main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD when the fit hits the shan

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by sith star, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -luigi-

-luigi- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    chemwar huh?

why bother doing anything if it comes to that, I personaly choose not to live in fear.

this war wont last long.

and let me just poin out that Australia would not exactly be a big target and if they did choose to do something here I seriously doubt they would in Brisbane.

2. sith star

sith star Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2000
    I hope you are right I really do but think about it out side of your closed mind look at the world around you the world is goin to war several counties are at war with many considering to follow then there are others who just want to make nuculear weapons ..... guess what they are not for fun they hate the U.S and all that stand with them ...............oh crap thats us :(

3. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    I'm not worried. Now if Australia was close to say the most over populated muslim country in the world, then I would be worried.

Oh, wait...

4. sith star

May 29, 2000
    what they are says who ??? oh no look out oh wait they are kinda nice people when you get to know them as long as you are the same as them ?? right ???

5. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    I'm sure they are generally wonderful but most people take what they think is an attack on their faith kinda personally.

Can't imagine why.

6. sith star

May 29, 2000
    in thier eyes if you are not the same as them you are satan spawn

7. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    It seems that it matters not whether a war is justified or not. If in truth there ever was a justified war. However retribution well be exacted for what ever harm that comes from it. I'm sure your average Iraqi citizen isn't going to see that the attack on his or her country as a necessary evil, all they will see is pain and destruction on something that they love. What can we honestly expect from such an event? The gulf war led to Sep 11 in way or another. This type of violence only breeds terrorists. It does not stop them; it does not get rid of them. It can only encourage them to act in more terrible and horrific ways.

Make no mistake, evil will come of this and it will strike anywhere.

8. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    Well I'll start stocking up my Y2K shelter then.

9. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Well I don't think we need to worry overly in this matter, it is best however to be prepared for the unexpected.

10. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    let's all run out and buy gas masks then.

11. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Suggestion noted.

12. Fampa

Fampa Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2002
    I think I've said this before but...

I fear nothing living in Logan.
    (unless the Chatty Tavern becomes a target)

13. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    90% of Indonesian Muslims are Abangang Muslim, meaning they are very moderate. The problem there is the military and the 10% of Muslim Indonesians that are fundamentalists.

Also, did anyone see on the news that protestors have thrown paint on the NSW Premier's car? That's so incredibly ignorant that it's almost laughable. Since when do Premiers have any say in military policy?

14. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    It's not the act of what they do that is important, the point is getting their protest on the news by any means necessary. This can be taken too far of course.

15. Fampa

Jul 20, 2002
    I always wondered whether or not those people had jobs to go to.

16. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    I would think that the majority are either unemployed or students of one form or other.

17. Fampa

Jul 20, 2002
    idle hands...

18. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Indeed.

19. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    The indiscriminate protests do get them on the news, but lead to most people thinking they're stupid.

20. Fampa

Jul 20, 2002
    Bring back the Nashos I say!! Dagnabit!

21. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    All you need to look at is the history of protests. I do remember reading something on it. Anyway the most succesful demonstrations are those that get the most news coverage. Which is why Greenpeace is so succesful as you can see what they get up to. The problem however is that the majority of protests are not that well organised. To come back to Greenpeace, they pursue their targets with almost military precision in just about anthing they do. Why? Well for one to have the greatest news coverage as they can and at the same time reduce the risk of injury and or arrests. Of course at the same time arrests are quite desirable as nothing get's the publics attention as somebody being arrested for a just cause. It's almost as if they were being marterd in a way. Of course all this being said you can go too far.

22. Fampa

Jul 20, 2002
    You see them get hauled away in the wagon, shouting and chanting.

You never see them shouting and chanting in court.

I guess no one explained to them the possibilities of cushy govt jobs that they've waved goodbye to.

23. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    In most cases the arrest is more than enough, how long they spend in the lockup does not matter.

24. sith star

May 29, 2000
    friggin hippies thats all they are no good beat nick hippies

25. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    DAMN IT CNN SHOW SOME GOOD AND INTERESTING FOOTAGE AND THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE GREEN BLURRED JPEG COMPRESSED NIGHT VISION FOOTAGE AND IF IT PLEASE DO NOT CALL IT "DRAMATIC WAR FOOTAGE OF THE MIGHTY M1 TANKS" THANK YOU.

[face_obligatory-smiley-because-some-people-are-much-too-touchy]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.