excused even if it cannot be understood.?

?Not conceit, Master,? Obi-Wan corrected, ?confidence in my natural abilities. That?s all.?

?Conceit,? Qui-Gon answered implacably, crossing his arms and looking down his nose at his argumentative young Padawan. ?Plain and simple.?

For a moment, the younger man studied the Master, laughter still twinkling in his eyes. Then he crossed his arms as well, mirroring his Master?s posture as he so often did though he was rarely aware of doing so. ?Ah, I see what we have here,? Obi-Wan mused.

?And what is that?? Qui-Go

2. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Well, given what Ewan looks like in his national costume, I'm sure nobody objects to the sight of Obi-Wan in a kilt . . . :p

Nice, inconsequential silly stuff, but you had the relationship between Master and Padawan absolutely down to a T. Bravo :D

3. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Oooh I hope someone was there to get a holo!! [face_love] =D=

Well done, MamaVader! Another superb vignette! I really really enjoyed all the banter you had here :) Excellent job!

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I loved the friendly banter!

?You?ll have to catch me first,? Obi-Wan reminded him with an impudent smile. ?And let?s face it, I?m faster than you.? He looked his Master up and down, stopping at his Master?s feet in the traditional Zirban sandle ? not that it had been easy to find a pair in his size. ?Much faster, those big feet alone will slow you down.?

?Ah well, let?s not forget the weight of that ego you?re carrying, my young Padawan,? Qui-Gon remarked as he tugged sharply on Obi-Wan?s braid. ?Such a big ego for one so young and lacking in experience ? so conceited.? He shook his head sadly. ?It boggles the mind, it really does, but I suppose the foolishness of youth must be excused even if it cannot be understood.?

?Not conceit, Master,? Obi-Wan corrected, ?confidence in my natural abilities. That?s all.?

?Conceit,? Qui-Gon answered implacably, crossing his arms and looking down his nose at his argumentative young Padawan. ?Plain and simple.?

Love it!

5. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Nice banter.

Great story.

And I've seen pics of both of them in kilts, so it's not that bad a mental image.

I was afraid (or looking forward...) to them being in loin cloths or something like that....;)

=D=

6. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    :D :D

[drool] Ummm kilts [/drool]

7. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    <snicker> <snort> LOL ooooh hehehehe, That's great. The banter is them on the money.

8. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    JediNemesis He certainly fills out a kilt! :p

Layren See, you have a clean mind. I was praying for a windy day. [face_mischief]

Valairy_Scot The boys are fun to write! :D

hyperspace_police I'm a sucker for a man in a kilt, so.... =P~

jodiwent Here here! [face_batting]

Jauhzmynn Thank you! :D

9. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    *idiot grin*

Yep, great banter, and great mental picture...=P~

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    It was adorable. Their cute banter back and forth - the silver-haired one and the impudent young. Priceless.

I enjoy both of them in kilts![face_love]

11. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    [face_laugh] Oh, that just made my morning! Well done! =D= Their banter was precious. [face_love]

12. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    [face_laugh] Kilts!

I love a hot man in a kilt and I do say I must agree with young Obi-Wan....he definitely makes a kilt look better than Qui-Gon IMO. =P~

[face_laugh] at their banter. I much enjoyed it.

13. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    I'm with the others. The banter was pitch perfect, truly delightful.

Kilts? [face_laugh] That's great. Nice image, too.

14. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    ___Sithspawn___ I got distracted while writing it. [face_blush]

dianethx Kilts... [face_love] =P~

tangled_sphere Thank you! [:D]

JediKnight-Obi-Wan I'll take either of them in a kilt. Or better yet...BOTH! :D

Ara-gon Thank you! [face_batting]

15. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan in kilts not thats an image to ponder over.[face_batting]

I love their banter they sound like they practice it often.

Good work
    =D==D==D==D==D=

16. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    [face_laugh] Hehe, love the image of the two of them in kilts. :D Love their banter too.

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Wow, hadn't found this till now. [face_blush]

Love the verbal sparring between the two, though you know I have to side with the Master. :p

Bravo!! =D=

18. Master_Tigris_Leigh

Master_Tigris_Leigh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    Excellent story. =D= I have to agree with the others, the banter was spot on. [face_laugh] I especially like the part when they were arguing over who had better legs. ;)

19. General_Kenobi_66

General_Kenobi_66 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2006
    Oh man, this was great[face_laugh] =D=

The banter was perectly written-very in character, and very funny[face_laugh]=D=

And a kilt! ROTFL![face_laugh]

Another home run (not that I was expecting any less when I clicked this link!:D)=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.