main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation When production starts...Spoiled Rotten or Spoiler Free

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Saurion-Fett, Nov 18, 2012.

?

Spoiled Rotten or Spoiler Free

1. Spoiled Rotten ( The Dark Side )

68 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Spoiler Free ( Goody Good Light Side )

39 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    No worries, I hear what you are saying. I just adhere to a no spoilers policy on everything. I try not to watch movie trailers, stay away from the back covers of books, and never EVER watch "next week on..." at the end of shows. I like to be surprised.

2. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    A very wise policy, doubt I'll be able to follow it myself for ep 7 though... the whole Disney angle just has my head spinning far too fast for me to put down this little mystery (well at least till the first true trailer since once that comes out I should be able to piece together quite a bit). I was like this for ep 1 too but for 2 & 3 I had way more control over rash impulses like peaking at spoilers, suspect the same pattern will emerge again with me this time.

3. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    They did. The only one I ever read before the movie was TPM. But my dad made me wait two weeks to see it so the crowds could die down. He was retired military and he is not very fond of large crowds. So we compromised, he bought me the book so I could at least know what everyone was talking about and we would wait to see the movie together.

4. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Spoillllleeeeersssss

5. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    2003-2005 in the 3SA were some of the most fun and exciting years i've spent on the internet, from darth friday reports to the webcam thread to the back in black video to the teaser trailer release. there's no way i'm missing the ride again.

6. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Rotten, it makes the wait a little more bearable.

7. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I want to add a clarification. Spoiled Rotten but only by reputable or official sources. No WAGs or anything related to "Super" "Shadow" or "Supershadow"

eDisc and vypernight like this.
  8. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Definitely

9. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I was spoiled rotten with E3, I even read the Stover book the day it was released, and the 'back in black' video was EPIC - loved every little tidbit and still squealed like a fan girl on opening night.

I remember the creepiest, most spoilerific moment of the 3SA era....

[​IMG]

10. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    I think we've got 25 liars. Surely the fact that we are all registered to a forum devoted to chewing the Star Wars fat means it's almost a given that we will all watch the spoilers on loop.

11. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    I will be so torn. On one hand I will want to see any set picture leaks or hear the story line. But I know the movie woul be so much better if I stay away from spoilers...ughhh such a hard decision it is

12. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    I'll be all over the spoilers like mynocks on a honey-coated Millennium Falcon!

DarthBreezy likes this.
  13. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Spoiler free, I'll probably leave sites like this one.

14. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    I was totally spoiler free for TPM (made myself so) and was blown away.
    Totally spoiled for AOTC and ROTS and it did diminish the experience a little bit.

But...learning all the stuff beforehand is all part of SW experience too! That's one of the privileges of loving SW.

15. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Actually once the spoiler free forum is available it is pretty easy to stay clean. The 3NSA was a good group that provided space for discussion without being spoiled. I think I peeked into 3SA once or twice only.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  16. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Spoiled rotten for me.

17. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    Spoiler free, to a certain extent. I wouldn't consider discovering a characters name as a spoiler, nor what their role in the story is and what kind of character they are. I'll watch the trailers and behind the scenes stuff a billion times.

But as for what actually 'happens' in it (i.e. they go to Korriban)? Nah, I'm going to stay as far away from things like that as I can.

18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    What happens to the EU, who plays who, Big 3 return?, Basic plot, etc. Yes. Must know!

19. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Spoiled Rotten. Knowing what happens beforehand won't stop a movie from being good or bad.

20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe find out the tone of the movie. Not TPM light but ANH like tone. Hopefully not ESB or ROTS dark or darker. I want the dark moments to have impact but balanced out by lighthearted moments

21. A'den Skirata

A'den Skirata Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    Spoiler Free, I'am going dark once production starts.

22. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I want to watch the film spoiler free...

but what I want and what I get are two different things [face_devil]

DarthBreezy likes this.
  23. Darth Gumby

Darth Gumby Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2013
    I'm one of those idiots that reads the last page of the book first or immediately used cheat codes in the game, cuz I'm not very good at it

So yeah, spoiled rotten.

24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I spoiled them all! And not just the noobs, but the oldbies and midbies too!

25. Iefan

Iefan Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 31, 2013
    I will probably read a basic plot outline and keep up with the cast and such, other than that I plan to go in fairly blind.

The Bops likes this.