main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When should destiny be completed

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Akisa, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akisa

Akisa Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2008
    I noticed most campaigns seem to have destinies completed towards the very end of a campaign. I think it's kind of waste to have destiny that could only be completed at the end of a Campaign. In the movies the Characters complete more then one destiny. Luke completes Destruction destiny in end of the first movie and then completes redemption at the end of RotJ (Which would mean the bonus would've been a waste). I believe Destiny should be a chance of completion at end of each Story Arc. How about you?

2. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    It would depend on the story.

To be honest, I haven't used destiny yet as we're all still learning to play.

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It'd depend on the Destiny, and on what your player wants to accomplish. Generally, IMO, Destinies work best when the entire campaign has a unified story that the GM has planned out to a reasonable degree, so Destinies can be accounted for. In that case, the Destinies should be fulfilled as it serves the unified vision of the character held between the player and the GM (This is why player/GM coordination can be so important, actually, but I digress...)

On a related note, I would hesitate to use them in campaigns of indefinite length or adventure of the week formats.

4. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    In short: YES! A destiny is a. character´s death or b. end of an arc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.