main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WHEN THE LEGENDS RETURN (Updated Aug, 22 2002)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by COPAZIE, Nov 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COPAZIE

COPAZIE Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2000
    The high council chamber was dimly lit in the early morning hours. Once all the masters were inside the lights brightened slowly, to give everyones eyes time to adjust. Everyones attention was focused on master Yoda.

"A grave time, upon us has come. Tonight another world destroyed..."

Mace Windu continued for him "After the fall of Coruscant the Vong tactics are becoming even more brutal.

It was a small planet, sparsely populated. And rarely known, it's not even on any survey charts. It's inhabitants were primitive, only a little more advanced tecnologically than the Ewoks. No space crafts, no shields, no laser defenses. They were clearly no threat to the Vong. However when the Vong envaded, the native people resisted.

In retaliation the Vong destroyed there planet, the same way they destroyed Serpindal. It didn't matter to the Vong that these people had no way to escape the planet. Had no way to defend themselves against thier invaders cruelty. There helplessness only made the Vong act more viciously."

Yoda resumed, "With the destruction of this world, our connection to the Force weakened again. It is now certain that the vision we had upon Anakin Solo's arrival, is now comming to pass. Unless the Vong are defeated, and life has been restored to the many worlds in their possesion... the Force will die."

A wave of fearful murmmurs rippled through the chamber and into the streets beyond. Afterward the chamber fell into an awkward silence. Anakin Solo couldn't take anymore. He couldn't take anymore death, and destruction. He couldn't take anymore defeats. He couldn't take anymore of the Yuhzan Vong winning. He couldn't take anymore sitting around and letting things happen. He couldn't take anymore of this silence. He stood up.

"We have to do something."

It was the first time he had spoken since entering the chamber. His voice was carried well by the large stone building.

"Like what?" asked Windu patiently.

"I... I don't know. It just doesn't feel right, just sitting here. Just watching and waiting. Not being able to help the ones we love. I mean... we are Jedi!"

This time it was Qui-gon Jin who responded. "Yes, we are Jedi... and part of being a Jedi is accepting things that we cannot change."

"There has to be something that we can do." Anakin sat down, dejected. "We owe it to the Force."

That caught everyone by suprise. It wasn't something they expected young Anakin Solo to say.

Yoda leaned forward, "Explain, please."

Anakin took a deep breath, and rose again. He walked to the center of the chamber and began.

"As Jedi, we have drawn so much from the Force... It has given us guidance. It has warned us of danger. It has given us the ability to do things that know one else can. We use these abilities to protect the living beings of our Galaxy. The Force is sustained by those living things. We form a symbiote circle..."

Obi-wan looked at Yoda, who's eyes went wide at the mention of the symbiote circle.. It was a concept that had taken Yoda many years to fully understand. He had passed that understanding on to many of his students, including Obi-wan. This young man however, seemed to have figured it out on his own.

"As much as we depend on the Force, the Force depends on us, to protect the lives that nourish it. The Force is a true friend, and ally. How can we sit idley by when our friend is in such great danger? For all the Force has given to us, we owe it that much.... We have to do something... For the Sake of the Force."

2. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
  3. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    I like what I'm seeing so far! What premise this story has, please post more. Also, is Padme going to be somehow involved?

Am [face_love]

4. Risste

Risste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Great stuff! More!

5. Enigma_Jade

Enigma_Jade Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    Wow, I'm sorry I didn't find this sooner! This is a great story, and I'm very intrigued!

Keep it up!

EJ

6. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Anakin is surprising Yoda!! Wow!! Post soon!

7. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
    *He is so much like his mother..* Anakin thought as he watched his grandson stir the high council into action. It was a side of him that no one had ever seen, but it was just as much a part of him as saber play, and Force powers. He had inherited, from Leia, the power to move people with words, to lead. Just as Leia inherited that same power from Padme.

Anakin Solo was just as surprised as everyone else. When he was finished, he bowed, in respect to the Masters and sat back down. He exchanged a quick glance with his grandfather, who nodded in approval.

Ki-Adi-Mundi was the first to break the silence that followed. "An impresive point of veiw, young one. Unfortunatley... we are all dead. I doubt that there is anything we can do."

"There is." replied Yoda. He then turned to Yaddle, keeper of historic records, and the most secret of Jedi powers.

