main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WHEN THE LEGENDS RETURN (Updated Aug, 22 2002)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by COPAZIE, Nov 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COPAZIE

COPAZIE Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2000
    "When the Legends Return" now continues...

His dream had been unsettling, they usually were. So when his private com buzzed and awoke him, he was actually grateful. Still he was groggy, and a little annoyed that someone would call him given the hour. It took him a few minutes to get up, his mind willed himself to rise, but the rest of his body rebeled. He managed to raise his torso a good foot off the surface of the bed before gravity drug it back into the soft embrace of the sheets. The com buzzed again. Apparently the caller was as stubborn as his tired body. Whoever it was, they would have to wait. He was retired now, with more important things on his mind than work. Some of his former clients still hadn't grasped that concept. They kept badgering him, offered insane amounts of money to do one more job, but he turned them all down. Every last one. With the Vong turning everything they touched into chaos, the galaxy had just become far too complicated for him to worry about, so he washed his hands of it all.

The door chimed and hissed open... of coarse some complications were more pleasant than others. Light spilt in from the hallway. The silloette of a lean figure paused at the doorway.

"Come in Codo, I'm awake." he said, still prone, and eyes closed.

"The com is buzzin' for you, Dad. Didn't you hear it?"

"Yeah, I heard it son, but I'm ignoring it, that's the beauty of being independant."

"But dad... it's the red one."

His eyes snapped open and was at the com station before his mind could accept what it had heard. The red com was for extremely urgent messages, from very important people, but it didn't make any sense... Everyone who knew that frequency was dead....

His pressed the resond button... "Hullo?"

"Greetings old friend,... "

It couldn't be... no way. He had heard that voice before. But the person it belonged to was long dead.

"It can't be... you're, you're."

"Dead? Well let me just say that the reports of my death... well they were all true... but I'm back.. and I need your help."

He listened to every detail. He couldn't beleive what he was hearing, it stunned, even angered him, but he listened carefully, and somehow it all rang true. When the transmision ended he turned to his son.

"What is it Dad?"

"Pack your things were leaving."

Codo pivoted quickly on his heels and made his way swiftly down the hall.

"Don't forget your armor this time, son." Boba Fett shouted over his shoulder.

"This is going to be interesting." he muttered to himself. "So much for my retirement."

2. Enigma_X

Enigma_X Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2002
    It's Boba- with his own little son! Interesting that Anakin/Vader would call him "an old friend". I always thought interaction between those two was interesting.

3. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    So ... he did retire, ... to Kamino.

4. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    ooo Another great post :D Interesting.. very interesting

5. Jedisusan

Jedisusan Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2001
    this a real good story . are you going to ring luke in the story soon?:)

6. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Yes!!! It back!! I guess the Empire was good for something. :D

7. Hann315

Hann315 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    I cant wait 4 the next post!!

~Luv Hann

8. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    Hurray! TWO posts! Great job.

9. Hann315

Apr 7, 2002
    So whens the next post?

~Luv Hann

10. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
    "Do you really think it was... ya know. Him, dad?" asked Codo as the Slave one slipped through the mottled blue tunnel of hyperspace.

Boba glanced over to his son, who was sitting in the same passenger seat he once occupied long, long ago. He smiled inwardly, though it never made it's way to the surface of his face.

"Well..?"

"I'm not sure, son. He seemed to know all the right information. He could be a clone, with flash memory training. He could be an impostor, with access to some ultra secret archive of imperial intel. or..." Fett hesitated.

"Or he could be your old pal Darth Vad.."

"Anakin Skywalker." Fett corrected. "Anakin was the Jedi that Darth Vader had once been. I served Vader because at the time, our goals were the same. He wanted to destroy the Jedi so that he and his Master could control the Galaxy I wanted to destroy the Jedi because..."

"... because they killed your father.."

"..yeah.."

Silence hung in the cockpit of the Slave One for quite some time to come. That was the great thing about Codo, Boba thought, he knew when to keep quiet.

"What do you think about all this, Codo?"

"Well, I think we should play along, find out as much as we can, and make a decision when our choices are clearer."

"That's what I think too."

"How much longer till we reach the Correlian Run facility?"

"You can make the calculations as well as I can." Boba stated, subtley implying that he wanted his son to work for he answers he sought.

"Looks like we'll be there in five standard hours. Want to play a round of Sabbac to past the time?"

"Sure, kid, why not?"

11. Black_Hole

Dec 27, 2001
    wow, great posts. Glad you took this back up,

12. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Oh, no! Wonder what Boda Fett's going to think when he finds out Mace is alive.

13. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
    "You need to tell him, Anakin.." Mace said.

"I really don't think that's a good idea Master Windu." Skywalker protested, but the look on Mace's face told him their was no room for debate.

"I'm afraid I have to agree with Anakin Master Windu." countered Obi-wan, "if Fett learns that you are alive..."

"Endanger our mission it will." Finished Yoda. "Hmmm a precarious position we are in. True, if imformed of Windu's existence, Fett is, invite a great deal of trouble we do. Abbandon us, he may choose. Inform the Vong of our presence. Seek his revenge twice perhaps." Yoda turned a sidelong glance to Mace, who was not looking forward to another encounter with the Mandalorian bounty hunter.

