main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WHEN THE LEGENDS RETURN (Updated Aug, 22 2002)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by COPAZIE, Nov 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katy-Beth

Katy-Beth Jedi Master star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    Hi I just found your story! I've really been enjoying it so far. Its cool how you've brought back more than just Anakin (either of them). I'm especially loving Yoda, he was always my favorite. The meeting between Boba Fett and Mace (not to mention any of the others) should prove to be interesting.

Everybody's (i.e. Luke, Han, Leia, Mara, etc.) reaction to seeing the returned ones should also be interesting, especially Anakin Skywalker's return. I know Luke stressed really hard to his students that Anakin died good, but the memory of Vader is still going to hard to forget. I'm most interested in seeing Mara's meeting with Anakin since she was also one of Palpatine's top servants when Vader was.

If I remember correctly though, Fett no longer has Slave I in the books post ROTJ (I think in OT as well). I forget what number his current (last published) Slave is though.

More soon please!

2. Katy-Beth

Jun 16, 2002
    Just thought of something else! I haven't read that far yet in the NJO books so is Master Ikrit around? His reaction to seeing Yoda could be pretty cool too.

3. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    good post.....glad Boba will not kill them......so, when's the next post?

4. COPAZIE

COPAZIE Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2000
    The eight companions had left the bridge long ago. Yoda had guided them to the dining hall. After eating some of the oldest rations on record, they sat and waited for Boba Fett to arrive with the MIS, or Mobile Imperial Shipyard, as it had come to be called.

"I hate waiting." shouted Anakin Solo once again. It was becoming repetative. So much so that Chewie had begun to keep track. This was the thirty-eighth time Han's youngest boy had announced his disapproval of waiting. Chewie thought about saying something, but decided to hold off until the count reached an even forty... he didn't have anything better to do. Without additional tools, and spare parts there was nothing left on board the Chu'uthor for Chewie to fix. He wondered if Boba Fett would actually come through for them. To say that Chewie and the bounty hunter had alot of bad history between them... well that would be a greivous understatement. As the sworn protector of Han Solo, who had a list of enemies the length of a Worshire branch, Chewie had squared off against Fett on several occasions. The reunion was not something Chewie was looking forward to, but the fact that all their hopes were pinned on him was strangley ammusing.

"I Hate Waiting!"

That was thirty nine... one more to go...

"Anakin!" Obi-wan shouted. "That's enough." he stated cooly as he regained his composure.

Crap! Chewie thought to himself. Apparently, Obi-wan's fuse was even shorter than his.

Obi-wan sensed the attack before it actually arrived, but it was to quick to avoid. He reached down and rubbed his shin, as the stick that had struck it was Force pulled back into Yoda's hand.

"What did you hit ME for?" Obi-wan called to Yoda, who was sitting cross legged on a table across the room.

"Young Solo is. From both sides of his bloodline, the call to action is strong. Eagerness, anticipation, not unexpected from him." Yoda answered calmly, as his gaze turned from the youngest member of the group to Obi-wan. "From you, a Jedi Master, expect much more I do. Besides, waiting til he reached 40 Chewbacca and I were..."

Everyone in the room laughed, even Obi-wan. The tension was broken. Yoda let out a sigh.
    "Impatcience, for Jedi a weakness is. Idleness however, equally dangerous can be." He rose to his feet, climbed down off the table and ambled for the door. "With me come, all of you. Something to occupy the idle time, we will find..." The fact that he hated waiting, was left unsaid.

5. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    I never thought of Yoda as an impatient bugger. I guessed wrong.

6. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    [face_laugh] That was great! [face_laugh] More soon?

7. Katy-Beth

Jun 16, 2002
    [face_laugh] Yoda waiting with Chewie until Anakin reached the big 4-0 was great! Yoda's way of saying he was tired of waiting was good too. Can't wait to see what he has in store for everyone.

More soon please!

8. Hann315

Hann315 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    those were great!! I LOVE THIS STORY!!!!

~Luv Hann

9. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Hmm, I wonder what would've happened if Anakin Solo had reached 40? Maybe Chewie yelling at him to stop while Yoda hit him with his stick. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I'll bet anything that Yoda's idea to pass the time is training.

10. GreyJediAntarFodoh

GreyJediAntarFodoh Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2001
    This post made me do something I very rarely do... I actually laughed out loud. Great post.

Just FYI... Obi-Wan never actually attained the rank/title of Jedi Master. I just thought I'd mention that.

11. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Great story.

12. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    I've always thought that a bit strange, Fodoh. I mean, what did Windu do that was so darned special to make him a Master?

13. GreyJediAntarFodoh

Oct 3, 2001
    I'm assuming that he passed some kind of trials similar to the ones Padawans must face to acend to the rank of Knight.

I just recall that a couple weeks ago, starwars.com's Jedi Council's question was about Obi-Wan's actual rank and it was officially stated that he never passed the rank of Knight.

