main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series When the Sith hits the fan

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
  2. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Who can forget the LACWAC separatist crisis

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Gry Sarth I'm honestly more sorry that you're so disappointed with the show than I am that you won't be a mod anymore, but either way I'm really glad you'll be sticking around to chat.

4. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I knew it was all Garth's fault all along. We just needed other folks to confirm it.

Humble_Jedi likes this.
  5. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    GRY FOR MOD '12

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    My fellow LACWACers.
    Thought it was appropriate. Had to abbreviate it a bit.

As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball, but
    tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward, upward not forward,
    and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

Humble_Jedi and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  7. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah, cool title, thanks a lot, guys.

Dark Lord Tarkas, thanks, I guess (or did you mean that you're glad I'm not modding anymore? o_O). Yeah, it's sad to be so disheartened by this show, which have given me such great times. I heard some interviews with Dave Filoni from CV and it's just so clear how baffled and reluctant the entire writing staff was about bringing back Maul. And unlike other surprising Lucas decisions, Dave doesn't even go on to say "Oh, but he proved us wrong", no he just explains how they tried their best to make this awful concept seem as palatable as possible.

Damn, there I went ranting again. See, aren't you glad I'm sticking around to chat like that? :p

Humble_Jedi, just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in! Flattering, but no, thanks.
    But who knows, if the show picks itself up, there's the need and I have the time... who knows what the future may bring?

Inblackestnight and Humble_Jedi like this.
  8. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Aw. :( :p
    I was going to endorse this

9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Sorry, I didn't mean to imply I didn't want you to be a mod! Just that getting disheartened with the show sucks a lot worse than a mod change, especially since you were digging on it that whole time I wasn't.

And I agree with your analysis of the situation completely, even if I'm not disheartened on the show because of it. GL is a mad-quarter-(maybe-eighth)-genius who needs proper guidance and "resurrecting" Darth Maul after already introducing Savage Opress (in the SECRETS REVEALED season) is a perfect example of why he shouldn't be in charge. Just like after ANH he said other people would do the sequels and after TPM the same thing yet the only film he didn't write was ESB, he started TCW saying he'd let other people do it, and now he's fouling it up a bit.

Inblackestnight likes this.
  10. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Yaaay, you're back Gry! [face_party]

The entire writing staff was baffled at bringing back Maul? I guess we weren't the only ones... :eek:
    They should have kept Savage by himself and simply had him go on a revenge spree against Obi-wan for killing his brother. That would have been tons better and he wouldn't feel so redundant now.

Edit: Maybe Maul gets killed by Sids, and Savage is left to wander the galaxy as a loose cannon. He still gets developed separately, and gets to have his own character arc outside of simply being 'Maul's brother.'

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Pretty much, this point is exactly right:

Most of that stuff is on YouTube, just on really long videos sometimes.
    I hadn't even thought of that possibility, that really sounds ideal at this point. Well, if he also renames himself something reasonable, then that would be ideal. :p

12. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    DARTH OPRESSOR

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
  14. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    The politics of failure have failed. It's time to make them work again.

Guys you know I love Gry and all, but it's clear why he stepped down, etc so I think I'll lock this.

Or maybe just sticky it :p

15. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Isn't stickying every thread with more than twelve posts the new policy around here?

jackg1, Humble_Jedi and Drewton like this.
  16. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    WINNING

Coric and Humble_Jedi like this.
  17. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    Thank you president Kang (or was it Kodos who said that?) [face_laugh]

18. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    The sad part is how pointless Savage is as a character now. With Maul back, Savage is just gonna stand in the background looking mean. I thought they were building him up as a replacement, not a sidekick.

19. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I have been saying TCW is well on its way to becoming the definitive story of the Clone Wars, that I don't need or want, and now that has been confirmed...

20. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
  21. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Anakin as a Padawan has been relegated to the first four weeks after Geonosis, when before Anakin was a Padawan for the first two and a half years of the war, so I can't see this working out in a positive manner for the multimedia project.

22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I know all that, I was just trying to figure out how it was relevant to the discussion taking place here.

And on that note... time to lock this. -Sx3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.