"Beleive me, Master Yoda. The last thing I want to do is endanger this mission. It just feels to close to a deception. If we are not up front with him now, he will feel like he has been ambushed. His first instinct will be to attack."

"...and you don't want to provoke him into that." responded Obi-wan, "You don't want to be responsible for his death like..."

"Like I was responsible for his father's." Mace said it, for the first time outloud. Guilt ripped at him, the memory of beheading Jango Fett had haunted him all these years. He should have done things differently. All he should have done was disable Jango. He had already disarmed him, he should have stopped there, but he sensed a continued danger and followed through. Perhaps it was that guilt that allowed him to give up so easily when his son Boba came to claim his revenge.

"A strange bond, this is. Pity you feel, for the person who killed you. Your judgement I respect. To invite Boba Fett here, is to invite danger, if not told he is of what to expect."

"HHaaarrghh Aawrrgh, hhaaaaaarrgghh ggrraauwh."

"Chewie says Fett might be to happy to see the two of us either."

"GGrraaawwuwwh HHuurrggghhhggaa HHAArrggHHhaa."

"But Fett has a code of honor that he lives by, and he might set aside his greivances to help us fight our common enemy."

"Boba Fett versus the Vong..." Anakin Skywalker allowed himself a malicious chuckle, "I feel sorry for them already."

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves Anakin. After all, were depending on you to break this news to him gently, so that he might still be willing to help us."

"Sorry Master, I feel sorry for me already."

"That's more like it." Obi-wan said with a grin.

14. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Well, that works. Get Boda mad before he reaches them. Great plan.

I feel sorry for Anakin, too.

15. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    I like how you've brought some of my favorite characters back! I can't wait to find out what happens next :)

16. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    yes and yeah and hurrah!!!! Lots of posts!!!!

Was that Anakin/Vader or Mace that called Fett?

And shouldn't be be like 60+ by now? ;)

17. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
    Anakin Skywalker's figure disolved as the holo transmision came to and end. Boba and Codo both were left staring blankly into the space where the youthful Jedi's image had been. After a few minutes, Boba broke the utter silence.

"Looks like we've got the information we were waiting for."

"So it's decision time then."

"Yup."

"So what do you want to do Dad?"

"I want to kill him again." Boba stated cooly, the rage that was brewing beneath his surface was tangible.

"Why am I not suprised." replied Codo.

"Because you want to kill him too." Boba fixed a gaze onto his son, almost as if he saw right through him.

"... Well yeah." Codo was very much his father's son. They often made the same choices, thought the same toughts, made the same moves. Boba liked to think it was because Codo was a direct clone of himself, just like he was a clone of Jango. Nevertheless, he used Codo as a measuring stick to gauge his own predictabilty.

"But were not going to."

"Were not?" The look on Codo's face was priceless. If he could suprise his son, which was just as good as surprising himself, than he hadn't lost his edge.

"In fact, were actually going to help them."

"Alright, this one I gotta hear."

"Son there's a big difference between doing what you want, and doing what you need. The only way I could have been more satisfied with killing Mace Windu, would have been to bring him back to life and kill him twice. As much as I would love to take this second opportunity for revenge, I realize there are more important things than vengance."

"Example?"

"Freedom." Boba wasn't sure if this message was getting through to Codo, but he trusted his son to come to the right decision on his own. This lecture was more for Boba's benefit, to convince himself that it was in his best intrest to let Windu live this time.

"The Vong are winning this war Codo. Coruscant has fallen, and with every push the Vong control more and more of this galaxy. The New Republic is in a state of chaos and retreat, and the Imperial Remnant simply does not have the rescources to take on the Vong alone. The only force in this galaxy that continues to hold firm against the Vong, are the Jedi, and as much as I hate them, they are this galaxies last hope."

Codo mananged to take this all in while maintaining a good degree of composure. To hear his father speak like that... The situation was dire indeed if Boba Fett, a man who had more reason to hate the Jedi than anyone, would consider siding with them.

The Vong threat had always seemed like a distant conflict. From what he garnered from the news vids and his fathers intel sources it wasn't going well for the New Republic. However, he had never imagined the possibility that the Vong could win. If the Vong swept through this Galaxy unopposed, they would exterminate every sentient who did not embrace their way of life. There wouldn't be a place anywhere in this universe for he and his father to hide....
    Of course, neither he nor his father were really the hiding kind.

Codo was shaken from these disturbing thoughts. An alarm from the Slave 1's nav computer indicated they had reached the end of the Correlian run. The glowing blue tunnel gave way to starlines, and then to stars, as Boba Fett brought his ship out of hyperspace.

18. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
  19. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Great post, Copazie! :D I love how you have Boba thinking it through and reasoning it all out..

20. Black_Hole

Dec 27, 2001
  21. Calen2kk

Calen2kk Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
  22. GreyJediAntarFodoh

GreyJediAntarFodoh Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2001
    I'm SO happy this fic's been continued! Please keep it up, it's great!

23. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Well, I always thought Boda Fett was smart. The Vong are going to be in trouble!!!

24. Hann315

Apr 7, 2002
    Loved 'em!

~Luv Hann

25. Calen2kk

Calen2kk Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    Up! up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.