main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

when r the NR's heavy wepons comming out????

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Peacekeeper, Oct 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Pg 327, "I understand they're thinking of keeping you here on the lusankya. You'll be an anonymous prisoner, cared for by droids, forgotten, locked away in the heart of the very prison, you yourself created. For the rest of your natural life."
    That prospect stunned Isard and, in a moment introspection, was what undid her. The terror inspired by such a fate prompted her to shoot her left arm forward, letting the holdout blaster slide down to her left hand. It was a rash act, only possible when the horror of life entombed outweighed the horror of death.

pg 332, Corran nodded. "I gues a whole lotta of refitting went on. There's a whole forward area where living creatures aren't allowed to go. It's just serviced by droids."
    Iella coughed into her hand. "It's a bio-containment facility. It apparently struck some of designers in rebuilding the prow, they could put in scientific and medical suites that would allow the lusankya to be more than just a military ship. I think there sense of irony to put an area on board that, had it existed when the Krytos virus broke out, would have been useful in thwarting isard's plan. In the heart of area there is supposed to be a containment cell so secure that any breach in it will imediatly vent the whole area into space. Nothing No virus or germ, will be getting out there alive."

pg 327You'll be an anonymous prisoner, cared for by droids, forgotten, locked away in the heart of the very prison, you yourself created.

pg 332There's a whole forward area where living creatures aren't allowed to go.It's just serviced by droids.

pg 332 "In the heart of area there is supposed to be a containment cell so secure that any breach in it will immeidiatly vent the whole area into space".

2. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    its a bit like

REBIRTH SPOILERS

How Kyp said about becoming Jaina's master. If it isnt going to happen, why mention it? Hardly added to the story, just that two/three paragraphs

SPOILERS END

3. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Yet, there is more to MAS style than what you mentioned in rebirth. His forshadowing in chapter before was followed up in the chapter after.

But your right, forshadowing that's made and not followed up is just wastefull filler material.

4. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Its Stackers big skill that, tying things together

5. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    I don't know if the Essential Chronology is considered "canon" but it says Isard was killed by Wessiri aboard the Lusankya.

DarthParth

6. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    It's also written by Inuniverse historians(see the postscript) as an inuniverse document. They as civillians wouldn't have the clearance to mention that isard is still alive, or even know about it for that matter.

Considering the NRI wants to keep it quiet and top secret, so it's not something they'd allow in public documents. So as far as civillians know, she is dead. NRI are not bound to let the cat out of the bag. Much like NRI is behind keeping DS3 ordeal top secret as well.

7. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    There's some source extrinsic to the XW books that states she is in fact alive. I can't remember what that was. Either way, I think Valiento's pretty pretty post puts it quite clearly.

Mateo:"why not build a Galaxy Gun and destroy every Yuuzhan Vong ship with it?"

Oh great, the wonder of superweapons- start or solve the most monumentous of problems with a single weapon/ship. I have grown to hate the concept of superweapons. THey are such a crock of a plot device. Don't you think?

8. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Well the obvious answer.

In order to wipe out the Yzzumng Vong you'd need a galaxy gun built...

A:) that would take months

B:) Fire it on moving targets (ships)

C:) Fire it at stationary targets and kill billions

D:) Find appropriate geniuses like Umak Leth etc to build them.

They are impratical in warfare, why don't people realize this?

They already TRIED a superweapon that was cheap and available.

As for Isard on the Lusunkya...I hate it.

It's cruel, disgusting, and unusual punishment.

9. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    And yet we've seen Corran at least once with injuries that he should not have survived that he made it through. Plus Illea (spelling please) wanted revenge in her way, not the way Isard would want her to take it. The very thought of being a prisoner was too frightening to Isard. In her state of mind when she was shot, that being to frightened to think straightly as she normaly would, she could see a wound intended to ellimanate a threat without killing it as being terminal. As has been said, we never truely see here die. And we are told once that she will be put in a part of the ship where no living being will be allowed, only droids allowed. Then we actually find Lusankya to have just such a section.

Despite being a SSD, Lusankya was also a science ship. It makes even less sense to scrap her because of that use.

10. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    Charles: "As for Isard on the Lusunkya...I hate it.

It's cruel, disgusting, and unusual punishment."

Oh, and she doesn't deserve that. Its not like she masterminded a virus that would intentionally and horrifically kill millions of beings, or blasted her way out of a planet doing the same to perhaps even more.

Sorry, very sarcastic and cynical today. I believe its cruel and disgusting, but I believe its just.

11. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2001
    how abt CE 1?if i remember there was an SSD that appeared there

12. skull6

skull6 Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2001
    Wasn?t the NR building a new ship in VP I remember a passing reference to it?

13. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    It's the Lusankya in CEI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.