So CO When should we have the November meeting?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Knight_Birr, Oct 29, 2004.

?

When should we have the November meeting?

Poll closed Nov 8, 2004.
Saturday the 6th 0 vote(s) 0.0%
sunday 7th 0 vote(s) 0.0%
saturday 13th 0 vote(s) 0.0%
sat urday 20th 0 vote(s) 0.0%
sunday 21st 0 vote(s) 0.0%
saturday the 27th 1 vote(s) 20.0%
sunday the 28th 4 vote(s) 80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Cyra_Secura Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 18, 2004
    star 1
    Yeah, I guess the library sounds ok. Never had their coffee. :)
  2. Imperial_Birrer Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jan 10, 2003
    star 4
    its not too bad. Its a small place ,but good.
  3. RavLoc_Vos Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    May 13, 2004
    star 3
    Hey All

    So we are looking at Sunday the 28th @ the Library. What time is good for everyone?? Let me know. Later days...
  4. Imperial_Birrer Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jan 10, 2003
    star 4
  5. RavLoc_Vos Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    May 13, 2004
    star 3
    Hey All

    I am leaning towards 1 I never get up that early on a sunday. Lets me know what you all think>
    Later days...
  6. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

    Member Since:
    Jun 27, 2002
    star 5
    1 it is. plus if we get some springs ppl down it gives them a bit more time.
  7. Gilbu_Cotac Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jun 24, 2002
    star 1
    I got church in the morning, so the closer 1 got to 2, the happier I'd be. I'm sure Keith would thank you for any extra sleep he could get as well.
  8. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Oct 28, 2002
    star 6
    The library? Heck, I can walk to this one. I have a party to go to around four...do you think we will be done by then?
  9. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jun 30, 2004
    star 6
    Still at the main library in P-town on the 28th?

    Any orders of business?

    -Come up with ideas for a new banner design? I might be able to bring a couple to the meeting.
    -Try to contact Void Dancer to get the "Welcome to the Colorado Springs Forum" wording removed from the sticky so nobody gets the wrong idea that this isn't Southern Colorado?
    -Look at the possibility of creating a PFF in person, with real people, and not socks that can give fake votes?
    -If not, ponder elections for next month and see who's interested in the positions?

    If after this meeting, a PFF isn't created, we may as well move forward and drag this poor board kicking and screaming back from the dead and make it cool.

    But...we'll see this weekend, I guess.


  10. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

    Member Since:
    Jun 27, 2002
    star 5
    void is mostly on the PhxFF boards. Sarah should be able to edit it.
  11. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jun 30, 2004
    star 6
    As our current CR, you should have had that changed back in June. [face_devil]
  12. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

    Member Since:
    Jun 27, 2002
    star 5
    i didnt even notice the title.
  13. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Oct 28, 2002
    star 6
    Guys, please lets not say anything here that we cant take back?


    If we're gonna duke it out and fight about it, can we do it at the meeting and not in front of everyone else?


    I'm at least as pissed as both of you, but I dont want everyone else to have a ringside seat to something that should have only been discussed by Pueblo in the first place.

    Please? They are watching
  14. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

    Member Since:
    Jun 27, 2002
    star 5
    im not gonna :D i really didnt notice the title. it was filed in my head as welcome thread for SCFF . easier to keep track of the millions of threads i read. its easily fixed.
  15. RavLoc_Vos Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    May 13, 2004
    star 3
    Hey All

    For Everyone from Springs to New Mexico. It has become Very clear to me that if you have any opinion on recent Events you will want to be at this meeting. It is going to be at the PUEBLO LIBRARY on ABRIENDO AVE. in Pueblo. We will meet there at 1:00PM not 1:30 or 2. This is Looking to be an Official meeting so if you need a ride feel free to let me know, and me or one of mine will try and find a way to get you here. Til Then.................Later Days...
  16. DarthJurist Admin Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Dec 10, 2000
    star 5
    They are watching


    We certainly are. [face_devil]

    Seriously, play nice everyone, and use the next few days to remember that this all for fun and that FF and Star Wars in general shouldn't be a source of stress. I'll confer with JCG and others, and we'll provide some 'official' input Friday or Saturday.

    Have a happy turkey day everyone. :D

    ~H~
  17. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Mar 25, 2002
    star 7
    I'm at least as pissed as both of you, but I dont want everyone else to have a ringside seat to something that should have only been discussed by Pueblo in the first place.

    Please? They are watching


    Dangit!!! I wanted to see the Jello & Lions :(

    So this Sunday, right by Jen-nay's house your having a meeting huh? Do you need a Ref? :D
  18. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Oct 28, 2002
    star 6
    Do you wanna come, Kitten? ;)

    All are welcome, and yes...if you are a current or prospective member of the SCFF, or you just like books...be at the meeting on Sunday. :D
  19. Zil-Qui-Jin Jedi Padawan

    Member Since:
    Nov 18, 2004
    mmmmmmmmm, cake!

    If you need a ride let me know, till then stay cool. And don't be so bitter, its going to be fine.
  20. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jun 30, 2004
    star 6
    We can still bring the Jell-O and lions. We don't need disagreements to have an excuse to beat each other up. LOL.
  21. DarthJurist Admin Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Dec 10, 2000
    star 5
    Hopefully I?m posting this in time for some of you to read it before the meeting on Sunday. Forgive the length, but I?ve got a lot to say on this issue.

