main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WHEN THE LEGENDS RETURN (Updated Aug, 22 2002)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by COPAZIE, Nov 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    Very good.

2. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Great post, Copazie! :D

"Boom." Boba Fett smirked as the brilliant flash of the explosion reflected off of his visor.

"No more droids." Codo responded, he almost sounded regretful. "Now what are we gonna shoot at?"

"Cheer up son, I'm sure there are other things on this blasted station that will try to kill us."
    [face_laugh]

3. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    good post :)

4. JediSmuggler

JediSmuggler Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 1999
    Love this fic!

5. GreyJediAntarFodoh

GreyJediAntarFodoh Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2001
    Wondeful! Your characterisations are great! I love everything about this story!!!

6. COPAZIE

COPAZIE Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2000
    Yoda led his eight companions through a maze of hallways. With the Chu'unthor in power saving mode, most of the ships systems were disabled when not in use. Lights flickered into existence before the group as they triggered sensors within the ship. Yoda walked briskly, despite his age, and left many to wonder what he was up to. To those who knew him best, however, the answer was obvious. At last he came to a halt, before a hatch where he placed his small, four fingered hand upon an access plate. The hatched hissed open to reveal a large chamber shrouded in darkness. As they passed through the threshold the lights flickered, dimly, then steadily increase in intensity to reveal a very well equiped gymnasium. Muscle toning equipment, balance beams, parallel bars, aerobic fitness machines, and toward the back, some sparring mats and.....
    ....LightSabers!

"Thought it time, I did, that we should re-unite with our most trusted allies." stated Yoda sagely.

"I thought something didn't feel right..." said Solo, reflexively looking to his waist where, sure enough, he lacked a lightsaber. ".. felt like something was missing."

"I can't believe I didn't notice immediatley that I was unarmed." replied Skywalker.

"You aren't the only one Anakin.." reassured Obi-wan.

They all moved excitedly to the other end of the chamber, and gaped at the extensive selection of lightsabers before. Yoda ambled to the end of the row, pressed a button on the underside of the shelf, and retrieved one of his old spare lightsabers. Now, he felt whole again. The others began to choose what was most suited to them. Anakin Solo had never seen this many lightsabers in one place before. He walked along the massive display and studied several that caught his eye. Some of the sabers here were definitley designed for non-humans. Some sabers were intracately designed, others were utilitarian and plain and yet others...

"WHOAH!! What the? COOL!!" Anakin had never seen anything quite like it before, it was so simple, yet many of the best ideas often were. "Why did I never think to build a saber like this?" He held up his new weapon of choice, a double bladed-lightsaber...

Qui-gon and Obi-wan rolled their eyes.

"What?" Anakin asked into the dead silence.

7. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Excellent post, Copazie! :D I can't wait to see them all in action! :D

8. Katy-Beth

Katy-Beth Jedi Master star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    A double bladed lightsaber would be something Anakin would get excited about. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon probably aren't too thrilled though, I'd think they have bad memories about such weapons. ;)

Thanks for posting! :D

I want more though! Soon! :D

I'm so demanding aren't I? [face_devil] :D

9. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Loved Anakin Solo's reaction to the blade and his remark to Qui and Obi.

10. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I liked the post.

11. GreyJediAntarFodoh

Oct 3, 2001
    I laughed... I cried... WEll... maybe not cried, but I did laugh. It was a cute and fun post. ALWAYS a pleasure to read this fic!

12. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Guess someone's going to have to tell little Ani 'bout the Battle of Naboo? ;) But I like that Anakin likes the double blade.

13. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
    It took a great deal of getting used to, but to Anakin the effort was well worth it. He took the saber through a few standard manuvers. As he had countless times at the Yavin Academy, he visualized an adversary to spar against. Many students did this to warm up before sparring against a real opponent.

Many of the techniques he had learned however, could not be applied to use with a double bladed saber. A few time he came close to injuring himself. He took some time to think it through. He then realized slight modifications to those techniques could make many of them applicable. He stayed focused, while concentraiting on what both blades were doing. As some of the other Jedi watched on, he slowly began devloping his own style.

