Speculation When production starts...Spoiled Rotten or Spoiler Free

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Saurion-Fett, Nov 18, 2012.

?

Spoiled Rotten or Spoiler Free

Spoiled Rotten ( The Dark Side ) 68 vote(s) 63.6%
Spoiler Free ( Goody Good Light Side ) 39 vote(s) 36.4%
  1. Orochi Oni Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'd love to be able to go spoiler-free, but I'll never be able to. I'll be all over the spoilers when they come, then I'll be sad that I was spoiled when I watch the film, just like with Episodes II and III (I didn't have the internet before Episode I).

To be honest, I think knowing everything about those films before watching them is one of the reasons I dislike them. There were no surprises for me.
  2. The Bops Jedi Master

star 1
    That is an excellent point. I was spoiled for TPM but still loved it. I was spoiled for AOTC and was relatively disappointed in the action scenes. I expected much more.

I saw ROTS blind and that was the best experience of the three.
    Orochi Oni likes this.
  3. markdeez33 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I'm too interested NOT to check out the spoilers. It's Star Wars. I knew the plots for the prequels and was still amazed, and I think I will be this time around as well.
  4. JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I'm going to try my best at staying spoiler free. I did it with Episodes I and II, and it was genuinely exciting not knowing what was going to happen (I didn't even know Yoda was going to be CGI!). With Episode III I indulged a bit with the set photos, the concept drawings, and even read the novelization before I saw the film. I still had a hell of a time with III, but I knew almost every plot point on opening night.
    Last edited by JoshieHewls, May 21, 2013
  5. Jedi General Gelderd Force Ghost

star 5
    I want to say Spoiler Free, as I proved to myself how much I enjoy big cinematic films without knowing anything, mostly 'Star Trek Into Darkness', and the films I ruined for myself that I wanted to forget I had spoiled, but knew I knew what was coming, like 'The Dark Knight Rises' and 'Revenge Of The Sith'.

I'm going to try my practice again for June 14ths 'Man Of Steel' and see how that pans out. Spoilers offer so much debate and satisfation, but I feel not as much as seeing or hearing it unwravel as the film director wanted it to on the big screen!
  6. Jae-Dec Jedi Master

star 2
    The Official trailers are as close as I am going to get to spoilers.
  7. Sistros Force Ghost

star 6
    didn't know anything about AOTC: loved it

knew the entire script before seeing ROTS (it was in the back of the book of the ART of ROTS) and I knew the spoilers from posting in 3SA every day: Hated ROTS,

so, I'll probably go spoiled again, but probably not as much as before,

i've this weird and morbid thought of dying before I get to see movies I enjoy or want to see, so when I die at least i could say "well at least i know what it was about"

:p
    Last edited by Sistros, May 21, 2013
  8. The Hellhammer 7SA Forum Interrogator

Game Host
    star 5
    I remember actually reading that leaked PDF of the comic book adaptation of ROTS before seeing the movie.
    Didn't bother me in the slightest, to tell you the truth, still my favorite movie of PT.
  9. Lee_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Spoiler free for sure. Basically all there is left that I need to know about Episode 7 is the cast, then I go into exile until after I have seen the movie.

Avoiding magazines, websites and such will be easy for me. The challenge will be the trailers, which can give a lot away (e.g. whether Leia has become a Jedi and such). It will have to really be strong to hide my eyes from them.
  10. Episode Swag Jedi Master

star 1
    Depends on how often I check this site for info. I'm thinking that when the trailers start coming out next year I'm gonna be all over the spoilers. But as of right now I'm just casually gonna wait patiently for more news.
  11. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    I'm usually into Spoiler Free, because it ruins the overall experience of a first viewing for me when I know things are going to happen.
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. leiamoody Force Ghost

star 4
    Spoilers don't bother me. That way I can decide if I want to go to the theatre or wait until I can watch it at home.
  13. themetresgained Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I don't think I resolved either way last time. I probably won't be spoiler-mad, though.
  14. Kev Snowmane Jedi Master

star 2
    WIth JJ Abrams at the helm, spoilers are something you won't have to worry too much about.

JJ makes the CIA look "loose lipped" when it comes to secrecy...
  15. -Jedi Joe- Jedi Master

star 1
    I'll probably read the book before the film is released like I did with RotS. Then I'll spoil it to everyone waiting in line for the midnight showing... (Just kidding :p)
  16. Carbon1985 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Spoiler-Free, except Trailers and Promotional Material.
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    My wife is baking. I can see the majority of the ingredients that she is using from here in my studio space. The Boston Cream Pie is no longer worth eating, now. :(
    themetresgained likes this.
  18. Dr. Chaos Jedi Master

star 1
    I will devour anything related to casting, settings, costumes, toys, pretty much anything that isn't an actual or deep/major plot spoiler.

Not totally going dark side but I fully expect to be on the verge of getting yellow eyes before I'm done following the film.
    Last edited by Dr. Chaos, May 23, 2013
    themetresgained likes this.