    I?ve had a chance to review threads, PMs and consult with various people. However the fact that this has played out over Thanksgiving weekend has made communication difficult (including on my end), so forgive me if I get a few things mixed up.

    My observations:

    The Southern Colorado Fan Force is the official Fan Force Chapter for the southern Colorado area (surprise!). As such, I feel we are implicitly prohibited from giving similar status to another group in the same area. If the existing group agrees to some form of re-arrangement that?s fine, we?re happy to create more chapters. But where there is an objection, I feel we must carefully consider forcing any changes on an official chapter.

    To answer a related question raised elsewhere: Wyoming was given a new forum because there were three people that requested a forum where no other FF group was active or recognized. Yes, the SCJ have more than enough people, but the problem is that there is already a FF chapter in the area.

    JGC did create a thread in the RSA forum a week ago and frankly the general opinion was that we should NOT create a new forum unless the existing club agreed. Thus JGC opened the poll to better gauge the interest of those involved. The poll was not created to stall or create an excuse to block the new forum, she (and FF Admin Staff) are trying to consider everyone?s opinions.

    Things have been said by more than one person that has not helped this discussion, and has boarded on violating the TOS. Please remember that everyone is expected to respect everyone else?s opinion, and that it is sometimes difficult to gauge intent or tone via message boards.

    To that end, I agree that the best thing is for all interested parties (ie everyone living within the geographic boundaries of the SCFF) to get together and discuss the issue. I understand that there was a vote at the RMFF meeting, but I have no information as to who voted (RMFF members vs. SCFF members), what the vote was actually for, any agreements or understanding regarding the new forum, etc. However, given the recent discussion and the upcoming meeting, I don?t feel that the future of the SCFF should be bound by that vote.

    Several people have changed their opinions several times over the past few weeks. This happens, and is not necessarily the sign of malicious or deviant intent. Could it be territorialism, toes, ego, - sure. But in managing any group, I?m sure you?ll recognize that ideas that seem initially bad or good can turn out to be the reverse upon further reflection. Discussion is always a good thing.

    As I understand it, at the moment there is no longer a request for a separate Pueblo board. I repeat that this is my understanding, and things may have changed once again.

    Regardless, as the recent discussion has shown, this issue may need a bit more (perhaps a lot more) discussion before you guys come up with a workable plan for the future. If you come up with an agreed plan at the meeting, great! Let us know and we?ll be happy to help. :)

    If there is continued dissent, please do not try to force a vote at the meeting tomorrow. Voting is fine, but if there is significant disagreement, please put it off until the next meeting, or have the vote online so that all those interested can voice their opinion and vote (we can discuss how to run a vote to make it more secure). I am not saying you have to have an online vote here, but presenting it as an option available to you. There are also other options such as having a 2 month trial of using the existing board and revisiting the issue after the new year, or deciding to have a new round of elections.

    All that said, I think it?s awesome that Pueblo has had such an influx of interest and members. ROTS come out in ?.. 6 months. I heartily encourage everyone take stock of what is important, offer his or her opinions, and work out
  22. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Oct 28, 2002
    star 6
    Darth Jurist?I want to thank you for your input, and your help.

    I was thinking about this a lot on Thanksgiving?I want to apologize for being so angry and for displaying that publicly. I?m glad an impartial third party got involved. I?m sorry if that steps on anybody?s toes, really.

    We?re like a family?sort of like siblings. We don?t always see eye to eye on everything, we don?t always agree, sometimes we even fight. But in the end, we?re a gang, a group, a circle. We always get past it. And we always remember that we luv each other too much to stay mad for very long. [face_blush]

    So, sorry.

    I agree that we should discuss elections or restructuring at the meeting tomorrow, but that we should make a future date for any serious changes. The last elections were in June, maybe we can make it a six month thing, and make any big decisions at next months meeting. That gives everyone a month to come up with ideas and gives everyone a month to get over any bad feelings.

    Whatever?just thought I?d throw that out there.
  23. Gilbu_Cotac Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jun 24, 2002
    star 1
    So somebody tell me if we need lions or not, cause I got a guy from Pueblo zoo on the phone. He says we can have them for the afternoon, but if they eat anyone but FanForce members, we lose the deposit. So yea or neigh?

    Oh yeah, where's the library?

    Snoogans.
  24. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Oct 28, 2002
    star 6
    Well at least a lion would eat me last, lol. I'm stringy. :p

    Its the new library on Abriendo...where are you coming from?
  25. DarthJurist Admin Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Dec 10, 2000
    star 5
    We?re like a family?sort of like siblings. We don?t always see eye to eye on everything, we don?t always agree, sometimes we even fight. But in the end, we?re a gang, a group, a circle. We always get past it. And we always remember that we luv each other too much to stay mad for very long.

    lol.. my local club is the same way. Sometime we hate each other, but one of our mottos is "I ******* love us." We've all been friends for so long that we occasionally cross over that line between love and hate. But then we build a life size Jabba or an Admiral Ackbar ham, and it's all good. 8-}

    ~H~
    ... what a motto with you?
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.