when r the NR's heavy wepons comming out????

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Peacekeeper, Oct 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peacekeeper Jedi Knight

star 3
    I was just wondering...where r the NR's HEAVY ships & weapons(e.g SSDs,star defenders etc..)we havent seen them at all in NJO except star defenders being mentioned in VP & JE...
    I think that the NR's heavy ships will appear in SBS or dark journy in some large battle & the NR will probably lose with most of it's Larger ships destroyed(like the star defenders)& the senate will lose hope..
  2. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    NR doesn't have any SSDs. They scrapped them all. And they did downgrade thier military power after HoT.
  3. AdmiralZaarin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    As SEA said, some jerk like Mon Mothma said that SSDs were too powerful and not in the spirit of the NR. They wished their sorry carcasses still had them during the Black Fleet Crisis, when a race of aliens who were hellbent on eradicating everyone who wasn't Yevethan got hold of an entire fleet of SDs, including an SSD.
    But then after Nil Spaar, the Yevethan viceroy, sent them a lovely holovid of Nil beating the hell out of Han, the NR went and kicked Yevetha into the stone age.
    But the Yevthans were almost hopeless without their captured Black Sword Fleet. The YV have who knows what back home.
    And the YV themselves are lethal. The Yevethans weren't.
  4. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Considering that Yssane Isard is locked away within the SSD Lusankya prison, from what we know in the novel Isard's revenge. I'm sure NRI, has the ship hidden somewhere and told mon mothma they scrapped it.
  5. Mateo Jedi Master

star 4
    Mon Mothma has no power anymore so who cares what she wants? why not build a Galaxy Gun and destroy every Yuuzhan Vong ship with it?
  6. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    They better have not scapped Lusankya! They blew it up, and rebuilt it! Why blow it up again? That was...is...my favorite ship...
  7. KansasNavy Force Ghost

star 4
    They should come out in SbS. Most of them are protecting the shipyard planets and Core worlds.
  8. wesgirl Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ysanne Isard was killed by Iella. I don't know where the H*ll LUSANKYA is:)

Maybe Kyp will resurrect the Star Buster ship. Someone should kick Qwi Xux. Get over it already...You aren't the only idiot the Emperor fooled.

Leia should be groveling at the feet of The Chiss(my kind of peeps) :)
  9. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    "Ysanne Isard was killed by Iella. I don't know where the H*ll LUSANKYA is:)"

You would be wrong, MAS left it quite open. Iella tells ysanne she will lock her away in the the lusankya in a place only droids can get to her to keep her alive(This my friend is called foreshadowing).

We never actually see ysanne die, just her thoughts that she is dieing. But never once do we her Iella say she died.

Then sague,to the second to last chapter. Iella is talking to corron, about how there is a place in the lusankya only served by droids, and holds life, if anyone tries to breach the contaiment cells it would eject that section into space. She was basically quoting her speech from many chapters back. Foreshadowing coming to fruition.

MAS intended for ysanne to live. Ysanne sometime between those two chapters was repaired in bacta and locked away.

"Maybe Kyp will resurrect the Star Buster ship."

Sun Crusher, is completly destroyed in a black hole. Nothing in existence could escape the crushing might of the densist matter around. Anything that gets sucked into it would be compressed and become part of the black hole.

10. wesgirl Jedi Knight

star 1
    "We never actually see ysanne die, just her thoughts that she is dieing. But never once do we her Iella say she died."

Somehow smoking hole in the gut implies death to me

That said Iella also says "I have no doubt that part of her will always be with the Lusankya" maybe she entombed her in that containment facility or as you said stuck her in bacta so she would suffer a fate worse than death
  11. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Yeppers, that's what was foreshadowed. A fate worse than death, to be imprisoned alone until she dies of old age, and with no way to commit suicide.

Also remember, that in the same book I think it was hobbie or someone else says that if there is any smidgeon of life left bacta will fix you right up.
  12. MysteryWhiteBoy8 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Where does it say all the SSD's were scrapped? wasn't there also the "gaurdian?" from the essential chrono ?

and is mon mothma even still alive?
  13. Legolas42 Jedi Knight

star 1
    If I remember correctly, in CiT, the NRI said the BSY and the MC built too many FBS and since the NRF was RFB, they stopped building the FBS. GTP?
  14. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    The exact quote is from Corran.

"True, if there's a spark of life, bacta will keep you going."

And Isard's shot in the stomach...

Val's right Isard's alive...

