main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends When Shadows Remain -(Kotor - Revan one shot)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WyoJedi, Dec 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    Title: When Shadows Remain
    Author: WyoJedi
    Timeframe: Kotor 1
    Characters: Revan
    Genre: AU, some mush
    Summary: Loosely based on Shakespeare's Richard III... Revan telling his story.
    Disclaimer: Thanks to George Lucas for creating a world I can lose myself in.

Just a little something I whipped up. I just took the basic premise from the Richard III line below and ran with it. I think it came out pretty well. Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
    Wyo

And thus I clothe my naked villany
    With old odd ends, stol?n forth of holy writ;
    And seem a saint, when most I play the devil

Richard III, Act 1, Scene 3

I knew all along.

From the moment I woke on the Endar Spire I knew. Ah yes, the Endar Spire? wretched Republic ship. And that impudent Trask Ulgo? ?I?ve seen your service record?? Blah blah blah blah blah. I couldn?t help but smirk when he ran off to get his tail handed to him by that dark Jedi.

Ah, the Jedi. Their arrogance is without end. First, to think they could send a pitiful little band, led by a padawan no less, to defeat me? ME! Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith, Hero of the Mandalorian War.

Even that action I could forgive. After all, I was the enemy. But to think they could simply wipe my memory clean, alter who I was, my core being. Why, the thought is laughable. I was the most powerful man in the galaxy. How could they think to make me forget that, or what got me there? What fools those Jedi were.

But I played along. The hardest part was letting them believe I had become this ?Brogan Tarr?, loyal soldier to the Republic, to not let Revan shine through in all his glory. Oh, I made the customary obeisance, talked of the light side of the Force, the wisdom of the Council. I played the part of the saint, all the while being the very devil in their midst.

I?m sure they thought that Bastila would be a good influence on me, that she would help keep me from the temptations of the dark side. Little did they know? I was the very embodiment of the temptations of the dark side, and I gloried in that knowledge. Even then I could feel her power, right there on the edge of light and dark.

Bastila really had no chance against me. She was beautiful, and wily in her own right, but I could feel the darkness within her just below the surface, the passion that flowed through her almost unchecked. Tapping into her dark desires was only a matter of time.

I let her see my powers a little at a time, just enough to tease that want in her. She wanted that same power, I could feel it even in the relative security on Dantooine. But even more than power, her greatest weakness was her need for love. I had no problem in that department. In fact, that was my greatest weakness as well.

It seemed like we were constantly building up the pressure between us. The bickering and stubbornness was only a precursor. Looking back, our flirtatious ways were as obvious as your hand in front of your face. It was inevitable when the passion finally erupted.

It was a moment I had been waiting for ever since I saw her Taris. Of course then she had barely kept any modicum of decency fighting underworld gangs in her skivvies. Her body, pardon the pun, flashing about with lethal beauty. I was hooked, and I think she even realized it at the time.

But that first actual moment of unbridled emotion was galactically explosive. Her lips were so soft and delicate, yet there was a hunger there that was? insatiable, contagious, intoxicating. I wanted that one instant to remain frozen in time, to never end. I knew that we were becoming inseparable, although I was unsure what that meant. For the first time in my life I was unsure of myself.

There were times where I actually started to want to do the right things, be the good little Jedi puppet, anything to be with her. She was so devoted, even in her weakest moments, to the Order. I even admired her for that. For a time, I felt like I might have to actually change who I w

2. SabyneAmberle

SabyneAmberle Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    Interesting take on Revan throughout KotOR. I rather liked how you used his POV to describe his surroundings and crewmates.

3. Azrekal

Azrekal Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2005
    Good fic. I like the way you did it first person and we could see what Revan thought during the story if he went to the dark side. I liked it.

4. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    Nice, nice. A real gem, different from all the Bastila Revan love stories.

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Very nicely done! =D= I've become a bit addicted to Revan stories. :p And this one was superb!

6. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    SabyneAmberle: Thanks for the kudos. I rather enjoyed writing it this way. It kind of made it more personal to me. Thanks again.

Azrekal: Thanks. It was a really different writing style for me, but I think it turned out pretty good. I was amazed hoe easily it was to write from his POV. Maybe I have a little of revan in me :)

DarthQuellonis: I liked being able to delve into the emotions Revan has for Bastila more. It was fun to magine and write it.

VaderLVR64: I too have become addicted to Revan stories. Revan is quite a strong and diverse character. I enjoy writing him and Bastila.

Thanks for all your comments. Always welcome.

Cheers,
    Wyo

7. Obi-gone

Obi-gone Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2005
    Very cool look at Revan from the first person perspective and awesome idea for him to have faked the whole thing. Great job.

8. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    Obi-gone: Thanks for your comments. I can't take all the credit for Revan faking it all along... part of that belongs to Shakespeare. I just took the next logical step and put his work into a Star Wars format :D
    Thanks again!

Cheers,
    Wyo

9. Obi-gone

Obi-gone Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2005
    Yeah, I saw that at the top. It was cool how you linked Shakespeare with Star Wars. That line from Richard III at the top fits perfectly with what you're doing here. I liked the link between them. Again, cool job.

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That really was very intriguing and thorooughly well written.

11. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    Obi-gone: Glad you agree (always welcome):)
    I am really amazed at how well Shakespeare fits with Star Wars. Thanks again!

Healer_Leona: Intriguing... well written...
    **Bows respectfully** Thank you for your warm praise. I am glad that this was received so well. I had some concerns when I wrote it, but I see they were unfounded.
    Thank you so much.

Cheers,
    Wyo

12. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    There was likely to be trouble and I needed the two best fighters? Oh, who am I kidding. We were going to kill some Rakatans and I knew Carth would balk at that, the little whiner.
    i really liked that! there was a dark humor to a lot of that, that you wrote very well! fantastic job of telling things through revan's perspective!
    =D=

13. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    obi_webb: Thanks. I tried to inject some dark humor into this story, I'm glad it came through. Glad you enjoyed it.

Cheers,
    Wyo

14. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    I loved how you had Revan only pretending to not remember, rather than actually not remembering. Great story!

15. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    princess_of_naboo: Thanks for the comments. I never could understand in the game how his memory could just be wiped clean. This idea makes more sense to me. Glad you liked it.

Cheers,
    Wyo

16. Xeks321

Xeks321 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2005
    Nice journal entry on Revan. I thought you caught Revan's Dark Side very well. The side comments and his own personal view on things was perfect. Excellent Job.

Xeks

17. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    Xeks321: Thanks Xeks. I thought it would be an interesting take on the story to just write the first-person version. I'm glad you liked it. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.