main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WHEN THE LEGENDS RETURN (Updated Aug, 22 2002)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by COPAZIE, Nov 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Two good posts and I missed them!

I follow / read so much fanfic its hard to keep track of it all!

2. GreyJediAntarFodoh

GreyJediAntarFodoh Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2001
    Not me. I'm only reading this one and have been since the very begining! I'm seeing this one to the end!

Keep up the good work, Copazie! I know I'm not the only dedicated fan here!

3. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    ...More?

4. Falls_the_Shadow

Falls_the_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    Hello, Copazie, just reading this for the first time.

"In [Mace's] experience, outrageous runs of good fortune were almost immediately followed by infinite trouble."

As true on Earth as it is in GFFA. [face_laugh]

I like that last post, too. Please post soon. I am bookmarking this one.

5. jedi_enigma

jedi_enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2002
    Postie soon? ::Gets big puppy eyes.:: Pweese?
    UP!

6. COPAZIE

COPAZIE Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2000
    It wasn't exactly a Delta 7, Obi-wan thought inwardly. Predating the Clone Wars by about Three Hundred and fifty years, these could probbably be Beta 2s. Sleek yet stern looking, elegant but efficient, this was every bit a Jedi Starfighter. It wouldn't be much in a dogfight, at least not in modern warfare, but in the hands of a Jedi it could be a very dangerous weapon nevertheless. Kenobi went through all the standard preflight preparations, as did the rest of the Jedi, while mentally reveiwing all of his previous arial-combat experiences.

Anakin Solo was at a loss. He had never seen spacecraft like these before. He quickly made a list of mental notes based on his observations. The four hundred year old starfighter that stood before him was one of the most beautiful vessels he had ever seen. He knew its aerodynamic profile would cut through the air like a vibro-blade, and it would be highly manuverable. On the downside it's engines, sheilds and weapons were four hundred years out of date, making it much slower and weaker than anything they were about to face.

He thought he should be mad that Master Yoda had failed to mention this little chamber of secrets during all their mission planing meetings. He realized however that these ships would do little good other than to this immediate need. They could get to the opposite side of the planet fasr enough, but these ships had no hyperdrives. Much like tie fighters they were dependant on their capital ship to bring them into battle. Anakin pondered a variety of other senarios as he prepped his ship, but in the end each was stricken down by his own logic.

"Troubling you, something is?" Yoda inquired friendly as he looked after his own craft. Anakin noted that it was a beautiful design even among it's peers.

"No Master Yoda, just a little overwhelmed by all this, but I'm thinking it through."

Yoda smirked, the boy was learning. A week ago he would have been outraged that he was not informed about this hangar sooner. He decided then to alter the course of the conversation.
    "Like this ship, you do?" You gestured to his personal starfighter.

"I've never seen anything like it." Anakin replied honestly.

"A rare bird, this is. Only two there are, in existence. This one, and her sister ship. Built for me, they both were, by the people of my homeworld."

"What world might that be?" Anakin ventured.

"Telling that would be, Padawan."

"Padawhat?" Anakin had been called that before, but he still had no idea what it meant. Yoda said nothing. Crypticly displaying a crooked grin that, for some reason, made Anakin think of his father.

"Well... what happened to the other ship, then?"

Yoda's face turned grim again, as if traveling through a dark memory. "Hidden... Buried beneath what remains of my home on Dagobah. Kept it there I did, in case my location discovered was." As he said this he unconciously turned toward Anakin Skywlker, who quickly turned his head back to his duties. "When at it's fiercest, the Emperor's Purge was... shuttled I did the Galaxy's last, new hope to that swampy world. Joined I was later, by Windu, and Kenobi. To both of them, trust for a child was given. To Tattoine, Kenobi took your Uncle. To Alderan, Windu carried your mother. Each was trusted to guard their charges from a distance. As grew into a man your Uncle Luke did, Kenobi watched. Windu however not as fortunate ... while young your mother still was, discovered and killed by a Bounty Hunter was he."

"Fett." Young Solo said with certainty.

All Yoda did was nod. "Remained safe your mother did, for kept was her secret, even from her..."

Not long after the conversation was over, eight craft were ready for combat, as were their pilots. The blast sheild doors slowly creaked open to reveal the stary nighttime sky of Dathomir. It was dawn on the other side of the planet. Each Beta 2 Jedi Starfighter steaked into the sky under the cover of darkness and rocketed with all speed across the wastlands of Witches' world.

7. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Great post, Copazie! :D

8. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Who cares how old they are? As long as they get the Jedi to the place they're needed at. And hope they don't need ships.

9. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
  10. amt55

amt55 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    That was great. But how did 9 of them leave?
    More soon please.

11. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
    Ok here's the official explanation:

At three in the morning... I can't count.

:p

12. GreyJediAntarFodoh

Oct 3, 2001
    Vuunderbar! Great post. Though short, it said a lot. As always, I'm eager for more.

13. jedi_enigma

jedi_enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2002
    ^"Padawhat?" Anakin had been called that before, but he still had no idea what it meant. Yoda said nothing. Crypticly displaying a crooked grin that, for some reason, made Anakin think of his father.^
    Heehee! :D I like Yoda's know something you don't know attitude!
    Great post COPAZIE!

14. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    Wow! Excellent post!

15. amt55

amt55 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    UP!
    Is more coming soon? Please!!!????

16. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
  17. GreyJediAntarFodoh

Oct 3, 2001
    UP! I hope there's more soon.

18. jedi_nayru

jedi_nayru Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    Great story!

Up!

19. amt55

amt55 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 7, 2002
  20. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    oops, I missed the last post.......good post!

oh where did our author go?

21. GreyJediAntarFodoh

Oct 3, 2001
    I really hope there's more soon! I love this story, but it's been so long since the last post that much of the story is getting fuzzy in my memory.

22. Bror_Jace

Bror_Jace Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2002
    Are we going to hear the end? It's nearing two months!

23. GreyJediAntarFodoh

Oct 3, 2001
    I'm bumping this again in hopes that it might attract new readers by being on the elusive page one of the Fanfic forum for all of 5 minutes again.

Trust me, you never really understand how busy the Fanfic forum is untill you go to other forums for a long time! my thread was on page one of the RPF for weeks! This forum's crazy-insane-busy!

24. JediSmuggler

JediSmuggler Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 1999
    *Slides the story up*

25. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.