(Actually, I once thought she was dead, too, but that very same Val - who always makes precisions ;) - proved me wrong...)
  15. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    And what about the FTR who did two TZR but with only one WF fully operational and FZH IUO TEZ RE SGFD KKCO OSOA ???

Hum... Sorry... Now I'll try to understand your post, Legolas, and try to remember my abbreviations...

EDIT : Nope, I can't remember them...
  16. stevo Jedi Master

star 4
    I never knew they scrapped the Lusankya! NOOOOO, also where is the Viscount?
  17. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Oh, they probably didn't scrap the lusanky considering it was used as a prison by NRI.
  18. stevo Jedi Master

star 4
    But also the Lusankya was a medical facility or something right?
  19. Matthew Trias Force Ghost

star 6
    The NR has two SSDs,according to the EC.

The Lusankya and the Guardian.

Mon Mothma had a third one scrapped.That was probaly the SSD Aggressor.
  20. stevo Jedi Master

star 4
    Remember the days when there were only like 5 SSD's in the EU? Now the NR has 3 WTF!

I knew about the Lusankya, but the Guardian and Agressor? Where did those come from? Oh, yeah, it probably wasn't called the Agressor.
  21. Matthew Trias Force Ghost

star 6
    The Aggressor is a known SSD who's final history has not been documented.I assume that it was the SSD captured by NR forces and scrapped.

The Lusankya was cptured by Rogue Squadron in the novel,The Bacta War.It was repaired and put into service.

The Guardian was captured for NR by ship thieves I believe.It was repaired and put into service immediately after the Black Fleet Crisis.It is currently apart of the Third Fleet.
  22. stevo Jedi Master

star 4
    Where are you getting this? I mean the Agressor and Guardian SSDs.
  23. Matthew Trias Force Ghost

star 6
    The Guardian and the Aggressor are from the Adventure Journals.

The Guardian's history is detailed further in the Eddential Chronology.
  24. bterrik Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually, I think Isard did die. I quote from Isard's Revenge.

page 327-328:

The blaster in Iella's right hand remained steady, however, and the shot from it caught Isard square in the stomach. She felt herself snapping forward, then flying back. Pian shot down her legs as she struck the wall, then stars exploded before her eyes as her head rebounded. She heard the distant clatter of her blaster on the floor as she slid down the wall...

...She looked up at Iella and opened her mouth to make yet one more taunt about Diric, but her lungs couldn't project as much as a squeak...

...Then, before she could any other way to try and hurt another human being, the world grew dark around her. In that last moment, in the sanctum the Emperor had given her, she realized she had failed him. With that realization held solidly in her mind, she admitted to herself that death would not be so bad after all.

page 336
    Wedge smiled as she slipped her hand on his arm and laid his left hand over her. "We both eliminated a Ysanne Isard from the galaxy and, after that, together, there's nothing that can beat us.

And the NR has been using some firepower. They lost an Imperial Star Destroyer Mark II at Helnska, one of the new Battle Cruisers (not Viscount class, Mediator class) at Ord Mantell, many new Ranger-class gunships. Lots of battle crusiers and Star Destroyers at Fondor. Kefrey's Ralroost has seen alot of action, with accomponing battle crusiers and Star Destoyers. But I agree that this is probably hardley even a tiny fraction of the firepower they could be using if some power hungry Bothan didn't tie up their forces.
  25. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    "page 336
    Wedge smiled as she slipped her hand on his arm and laid his left hand over her. "We both eliminated a Ysanne Isard from the galaxy and, after that, together, there's nothing that can beat us."

Note that locking someone away would be elliminating them from the galaxy's affairs.

Considering on that same page with qoute from isard, why would iella talk about locking her away. Then follow that up in the 2nd to last chapter nearly repeating the exact same quote to corran.

Also remember whenever corran horn has a death scene it is basically the same way. He feels everything blacking out, the world growing dark around, and he's ready to die. Yet ever time, MAS explaines he didn't die.

In real life all people who come out of coma's tend to talk about how life blacked out for them, and the last thing they remember was right before they lost conciousness.

MAS was following his style he did for corran horn, and other deaths. He's completly predictable. If isard was to have died, that scene with iella and corran talking about the secret biocontainment facility(which was almost word for word what iella told isard she would do to her), would serve no purpose, infact the chapter would be worthless, and should have been left ouf, if isard died. But since forshadowing was followed up, the conversation means something. But it was left ambigious enough that alot of people over look the foreshadowing completly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.