14. Bror_Jace

Bror_Jace Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2002
    Please keep posting often, I can't wait for more!

15. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    short but good......I hope the posts can come more regularly now............. ;)

16. Labria_uk

Labria_uk Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2000
    yes yes more !!, recent posts have been fun to read.

17. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    Your story is still wonderful. I checked the boards and was so happy to see you'd returned to writing it! I can't wait to read your next post!

~Inyri

18. GreyJediAntarFodoh

Oct 3, 2001
    Up!

I'm FINALLY reading Star By Star and I have to say that it's an amazing book! Vector Prime was fantastic and I tore through it in no time. Balance Point was so slow that I didn't get into it till 50 pages from the end. SBS, tho, I got into by page 2! When I'm done, I'm gonna re-read this fic from the start again and I know I'll love it just as much as I did the first time... Maybe more. Keep up the good work!

19. Jedisusan

Jedisusan Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2001
    this a great story I hope you havn't quit . l:)

20. Hann315

Hann315 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Post soon, u must.

~Luv Hann

21. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    It took you this long to get to SBS, Fodoh. I thought I'd gotten you there a while ago.

22. GreyJediAntarFodoh

Oct 3, 2001
    I would have, but Balance Point was just so boring! took me forever as I had to force myself to read each page.

UPPERS!

23. GreyJediAntarFodoh

Oct 3, 2001
    edit: accidental re-send

24. COPAZIE

COPAZIE Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2000
    The was a distinctive thud as the Slave 1 docked with the massive facility. Boba and Codo, identically covered in Mandalorian armor, checked their gear before poping the hatch.

"Keep alert son. With old Imperial projects you never know what surprises may pop out at you."

"I'll watch your back if you watch mine." Codo said through a grin, hidden beneath his mask.

With that Boba nodded, and hit the release button. The hatch opened with a hiss, and the two of them entered a long, curving hallway. Boba took in his surroundings, he always did, it was dimly lit, and cold. The ceiling was at least 20 meters tall, with large overhead pipes running it's length. Codo linked his datapad to the first computer terminal he found, and downloaded the facilities schematics. After a few moments of studying the diagrams Codo turned to his father, "That way to the bridge dad."

"After you then." Boba gestured for his son to take point. Boba's mind wandered as they journeyed to the bridge... The Empire had died years before Codo was born, and Boba was born years before the Empire. 'Just how old am I?' Boba mused. He knew many humans close to his age were retired, many more had already died, but Boba was in excellent health, despite everything his body had been through. Codo halted, and signaled for his father to do the same.

"What is it, son?"

"I thought I saw something moving up ahead." Codo replied.

"Your thermal scanner running?"

"Yeah, but I don't read anything above room temprature."

"Probbably just maintanance droids or someth... LOOK OUT!" Father and son both hit the floor, and rolled to opposite sides of the coridoor. Blaster bolts sang by so closley in the first attack that Codo had felt the heat from them as they passed. Emerging from the shadows that concealed them, twenty Imperial Sentry Droids pressed forward. Neither Boba nor Codo had much cover so they fell back quickly, using the curve of the cooridor to sheild them selves from their mechanical attackers. The two of them took turns popping out at random intervals to snap off a few shots as they continued to fall back.

"Down to fifteen now dad.."

"Good shot on the last one."

"They've got a weak spot of the left torso close to the neck, right about here.." Codo pointed to a point on his own body to illustrate the point.

"Right there?" Boba asked as he nailed two more Sentries in the spot Codo indicated. They went down immediately afterward.

"Close enough." Codo jibbed. "We'd better fall back a bit more."

"Wait son listen."

"I don't hear anything."

"Pick up your sonic scanning then."

"Sounds like more footsteps, coming from behind us... Their herding us into a trap!"

"Looks that way, these droids have got more tactical programing than I would have given them credit for. Still, they won't be much of a problem." Codo looked at him curiously as Bob continued. "...The best way around tactical droid is to act unpredictably, follow me." Boba fell back a couple more meters, then fired his jet-pack. He flew straight up for fifteen meters with Codo close behind. They both landed on top of a large overhead pipe well concealed in darkness. Twenty seconds later they watched from above as the two teams of Sentries arrived at the point that their intruders should have been. The droids never looked up, they weren't programed to take that possibility into account. If they had been programed to do so, they might have noticed the thermal detonator as it fell into the middle of their ranks.

"Boom." Boba Fett smirked as the brilliant flash of the explosion reflected off of his visor.

"No more droids." Codo responded, he almost sounded regretful. "Now what are we gonna shoot at?"

"Cheer up son, I'm sure there are other things on this blasted station that will try to kill us."

25. Katy-Beth

Jun 16, 2002
    Typical bounty hunters, always needing to blow up something!

So when are we getting back to all the resurrected (sp?) Jedi?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.