main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WHEN THE LEGENDS RETURN (Updated Aug, 22 2002)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by COPAZIE, Nov 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COPAZIE

COPAZIE Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2000
    When a Jedi's life comes to an end, his life force becomes one with the force itself. Their conciousness, however, transends to another plane of existence. It is within this plain that all Jedi of the past unite. Just as they had done all their lives, they continue to seek enlightenment from the Force. It is a place of calm, serenity and contemplation. And it is here, that our story begins.

He woke with a start. Eyelids still too tired to rise, he felt for his robe, and slipped it on as he rose from the bed. Out of habbit, he reached for his cane, smirked inwardly when he realized he no longer needed it. He felt a jolt again, the same kind that woke him up. It was a disturbance in the Force, a big one, it felt like an earthquake.

"Something wrong, dear?" his wife asked.

"Know will I, soon enough" Yoda said over his shoulder, as he opened the door and stepped outside.

Every earthquake has an epicenter, a point of origin, that the tremors radiate from. Yoda could feel where they were coming from, somewhere near Obi-Wan's home. When the little Jedi Master arrived, he found that several other jedi had also been drawn to the scene. They stood in a circle, in the center of that circle, was the source of the disturbances. Another earthquake hit.

Being so close to it this time Yoda fell to the ground, all the Jedi did. It was much more intense here, it was a ripple of negative emotions, Anger, Hate, Fear, Sorrow, an overwhelming Dispair, Greif. Yoda looked up, now seeing the source of the disturbance for what he truly was. It was Anakin Skywalker.

Yoda rose and instanly began walking towards him, ready to teach this one a lesson, causing this kind of distubance... But Kenobi held him back. Yoda turned to him for explination.

"Master Yoda, it would be best not to interfere. This will run it's course."

"Disturbances in this place? Tolerated this will not be. Such dark powers, in this sacred land are forbidden!"

Yoda broke free of Obi Wans grasp and continued forward, only to be blocked this time by Mace Windu.

"Windu, what have you to say on this?"

"Master Yoda, do you not feel why he is so upset?" At that, another force Earthquake. Yoda opened himself to the emotions within it to seek understanding. He found it, his heart fell. Skywalker had good reason to be upset. He just found out, that his grandson, Anakin Solo, was dead.

2. Commander_Jeva

Commander_Jeva Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    I'm interested...I haven't gotten my hands on SbS so I have no real clue how Anakin died...I'll be looking for more of this! ;)

3. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
    "How can this be? Forseen the boys future was. A great destiny remain for him." Yoda was shocked, and shocking a Jedi Master was not easy.

"None of us saw this coming." replied Mace. "We have all sensed that the Galaxy and everything in it is guided by he Force to it's intended destinies. These, Yuhzan Vong, exist outside the force. We did not sense their arrival into the Galaxy, nor did we anticipate their conquest so many worlds. " Mace's voice began to waver, so Obi Wan continued for him.

"We did, however, feel confident that Luke's Jedi Order would be able to contain the threat, and eventually defeat it. Unfortunatley the Force seems as blind to the Vong as they are to it. This invasion altered the destiny of this Galaxy. Nothing is certain anymore."

Yoda reached out to his friend the Force, his constant companion. It showed him that all they said was true. It also felt different distant guarded. Something was definitley wrong. "Well, prepare we should for the Solo boy's arrival." The wisened old Master walked slowly away. Obi Wan turned to his former student gently put his hand on his shoulder and looked into his eyes. "You must greet him, when he arrives. As the closest family member on this side, it is your duty. Act as his guide, the first few days until he becomes settled. Be strong for him, Skywalker, I know that you can."

4. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Post soon!! This is great.

5. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Love it! Keep going. I wonder how Anakin Solo is going to react to being dead.

6. LeiaSkywalker

LeiaSkywalker Jedi Master star 3

Mar 31, 2001
    Yes, this is good! Can't wait for the Anakins to meet! :)

7. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
    The arrival coridoor is a gateway, through which all Jedi must eventually pass. It is the only entrance to this plain. Anakin Skywalker, Obi Wan, Mace Windu, and Yoda, waited at the foot of the Coridoor as Anakin Solo stepped through. He seemed disoriented, his last memory was aboard a Yuhzan Vong Worldship, holding a hord of warriors at bay while his friends made a narrow escape.

Skywalker's heart stuck in his throat. He had know idea what to say. This was the first time he had ever seen one of his grandchildren face to face.

