main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "When The Tide Comes" (NJO AU, K/J) Chapter 22 up 30 Jan!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dantana Skywalker, Feb 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    djcatib] - *snicker* But it so isssssss.
    mischief

*snort*

(iloveyoureallykjimjustbeingcrack)

:p

AvenKiel - Alright Jaina!! Lay the smackdown! I think I'd be a little upset as well if I were in her situation. At least Kyp was smart enough to (eventually) realize his wrongdoings and apologize.

LOL! Yup.

Elfsheen - LOL Zeth growing overprotective, interesting.

Well, part of it is concern for his brother . . . Zeth wouldn't get the chance to do anything to Kyp if Kyp hurt Jaina, Han would kill him first.

Go Jaina! Girl...uhhh...Jedi Power wink

LOL!

Great post, as usual!

Thanks. :)

Deneveon - And Saber's already claimed Zeth, sorry. wink
    Stang. tongue
    *e-pokes Saber* Care to share? grin

LOL.

I'll just "borrow" him and make me a Zeth clone. Is that okay? mischief

I still got the stuff from when I made a bunch of Kyp clones. ;)

Chocolate-covered Zeths for everyone!

How are those different from Chocolate Kyppies?

cleveland1000 - "Jaina snorted. "What did Dad give you the talk and then ship you off to the academy? I got an abbreviated version at eight, after I witnessed something I shouldn't have, and then the longer one at twelve."
    Too funny. great post as always

Thanks. :)

SaberBlade - ::pokes Den::
    Zeth is MINE!!! I finally got Dana to say I can have him and I'm not letting him go. Bwahahahaha!!

LOL! You guys crack me up!

::ahem::
    And on a related note, I love Zeth, I love Cass, I love Kyp, and I love Jaina -- the characters are nailed down perfectly, the interaction is wonderful, and the dialogue is simply EXCELLENT.

Thanks. :) I really appreciate it.

Something about nothing her father would kill him for (aw, c'mon, Kyp!), "dieded", and pray tell, just what did Jaina see when she was eight?

Um . . . well, it has to do with Han and Leia . . .

Love it love it love it. And now I have to wait a whole day for an update....

LOL.

Edit: And Zeth is so mine.

Yup. :p

Deneveon - angry
    [face_bigpuppydogeyes]Please? Can I borrow him for just a little bit? Aw, come on. PWEASE??? mischief

LOL.

pray tell, just what did Jaina see when she was eight?
    I bet I have a pretty good idea. grin

Yeha, and your idea's probably correct. :p

Also impatiently awaiting the next post,

Heh. Well, wait no longer, 'cause here it is.

Ars_longa - WOW, what a nice chapter.

Thank you. :)

I'd like to see Kyp explaining about birds and bees to Cass. happy Should be entertaining. And Jaina's outburst is perfect. And as unbeckoming as it was for Kyp to abandon his newborn daughter and take off I, personally, can understand it fully. Withdrawing isn't the best responce to trauma, but it's the only one that works with some people...

well, the poor guy was madly in love with Cassia, and he lost her in a pretty traumatic way. That will be mentioned in the upcoming chapters, as well.

Not very glamourous of him, but, what's done is done, time to move on.

Next chapter up in a just a minute.

Dana

2. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I love being on a roll. :D

[b]--Chapter Twenty-One--[/b]

Heart pounding, Kyp woke with a jerk, his hand gripping his pillow so tightly, his knuckles were white.

He couldn't remember the dream, but that wasn't his immediate concern as he looked around his darkened bedroom. Jaina, whom he had gone to sleep holding, was not in the room.

He swung his legs out of bed, remembering when he'd searched in a panic for Cass. He walked across the living area to his daughter's room, but Jaina wasn't there. Striding over to her room, he palmed open the door, and relaxed when he found Jaina curled up on her bed, covered in his cloak. A small glowlamp burned on her nightstand; she hadn't been able to sleep with the light off since Nirauan.

Kyp hesitated a moment, then eased into bed beside her, pulling her close. Jaina snuggled against him, then stiffened and rolled over to look at him.

"I woke and you were gone. You okay?"

Jaina closed her eyes and sighed. "I can't sleep in there, Kyp. It was where you and . . . she slept."

