main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WHEN THE LEGENDS RETURN (Updated Aug, 22 2002)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by COPAZIE, Nov 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COPAZIE

COPAZIE Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2000
    It's official, this thread has just hit one hundred posts!

They don't make them like they used to, Chewie remarked inwardly as he removed the metal plating that covered the control panel. The plating had accumulated over four hundred years worth of dust, however the control panel underneath was surgically clean. It must have had a very good seal. All the knobs, switches, wires, and circiutry were clearly marked. Were it not for the designs, it could be confused for brand new. This was going to make things easier than he'd expected. If only the Falcon could have looked like this.

Memories came in an instant. Memories that took him back to the ship he loved, and sometimes hated. Back to the Captain he loved like a brother. An idle thought occured to him then. Chewie had sworn a life debt to Han Solo, to protect him and his family until the day he died. Chewie had already died saving them once. He wondered if his life debt would be reinstated now that he could live again.

It was a mute point really. Chewie would continue to protect the Solo family whether he was obligated by life debt or not. As he worked on the generator his mind still toyed with the notion however.

Deep down Chewie was torn. He had a wife and son of his own. His wife Malla, and son Lumpy... they meant everything to him. He missed them very much, he rarely had a chance to see them. During Han's smuggling carreer, they occasionally found themselves on Kashyyyk. During the Rebellion, and afterward, they came more frequently. And no matter what, he had never, under any circumstances, missed a Life Day.

Chewie had been given a second chance. He knew that he wanted, and needed to spend more time with his family. The next time he found himself on Kashyyyk he would ask the clan elders to think upon his situation.

His bonds with the Solo family would never be broken. That much was clear. It would be nice though, if he could just go home whenever he wanted.

He pushed all those toughts aside, and refocused on the task before him. It was the moment of truth now, the first of many. To get this craft spaceworthy again would depend on a geat number of things. Restoring power was just the first step, but without it...

Chewbacca flipped a number of preliminary settings switches. He recalibrated a few knobs. He would be starting with a bare minimum of power. It looked to be in good shape, but it was still an old ship, frozen in time for far too long. He didn't dare ask too much of it from the start. Letting it warm up a bit first would ward off an overload. He crossed a pair of furry fingers as he threw the main switch.

After a few seconds he heard a faint hum. His nose picked up the scent of ozone. Those were good signs. The humming grew stronger as he felt a slow vibration underneath him. After thirty seconds the buttons on the panels began to light up dimly at first but then grew brighter, stronger. The generator was warming up well. The light panels high above them began to flicker on. Some shorted out, other busted, but a surprising number remained functional. The lighting was set to 25 percent, however even that was enought to temporarily blind the Wookie, and the Jedi who had been observing far below.

"Check out the big brains on Chewbacca!" Mace called out him. The wookie roared in triumph as the room brightened further in the power room. Light pushed back the darkness, as panels began to activate throughout the ship. Mace laughed as a feeling of awe came over him. Seeing the interior of the Chu'unthor for the first time, he felt as though they had awakened a slumbering giant. A thought then occured to him. This ship had been given a chance to live again, to make a difference again, just like the rest of this team. They were all Pheonixes rising from the ashes reborn, even the ship.

He was elated that the ship had passed it's first hurdle, but the victory was tainted as his thoughts returned to Yoda. Mace reached out through the Force and was relieved to sense that Yoda was still alive. His presence was weak though, and that

2. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
  3. Risste

Risste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2001
    That was great! Keep going!

4. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    I agree! More!

5. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    Wow! Great work, I never even thought about chewie and his life debt.

6. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    You are soooooooo awesome! Not only did you bring back Anakin, you brought back Chewie! I quit reading NJO after Vector Prime because they killed off Chewbacca (I kept up with the storyline by reading spoilers, though). Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you! Chewie is the best! I'm so glad you brought him back! (I know, I'm repeating myself). Please update this soon!

7. Cypher18

Cypher18 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    more soon.

8. Cypher18

Cypher18 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    hello is anyone there

9. jedi_yoda23

jedi_yoda23 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2000
    oh no! another good fic being neglected! more soon?

10. GreyJediAntarFodoh

GreyJediAntarFodoh Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2001
    I haven't posted to this fic in a while, so I just wanna say that I'm still here and reading every word! I can't wait for more, it's a GREAT story!

PS: UP!

11. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    PLEASE:

UP

12. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    Up again!

13. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
    Sorry guys,

I've been quite busy this past week. Job hunting, room painting, graphic making and the like...

I hope to post more soon, so please be patient.

I thank you all for your support, and continued interest. Without it, I think this story would have been abbandoned long ago... like so many others before it.

Sincerly,
    Charlie... I mean Darth Copazie

14. GreyJediAntarFodoh

Oct 3, 2001
    I just wanted to let ya know that I'll be waiting as long as it takes for the fic to continue... You've got me till the end.

PS: UP!

15. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    I second that!

16. JediSmuggler

JediSmuggler Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 1999
    Here is another one who likes this story...

17. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
    Qui-gon emerged from the Med station in time to see light return to his section of the ship. He was tired, the kind of exhaustion that comes from prolonged concentration. He saw he worry in the others eyes, felt their anxiety through the Force. He was met with more concern as he felt Mace and the wookie return. He waited until they rejoined the others to speak.

"Yoda has stablized. He's still unconcious, but Obi-wan is confident he will come out of it."

"What about you Qui-gon?" Mace asked "What do you think?" Qui-gon hoped no one would catch it. He should have known Mace would press the issue. "I still believe it could go either way. Yoda is very weak right now. His hold on life is no longer slipping, but he is still very much near the edge."

"Can you still communicate with him through the Force?" Nomi inquired.

"Barely, he is so far away from us, it's almost like we can't keep his attention. Only time, and continued effort will tell."

"Thank you for all you've done Qui-gon," Mace said gently "and get some rest. I will try to guide him back to us."

As Mace passed to enter the Med, Qui-gon placed a hand on his shoulder, and smirked. "No try not... do.. or do not."

Everyone, with the exeption of Nomi, knew where this was going, and joined in.

"There is no try."

18. GreyJediAntarFodoh

Oct 3, 2001
    "Do or do not... there is no try." that's the first Star Wars quote I ever knew. [face_clown]

Awesome post.

19. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
    His head hurt. Well, his whole body hurt, but it would seem that his head was going for first prize. His eyes opened, then quickly shut again. Though his vision was blurred, the light was bright and brought with it another level of pain to his head. He was dazed, disoriented, he couldn't recall what happened to him. He didn't understand why he felt this way... Maybe he and Mace had gone out drinking?

Despite the discomfort, he was able to focus enough to touch the Force, to get his bearings. It all came back to him quickly, but not quite as quickly as the mudslide that was caused by Force lifting the Chu'unthor. How could he have been so foolish? He should have known that the 10,000 cubic feet of mud that cover the ship was going to go somewhere. Should have told everyone to move back. Everyone! His mindraced, was anyone else hurt in that inccident? or worse? A new sense of regret washed over him. He reached out with the Force, he sought out each member of the team. With a sigh of releif he took comfort in knowing no one was harmed save himself.

He used an old yet effective technique to block the pain. Not entirely, but enough to help him relax, recover. He tried to open his eyes again. Still blurry, and a little painful, but a great improvement over his last attempt. His eyes began to clear. When they finally focused, they fell upon a now very releived Mace Windu.

"How long, asleep have I been?" Yoda asked.

"Three days, Master. three long days."

"Been with me you have, through all this?"

"For the most part, yes, Qui-gon and I took turns keeping watch over you."

"Masterful healer is he. Thank him I must."

"He and Obi-wan, he is even better at it than Qui-gon now."

"With the young form Obi-wan now has, see him as a reckless padawan I sometimes do."

Mace laughed. This was much was true. When there bodies were reformed, they were aged to a point of the owner's choosing. ...

Obi-wan had returned to his prime, to an age when he was not much more than a padawan. Nomi had re-entered at approximately thirty, Mace at forty.

Yoda decided to remain old. He had died on his 900th birthday, and he had no desire to live for 900 more, so at 850, he was still the oldest. Well at least the oldest looking, Nomi really had them all beaten. Anakin Solo, and Chewbacca picked up almost exactly where they left off.

The other Anakin returned to the age he was at the time of his fall. This was his golden opportunity, his second chance. He was going to get it right this time around. He had often wondered what his life would have been like had he never strayed to the darkside. What would the Galaxy be like if it had never known Vader? ...

Yoda's thought returned to the mission.
    "Upset our timetable have I?"

"No, Master, not al all. The Wookie is working wonders with the ship. It's is also in alot better shape than any of us had imagined. The Chu'unthor should be spaceworthy in just a few more days."

"Hehe.. Ahead of schedule then eh? With us the Force is Master Windu." Yoda chuckled, but an ache in his ribs cut it short. "Perhaps rest more should I. Better I will be feeling soon. Wish I do soon to see the ship, and be underway."

"Rest then Master Yoda. The others will be thankful to know you've come to. Sleep well, and I am very glad to have you back with us."
    As Mace left the med center he had a troubling thought. Things are going smoothly, with the exception of Yoda's injury, very smoothly. The ship, which had crashed onto Dathomir and remained dormant for 400 years would be ready to re-enter space in just a few days. In his experience, outrageous runs of good fortune were almost imediatley followed by infinite trouble. The Force was indeed with them, but for how long remained to be seen.

20. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
  21. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    *runs into thread* Hi I'm here! I found it!

*watches as everyone runs out of thread screaming in terror* Oops I did it again.

Good posts. I have decided to delurk.

Now I have to tell Amithyst_Blade about it

*runs out of thread calling for Sey*

22. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    More, more, more!!!!!

23. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
  24. GreyJediAntarFodoh

Oct 3, 2001
    This fic just keeps getting better and better!

UP!

25. roguemage

roguemage Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2000
    Up. Fodoh, you're a cracker!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.