"Hello Anakin." He called out to the youth, who was looking about, like a lost tourist.

"Who are you? How did you know my..."

"No doubt you have many questions. Rest assured the answers will come in their due time." Skywalker fumbled for the right words. "This is difficult for me to explain. You have become one with the force."

"You mean I'm dead?... I guess that makes sense but... What is this place?"

"After a beings life energy returns to the Force, their conciousness remains, that conciousness trancends the physical world and comes here. You are welcome here, this plain of existence is vast, and consists of many different environments, each designed to make the residents as comfortable as possible. This land, is for Jedi, a quiet place, where each of us seeks further understanding of the force."

"You are all Jedi?"

"In this land, yes, all of us are Jedi... at least we were once." Skywalker gestured to the Masters who had gathered at the cooridoor with him to meet Anakin. "Although you have never met any of these people, they all know you. Let me introduce them to you, I think you might recognize some of their names. This is my good freind Obi Wan Kenobi."

"A pleasure to meet you at last young Solo." Anakin shook hands with the man, surprised such a legendary Jedi would be there to meet him. Skywalker continued.

"This is Mace Windu, once a leader of the Jedi Council."

"Hello young Jedi." Anakin nodded in return.

"... and this is Master Yoda."

Anakin stood before the little green being and knelt to look him directly in the eyes. "It's honor to meet you Master Yoda, Uncle Luke speaks of you often."

"... And so he should. Not easy am I to forget. hehehe." The gruff exterior of the ancient master cracked a bit, revealing the myrthful, prankster he had been when he first met Luke on Dagobah.

"How is Luke? Is he doing well?" Mention of his son piqued Skywalker's intrest.

"He's handling the war with the Vong the best he can... I don't know though. I'm concerned for all of them. This invasion is like nothing we have faced before. I honestly don't know if we can win."

At that moment a vision came uninvited to all of them. The galaxy spinning into darkness. The Jedi began to fall in greater numbers, more worlds conquered, many more worlds. The force itself was in pain... suffering. Then all the Jedi were gone... the entire galaxy was dominated by the Vong. Every last native creature in the galaxy was killed, leaving only the Yuzhan Vong and there beasts. Within the vision they felt something they never thought could happen, they felt the Force die.

8. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    The Force died!!!??? Well, don't leave me in suspense, post more soon!!!!!!

9. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
  10. GreyJediAntarFodoh

GreyJediAntarFodoh Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2001
    *jaw drops*

More, you must soon post! hehehe

11. Jedinight-A

Jedinight-A Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2001
    The Force die :eek: The jedi have to do something. Can't wait till more. This is interesting. :D

~JA~

12. GreyJediAntarFodoh

Oct 3, 2001
    Up

I really hope this story is continued.

13. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
    Sorry it's been so long since the last post. It's not much but at least it's something :)

It had been three standard days since his arrival, three days since the vision. Anakin Solo was adjusting well to the change, some spirits took much longer to accept this plane as a reality. Many refered to it as a dream they kept expecting to wake up from. True, there were times he became severely disoriented, but the affects were temporary, and a perfectly natural part of the transition.

But the vision... he couldn't shake the feeling something was going very wrong. As comfortable as he had become with his new surroundings, he felt as though he didn't belong there. His guide said this too, was perfectly natural especially in younger spirits.

Newcomers often went through a period of denial. That made sense, denial was a stage in the greiving process. That was something Anakin had never thought of before. While the survivors grieve for the loss of their loved one, the departed grieve as well, because they are seperated from those close to them. He missed his family terribly. He had been seperated from them before, but only for a few months at the very most. It could be decades before he saw any of them again. On this point he was torn, he knew that the longer they lived the better for everyone. Better for them, and better for a galaxy that so desperatley needed Jedi to defend it. It was selfish to want to see them soon, because he knew what that would mean, but he felt it all the same.

His guide was right, his discomfort was probably because of his greiving process. It was a good explination but it didn't feel like it was the right one. The feeling that he shouldn't be there wasn't coming from inside him, it was coming from the Force....
    And that vision...

There was a knock on the door, Anakin answered it. The Guide, Anakin didn't know what else to call him. At the cooridoor, the young man had introduced everyone, but himself. After the intial greetings and introductions, this young man had shown him the city. It was not much unlike an orientation week at a school, learning your way around, how things are done, etc. After three days, Anakin consider him to be a friend. It felt akward to still not know his name. He would have to fix that soon.

14. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Wow! Anakin in the land of the dead... Vong taking over the galaxy... the Force itself dying... I'm hooked! :)

15. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Okay, that would be 'kinda creepy. I can't wait for more!!!

16. GreyJediAntarFodoh

Oct 3, 2001
    Wow! I can't wait to see Anakin's reaction to his guide's name.

Please keep it up!

17. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
  18. Risste

Risste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2001
    MORE MORE MORE! This is awesome! Yoda is hilarious!

19. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Up! Post soon!

20. Commander_Jeva

Commander_Jeva Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
  21. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
    "How are you today Anakin?" his guide asked as he stepped into the living room.

"Good, it's really comfortable here. Think I'm starting to get used to it." Anakin replied. "Would you like something to drink?"

"No thank you Anakin, I'm fine. I'm actually here on official buisness."

"What am I in trouble or something?"

"No, no, the High Council is holding a meeting tommorow about the vision we had upon your arrival. Yoda has asked you to come. He beleives you might be of great assistance."

"Oh, well then I'd be happy to help."

"Good, well... uhmm... now that's out of the way.."

"Would you like to sit down?" Anakin gestured to a comfortable looking chair.

"Yes, thank you. there is something I'd like to talk to you about. On the day you arrived, and I introduced you to everyone, I..."

".... You know... sorry to interupt, I.. something has been bugging me and I would like to ask now that I have a chance."

"Ok.. go ahead."

"Well it's about that day too, I guess. I was happy to meet everybody there, but... I have a few family members who died before me. Well, first of all there was Chewie.. I.. " tears began to form in his eyes. "... I.. if he's here, I would really like to see him again."

"I understand... he is here, and he is fine. He wants to see you too, very badly. He wanted to be there to greet you when you arrived, but.. We thought it might be too much for you to handle so soon. He understood that and agreed to wait. He'll be here when your ready."

"That's... that's good to know."

"When we get newcomers here, friends and family are traditionally at the arrival cooridor to greet them..."

"..That's another thing..." Anakin rose from his chair, interupting again. "... there's supposed to be another Anakin here right? Skywalker? Uncle Luke told us that he turned back to the Light Side before he died... is my grandfather here?"

The guide looked up at Anakin, a gaze that seemed to go right through him. A thousand emotions played out over his new friends face in the span of a few seconds. Anakin didn't even need the Force to sense that he had touched on something important.

"He didn't know how you would react... again not wanting to give you more than you could handle.

There are many things in his life, things that he did, that still haunt him. So many regrets, so many things that he can never atone for.." His voice began to crack. "He wanted to introduce himself, he really did. He wanted to embrace his grandson, and tell him how proud he was of him... but he..." His eyes began to water now. "He didn't know how you felt about him, he didn't know if you would see a man... or a monster.." He couldn't hold his tears back anymore, he broke down, sobbing in that comfortable chair.

Anakin put his hand on his new friends shoulder, knelt down beside him. "It's alright, it's alright. Let it out, let it all out." His guide looked up at him through red rimmed, watery eyes. The young Solo looked at him face to face and said. "Everythings going to be fine... Anakin."

Skywalker smiled weakly, and Solo smiled back. The elder Anakin was embarassed. Sobbing like a toddler in his grandson's living room. But it was over, the worst part was over... the truth was out now.

22. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Great reaction, very Anakin Soloish. I can't wait for more, post soon!

23. GreyJediAntarFodoh

Oct 3, 2001
    WONDERFUL! I was worried that you might have abandoned the fic. I'll keep reading as long as you keep posting!

24. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
    They spent the rest of the day talking. There was so much to say. Skywalker relayed his countless adventures as Obi-Wan's padawan.

Solo spoke of his exploits, as his grandfather beamed, like any proud grandfather would. He spoke of Tahiri, and there first kiss, in a locker on board a doomed space station.

Skywalker then told him about Padme, Shimi, Watto, Owen and Beru.

Skywalker was overjoyed to learn that Luke had named his son Ben, after Kenobi.

Solo was intrigued when Skywalker described the thrill of Pod-Racing. The events that went down in the history logs as the clone wars. It was one thing to learn facts about it from a data pad. It was quite another to hear of the experiemces of someone who was actually there.

They talked well into the night...

Then something happened... They both felt a terrible pain.. through the Force... Like a million voices crying out in terror, and then suddenly silenced... The Vong had just destroyed another world...

Then they heard a voice.. it was Yoda.. The high council was calling an emergency meeting... tonight.

25. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    What planet?? I..must...have...more! *collapses*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.