main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD when the fit hits the shan

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by sith star, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killer Ewok

Killer Ewok Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 23, 1999
    Oh ... sorry to over-intellectualise on you. My bad.

2. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    I would got the education path.

You know, give a man a fish and all that.

But I would save enough to buy a few small WMD and if they don't catch on fast enough I could send 'em back to god.

**** their economies. They need to learn to be self-sufficient first.

3. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    It is way more complicated than just that and I don't think throwing money around is going to fix anything, so what would I do? Build an interstella craft and get off this war mongering planet.

4. -luigi-

-luigi- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    It is compliated but you can't get anything done without money.

Put enough money in the right hands and we could do alot of positive things to change this world.

5. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    True that it all has to start somewhere, I just don't think that throwing that kind of money will solve the problem, it will alleviate it for a while but it won't solve it.

6. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    The protestors who target our soliders are disgusting, ignorant, and hypocritical in my opinion. In the first, to treat another human being that way, second because the soliders have absolutely no say in the decision what so ever, and finally because many of the protestors change views with what is trendy. I'm not saying that some of them don't have legitimate beliefs or that they shouldn't protest at all, but if only months ago they were protesting about the human rights situation in Iraq etc. but ignore that now, they can hardly be taken seriously.

As for the billions of dollars, I'd probably donate it to childrens charaties and the UNs children organisation, to improve health and education which inevitably leads to democratic and economic reform. Along the same lines as Kahli's "Give someone a fish" statement.

On the war in general, I don't agree with going in without UN approval. However, there is some reason to go to war (previously mentioned human rights stuff). The Coalition of the Willing is going in for the wrong reasons, IMO, but some good may come of it. In short: I don't know :(

7. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    How does that go?

8. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    The fish thing?

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

9. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Ah yes, that's how it goes. :D

10. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    150 billion.

Maybe set up a compulsory "camp" where world leaders,decision makers, heads of major companies, representatives of small communities, little people and Mum's and Dad's go to at least once in their lives for a month to watch good optimistic sci-fi, discuss great things about the world and group hug a bit.

Or spend the money on fabricating a common enemy like asteroid bombardment or a common good like "discovering" easy and chaep warp travel.

Basically spend the money reminding everyone that we live on the one planet and are the same species.

11. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    good answer :)

12. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    I think she put alot of thought behind that one.

13. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    We could have hired hit men with in Saddam's ranks for a few hundrend K to take him out ;) that would be the cheapest alternative ;)

14. Fampa

Fampa Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2002
    They should've atken him out the first time round...we might not even be discussing this now.

15. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Yes well, never underestimate the US government to make a huge misjudgement at an inappropriate time.

16. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Plus their 'special' forces just can't do what Chuck Norris movies say they can do.

17. Otter

Otter Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    $150 billion? Education, like Kahli said.

That'll level out the population problem for staters. Less mouths means less hungry.

18. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Your logic is impeccable

19. Otter

Otter Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    As is your flattery.

20. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Just calling it how I see it.

21. sith star

sith star Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2000
    well the time is up (fianlly)
    and for the record I dont care who war scares off
    you should be scared by war and dont fool your selves for one minute into thinking this war will not affect you even if the war does finish early and they do get sodumb insane (and the first strike was a failure) the other nations who think and back him will carry on in his foot steps.
    and that means the war will be brought here in one form or another
    you might think I am a raving idiot and you are right !! but I am not so stoopid into thinking this friggin war is just about oil and we are immune to it if thats what you think then you are the fool

be prepared my friends please at least think about what might happen even if you store some water in your pantry its better than walikg around with you head up your butt

btw if you do hate this war and I am sure most of you do NEVER take out your anger on the men and women in the ADF they are doin what they think is right for YOU
    they have jobs and boss's and they are only doin what thier boss tells them to

22. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    Did the last Gulf War make it here?
    America is more prepared this time too and that new 'bunker bomb' is going to make it very hard for anyone to hide.

Are you really storing water?
    If so you should seek help for your paranoia.

I do agree with one thing you said, don't diss the armed forces.
    Take it out on the government, our soilders are just doing their job.

23. sith star

May 29, 2000
    no I am not storing water :p
    but I know many who are
    it may sound bizzare perhaps alittle paranoid but hay better to be redy then thirsty

24. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    last time I checked water fell from the sky, perhaps it wuld be better to store something to eat?

call me crazy.

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.

25. sith star

May 29, 2000
    water doesnt fall from the sky during droughts last time I checked ?????
    also if chemwar happens all water sourses are null and void ???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.