"It is my duty," Yaddle spoke "To preserve the ancient knowlege of the Jedi that came before us. There are many Force techniques, that are never taught here at the Temple. Nor are they shared with Masters. This is because these powers have been deemed either too dangerous, or too close to the Darkside to use.

There is one technique, among these, that could be appropriate at this time. With the Force, a few slain Jedi, may return to the universe of the living..."

Everyone in the chamber gasped, everyone except Yaddle, and Yoda, who then began to speak.

"Think I do, that a small number of Jedi here, should return to life and save the Force...."

It was ambitous. Ambitious and dangerous, but this was the most desperate time the Jedi had ever known. Equally desperate measures were appropriate, and there were no other options left.

8. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Yes!! Great post!

9. GreyJediAntarFodoh

GreyJediAntarFodoh Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2001
    SWEEEEET! *ahem* What I meant was, it is a wise plan.

I'm voting to see both Anakins and Obi-Wan all return.

GREAT fic. I can't wait to read more.

10. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    I must say that I agree with Fodoh on a few counts. Those last few posts were amazing in their percieved simplicity, and I too believe that Ben, and Anakin Skywalker should be among those to return. Though I do think that Anakin SOLO should not. Perhaps Yoda, Mace, Qui-Gon, and one Count Dooku should go instead.

11. GreyJediAntarFodoh

Oct 3, 2001
    Orriginally, I thought that Anakin SOLO should not be one to return, but he IS the most familiar with the current situation and state of the galaxy...

12. Koschei80

Koschei80 Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2001
    I agree that Anakin Solo should come back,but what bringing back not only Obi-Wan Kenobi,Qui-Gon Jinn,Yoda,Mace Windu,Anakin Skywalker,BUT Amidala and Chewbacca. Now that would be great.

13. Enigma_Jade

Enigma_Jade Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    Great post, C! I vote for Qui-Gon and both Ani's! And maybe obi. . .

Please post more soon!

EJ

14. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    I take it Anakin Solo, is coming back?

15. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Up, up, up!!!!

16. Labria_uk

Labria_uk Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2000
    please more !!

17. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Up! I wanna see them come back! :)

18. Risste

Risste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2001
    More please!

19. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    I hate begging, but if I must..... Plllleeeeaaassseee post sooonnnn!!

20. Tahiri-Solo

Tahiri-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    up! UUUUUUUUP!!!!!!!

you will post more soon....

21. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
    After the meeting, Yoda and Mace Windu retreated to a smaller council room. There, they worked the rough outlines of a plan. It was ambitious, daring, and dangerous. Naturally, Yoda hated it, but it was all they had. They sought insight and guidance from the Force. The Force was more than willing to help. Between the three of them, the plan took shape, and steadily became more possible.

After their strategies had been decided, the rest of the night was spent in contemplation of who should return to the realm of the living. What team could make this mission a success? Yoda wished he could bring them all back, but he knew that was impossible. Only a handful, ten at the very most. There were so many possibilities. So many great Jedi to choose from.

It was almost dawn when the last of the team had been decided. One the individual members had been notified, they all gathered at the entry cooridoor.

Yoda and Mace were the first ones there, since they had already been awake from the night before. Anakin and Anakin were the next pair to arrive, followed by Obi-Wan and Qui-gon Jin. Nomi Sunrider arrived alone.

"Where is the eighth?" Mace asked.

"Not far, a long way he has had to traveled, but he will be here soon enough."

As they waited for the final member of the team to arrive, Obi-wan took it upon himself to introduce Anakin Solo to Qui-gon Jin and Nomi Sunrider.

At Uncle Luke's academy, he had heard many ballads about the legendary Nomi Sunrider... She was exactly as he had always pictured her. Firey red hair, a commanding presence, strong in the Force, she was lot like Aunt Mara...

"Ah our eighth has arrived.." Mace announced. "Come friend, let us begin."

Anakin saw him in the shadows, at first he didn't recognize him, but his jaw dropped as his shaggy form stepped into the light...

22. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Ooo, I just found this, and it's very cool!!!!! Hurry up with more!!!!! ;) I know who it is! :D

More soon please! :)

23. GreyJediAntarFodoh

Oct 3, 2001
    ACK! How DARE you stop there? *Stamps foot*

I can't wait for more.

24. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Is it.... Post soon!!!!!!!

25. jedi_yoda23

jedi_yoda23 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2000
    This is an awesome idea. Can't wai to see more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.