main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WHEN THE LEGENDS RETURN (Updated Aug, 22 2002)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by COPAZIE, Nov 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Anakin, use the Force to knock yourself out. You'll need all the sleep you can get.

What can I say? Great post!!!

2. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Ooooo! Won't that be fun to write!! And to read.

Let this be a lesson to young Anakin. Kenobi is good. Very good. That's what rubbed off on Luke. Why else would Vader say to Luke aboard the Second Death Star: "Obi-Wan, has taught you well!..."

3. JediSmuggler

JediSmuggler Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 1999
    Up.

Is a post coming?

4. StickmanLt

StickmanLt Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2002
    I can't believe you just went there. :p

Okay. I'm over it. And anxiously awaiting the next post. :p

StickmanLt

5. COPAZIE

COPAZIE Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2000
    The sun was well above Dathomir's horizon when Anakin Solo finnaly awoke. He was normally awake before sunrise, he had slept in. Despite his long slumber, he was still very tired, his sleep had been restless. The knowledge that he would be facing both Qui-Gon Jin and Obi-wan Kenobi simultaniously in saber sparring weighed heavily on his thoughts. He dressed quickly and left for the mess hall. He hoped Master Yoda wouldn't be dissapointed in him.

He expected the mess hall to be empty. By this time everyone would either be in the gymnasium, or attending to other duties within the ship.

He was wrong. Today everyone remained in the mess hall. They all turned to stare at the late arival, everyone was quiet, even Chewbacca. Anakin felt the blood rushing to his face, he had rarely felt this embarassed. He looked from face to face, they each conveyed deep dissapointment. He was in for it. Finnaly his sweep of the room fell upon the diminutive green figure of his newest master. His face too, conveyed that deeply hurtful glare. Something was different about his glare though. The corners of Yoda's scowl began to twitch upwards. Mace Windu's cheeks began to swell, as if trying to contain a burst of air that was trying to escape his mouth. It was Anakin Skywalker, who finnaly gave it away, as a barely contrained howl of laughter errupted from him. A chain is only as strong as it's weakess link. With the illusion broken everyone facade fell. The mess hall was then filled with laughter derived of a practical joke well played. After a full sixty seconds of this, Anakin Solo finnaly realized he was not actually in trouble. He joined in the laughter, after all, they got him good.

"It was all his idea kid." Nomi pointed to the elder Anakin. "He let you sleep late and got us all to play along."

Skywalker took on a mock injured expression. "Traitor." he turned to his grandson "Don't feel bad, Mace here slept in too. He got up only a few minutes before you did... but then again, he IS an old man."

"Watch it limp lungs." Mace teased. Yoda cleared his throat and everyone quieted down. He hobbled gently over to the elder Anakin, and with a broad grin on his face, smacked him solidly with his stick. The rest of the jedi let out another round of laughter as Skywalker let out a string of Huttese curses. With each curse came another whack by Yoda stick. Finally Anakin the elder got the picture and quieted down. Yoda spoke.

"Told the boy, what face he would today, you should not have. Created in him anxiety, when rest he needed most." The little green master turned to his young apprentice. "Ready, do you feel, to take on todays challenge?" Yoda inquired arching an eyebrow as he did so.

"Not really, master."

"Good." Another broad grin spread across his ancient, wrinkled face. "Your readiness, for me to decide is. Acceptance of the truth, that not all answers are within your grasp, to the road of wisdom leads. Already this puts you far ahead of many in your family." Inwardly Yoda reflects upon how much easier it was to train Luke's nephew, than Luke himself. Outwardly, he spares a mock glare to the elder Anakin, to imply it was he the comment was intended for. "Begin let us. To the gymnasium, we shall all go."

It is a universal truth that it takes an entire village to raise a child. Each individual within a community may contribute his or her streangths, skills and experiences to further the development of the next generation. Anakin Solo was no longer a child, however everyone in the group had developed a vested interest in his training. Whenever Yoda announced Anakin would be facing a new opponent, every Jedi not attending to something cruicial, dropped what they were doing to root him on. This was going to be his greatest challenge, though some speculated that perhaps if he passed this trial, he might have to face Master Yoda himself. This time, everyone was there. They were almost as anxious as he was, he could sense it. When they reached the gymnasium they all sat cross-legged surrounding the square sparring matt in the

6. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Great post, Copazie! :D

7. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    "How feel you both?"

"Fine." Obi-wan lied, but his voice and feeling betrayed him.

"A little uneasy about the nature of this sparring match Master Yoda." Qui-gon admitted.

"Understandable, yet you need not be. Proud of his achievements, thus far I am. Skillfull with his new chosen weapon he has become. Fear not this weapon though, Qui-gon. For it is a Jedi weapon, and it is likewise weilded by a Jedi. Harm you, he will not, save for your pride." With that Yoda grinned, and took his seat.

Very understandable, Qui-Gon's feelings are.

Great one, Copaize.

8. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Yes, go Anakin go!! :)

*whacks Anakin Skywalker on the head* Bad Anakin. You shouldn't have told him what was coming. He would've gotten more rest. :D

9. GreyJediAntarFodoh

GreyJediAntarFodoh Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2001
    A great post, as always.

10. JediSmuggler

JediSmuggler Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 1999
    This next post ought to be interesting...

11. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    Wow! I just read your fic and it's great!

12. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
    Much like a storm, the saberplay exhibited upon the sparring mats of the Chu'uthors gymnasium was both beautiful, and dangerous, elegant, yet powerful. Anakin was the wind, Obi-wan the lightning, and Qui-gon the thunder.

Anakin's force defense reflexes were on fire. No sooner than he averted danger from one source it apeared from another. He was hard pressed to divide his focus between the two of them. Obi-wan attacked from behind, while Qui-gon confronted him head on. At one point, Anakin was in double jeapordy, blocking Obi-wan's blade would get him skewered by Qui-gon's. His only recourse was to force jump, up and over Obi-wan. Everyone watching gasped. He then had a brief respite, in that he only had one opponent to contend with, since Obi-wan was place squarely between the Qui-gon and Anakin. The aged, long haired Master tried to flank them, and come at Ankain's back as Obi-wan had done. Anakin however felt he needed more time to recover his streangth, and straffed sidways to keep Qui-gon's line of attack blocked by Obi-wan.

Obi-wan did not like the idea of being used as a sheild however, and displayed a graceful flip which carried him over and behind Anakin. Great, Anakin thought, now where right back to where we started.

Obi-wan swung low as if to cut Anakin's legs from under him. Sensing the strike, the younger Jedi lept clear of the sweep, and in a moment of inspiration kicked Obi-wan away while still in the air. Obi-wan fell to is back several feet away, leaving Qui-gon to handle Anakin alone.

And so it went, for what seemed like hours. Leap, strike, evade, parry, counter strike, a dizzining display of speed and skill. Whenever Anakin grew weary of facing both Jedi at once, he would devise a way to get one out of the way long enough to regain his focus. It was a complicated exchange. It was difficult for anyone watching to guess the outcome, but they were all rivited by the energy of the battle.

Obi-wan and Qui-gon both swung low at once, to take out a leg each, Anakin however, jumped into the air as time seemed to slow down. Both Jedi moved toward him in at one quarter normal speed as their blades arced slowly beneath his feet. As the both elder Jedi came with in range, Anakin preformed a mid-air split kick, which sent both opponents sprawling to either side of the sparring mat. Time seemed to resume it's normal flow as he landed. He glanced to both his left and his right, and prepared to face them again...

... That's when they all heard the scream. A wave of terror, and panick rippled toward them from the ocean of the Force.

Yoda focused his mind upon it. All the jedi sank into a meditative state which put them in greater contact with the life energy upon which they thrived. They each sought the source of the panic. Yoda was the first to speak.

"The Witches of Dathomir, in great peril they are."

"I thought they might all have been captured, or killed outright when the Vong took over this world." young Anakin wondered aloud through ragged breath.

"Apparently, at the first sign of invasion all the witch clans banded together and went into hiding in a network of caverns on the opposite side of the planet." Mace surmised.

"Not all clans there are," Yoda continued. "Taken were some, killed were others, and the Nightsisters, I sense not."

"A Vong expedition force, has just discovered the entrance to their caves," Obi-wan observed through his senses. "there being led by a ... What in the blazes is that?!"

"It's a Voxyn," Anakin replied cooly "One of the last. The Vong created them to be Jedi Hunters, using the vornsks of Myrkr as a basis of their design. They hunt with the Force, just like the vornsks do. The Vong used them to track down and kill Force users. That's how they found the Witches."

"Help them we must." Yoda's face turned grim. It was not part of the plan to engage the enemy so soon. The enemy was not to know of their presence yet, but a call for help could not be ignored, no matter what the cost. "Follow me." Yoda spun fluidly on his heal, and moved briskley

13. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Most excellent post, Copazie!! :D

14. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    Great post! I liked the lightsaber fight/practice! Well done.

15. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Oooo nice fight scene! :)

Starfighters! Yeah!! Let's go! :)

Great post!

16. jedi_enigma

jedi_enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2002
    Sorry I dropped out for a while! [face_blush] But what a great thing to come back to! Totally awsome fight scene, COPAZIE! :cool: I wonder who would win in a situation like that? :confused: Hmm...something to ponder, but I kinda like not knowing. :)
    Oh no! The YV are attacking the Dathomir Witches! [face_shocked]
    A bunch of Jedi starfighters huh? [face_mischief] Oh BOY this should be FUN! [face_devil]
    Post soon please! [face_love]
    UP!

17. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
  18. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    Very astute. A very nice narative of the fight between the young one and the tag-team.

Oh .... great! Now the young Anakin has a new toy.

"Blast! This is why I hate flying!" Will we by any chance be hearing that line echoed by Ben Kenobi?

19. Katy-Beth

Katy-Beth Jedi Master star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    Is anybody going to yell at Yoda for keeping quiet about the starfighters? More soon please!

20. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    Yay!

I'm new, but this is great!

Please sir, can I have some more?

21. amt55

amt55 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    This story is great. I just got caught up on the whole story. When you said that they got to pick how old they appeared when they returned to life, you left out Qui-Gon. So howw old is Qui-Gon supposed to look?
    More soon, please.

22. jedi_enigma

jedi_enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2002
  23. amt55

amt55 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 7, 2002
  24. GreyJediAntarFodoh

GreyJediAntarFodoh Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2001
    For the love of the Force, please post more soon!!!

I over-reacted again, didn't I? Sorry.. Can you blame me though?

UP!

25. Bror_Jace

Bror_Jace Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2002
    More we need!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.