Despite his age, he already had quite a bit of combat experience against the Vong. A weapon like the one in his hands now could prove to be very effective versus an Amphistaff. Obi-wan and Qui-gon were still observing with a sense of unease. Yoda noticed this, and as the other Jedi began sparing with eachother, Yoda pulled the youthful Jedi aside...

"Yes Master Yoda?"

"With me walk a bit, will you?"

"Sure. Are you feeling better?"

"Much, thank you." which was true, but he knew he was still not fully recovered. "Impressed I am, with how quickly adapted you have, to your newfound saber."

"Thank you master, but I have to admit I've almost cut myself in half three times already."

Yoda chuckled. "More a danger to yourself, than your enemies, do you feel?" Yoda looked up curiously.

"At the moment, yes." Replied Anakin as they left the Gymnasiun and began walking, once again along the empty cooridors of the ancient ship. "Think I'm geeting the hang of it though. I'm sure it will be well worth it once things start to heat up."

"Double bladed sabers, for many years, were used by Jedi Masters as training tools. Helped it did, to hone reflexes and awareness. Exceptional in saberplay, Jedi needed to be, to face a Master who weilded this weapon. Greater still, to use one themselves, and live. Abandonded, the Jedi Order did, the use of these, eventually. Too dangerous, they were deemed. Many Masters, over time, hurt seriously themselves. Killed a few Jedi were, who attempted to weild them unskillfully..."

"You don't think I'm ready to use it then?" Anakin cut in, resigned. All hope he had of using it against the Vong vanished.

"Not yet," then Yoda grinned. "a few more weeks training you need, I think. Of your skills there is no question. Handle the resonsibility, you can." Anakins eyes lit up, as he realized that not only could he keep his new toy, but Master Yoda had just subtley paid him a complement! Yoda had always been a strict master, but he didn't enjoy being hard on his students. It was just necesary. Yoda's favorite part of being a Jedi Master, was the rare occasion he could give a student an unexpected, yet well deserved gift. "Suggest I do, your training begin with a single blade lit. More time to adjust you need, to the longer hilt. Provide more leverage, and speed it can. Requires a very different style, your weapon does, but make it up yourself you need not. Help you I can, Yes..."

As they walked down yet another cooridoor, Yoda went on about the history of the weapon's style. It originated with the most ancient of weapons... the stick, or more appropiately known as the quartet-staff. Anakin listened attentively, eager to learn and impressed with Yoda's experience. Every now and then, Anakin would stop to ask a few questions, but Yoda didn't mind.. he really enjoyed and encouraged his students to ask questions. For the next several days Yoda's lessons were a combination of lecture, and hands on application. Using his walking stick as a miniature staff, he walked Anakin through many techniques, as his new apprentice mimmicked his movements. Yoda then realized how much he truly missed teaching.

14. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
  15. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    The best teachers are those who love to teach. I like how Yoda has easily moved into such a role with Anakin.

16. Labria_uk

Labria_uk Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2000
    that was a very good post, liked Yoda's teaching skills.

Eager to read more as always :)

17. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Excellent post, Copazie! :D Sounds like the Vong are in for a treat 8-}

18. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Now, I suppose Yoda will comment to Luke that his nefew was easier to teach thane he was. ;)

"Help you I can, yes..." That bit was great.

19. GreyJediAntarFodoh

Oct 3, 2001
    More, you must soon post. Enthralled with your story, we are. Yeeeeeees.. hmmmhehehehe

20. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    The easiest students to teach are the ones who are eager to learn. Anakin seems to be just the type.
    Can't wait to see Anakin put his new toy to the test and to see the reactions from his fmily. :D

21. JediSmuggler

Jun 5, 1999
    Double-bladed lightsaber?

I wonder if Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan will talk with Anakin...

22. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
  23. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    This is so much fun!! I love it! I can't wait to see Anakin kick some butt with that new lightsaber of his. Don't make us wait toooooo muchlonger for another post. :D Rogue

24. JediSmuggler

Jun 5, 1999
    It will be interesting to also see the opinions they have of some of the other Jedi they have out there...

25. Jedisusan

Jedisusan Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2001
    This story is real good Copazie and getting better. I hope you bring in Luke real .I hope you write soon I hate waiting . :):cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.