"Jay, it's been three years-"

"It doesn't matter." She sat up, turned away from him. "Do you know how many nights I'd lie here, unable to block out the sounds of you making love to her?"

Horrified, Kyp sat up. He had no idea what to say.

"I wanted it to be me," she whispered. "I desperately wanted to be the one you kissed, the one touched."

Blushing, she added. "I wanted . . . to be the one who made you say those things."

Kyp shoved a hand through his rumpled, dark hair. "I had no idea."

"Obviously."

He reached out, touched her shoulder. Jaina pulled away, turned back to look at him.

"Lying in your bed . . . I felt like a replacement."

"Don't ever think that." Kyp pulled her to him and rolled her onto her back. He stroked her cheek, then her shoulder. "You are not a replacement."

Touching her lips with his fingertips, he said, "She never slept in that bed. I had it replaced when I came back because I couldn't sleep in it. She's only memory to me, Jaina, but if this room makes you feel more comfortable, that's okay."

Kyp lowered his head and pressed his lips to hers, gently at first, then with increasing urgency. Jaina shifted, sighing, opening her mouth to him. He plundered with lips and tongue with single-minded purpose. She moaned and shivered beneath him.

His hand moved to her shoulder, covered only by the strap of her nightgown. He hesitated, pausing in his kiss, as he slipped one finger under the strap. Then he groaned and kissed her harder, sliding the strap over her skin.

Jaina, oblivious, threaded her fingers through his hair. She wondered if he wanted her as much as she wanted him.

Kyp's hand moved lower, the callused surfaces of his fingers rasping over the pale blue fabric of her gown. He kissed her shoulder.

Her eyes flew open. "What are you doing?"

His pupils were dilated so far that there was no green visible in his eyes. "You said you wanted to be the one I made love to," he breathed. "What do you [i]think[/i] I'm doing?"

Her heart, which was already quickened from the kiss, thudded heavily. She gulped, staring up at him, excited, but terrified.

"You're my apprentice for two more days. Let me be the master a little longer . . . and teach you . . . just how much I *want* to be here."

Jaina hesitated for several moments, teetering on the brink. Then she sighed and wrapped her arms around his bare back. Pausing with her lips just brushing his, she whispered, "Teach me."

----------

"Mommy! Mommy!"

Jaina groaned and burrowed closer to Kyp, tightening her arms around his torso.

Small hands grabbed her arm, shaking her. "Mooommmyyyy!"

Jaina opened her eyes and sat up, clutching the sheet to herself. "What is it, Cass?"

"I had a accident," the little girl said. "Inna kitchen."

She sighed. "Okay. Go wait outside, Mommy needs to get dressed."

"'Kay."

Cass, still in her nightclothes, scampered out. Jaina ran her hand over her thoroughly mussed hair, then looked at Kyp, who was still sound asleep, l

3. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Hey....why is it that every time I've logged on in the past couple of days there's been a post? :D

Anyway...whee!

"It doesn't matter." She sat up, turned away from him. "Do you know how many nights I'd lie here, unable to block out the sounds of you making love to her?"

*shudder* Ouch.

His pupils were dilated so far that there was no green visible in his eyes. "You said you wanted to be the one I made love to," he breathed. "What do you think I'm doing?"

Her heart, which was already quickened from the kiss, thudded heavily. She gulped, staring up at him, excited, but terrified.

"You're my apprentice for two more days. Let me be the master a little longer . . . and teach you . . . just how much I *want* to be here."

Um...Um...[face_love] Thank you!

"I seem to make a habit of interrupting," Zeth's voice drawled. "And the view gets more and more interesting every time I do."

[face_laugh] I like him.

Oh, I really hope Cass wins! [face_praying]

Happy New year, I hope it's been a happy one for everybody. :D

4. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    You gotta love Zeth and his interruptions . . . though, I'm certain he could have made a worse one ;)

So Baron Fel is alive (or his clone is), how interesting . . . how interesting indeed.

Just when we thought things were getting calm again . . . (well, never really thought that, but you know ;) )

Interesting *strokes chin* interesting indeed . . .

~Abby~

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    *snrk* over and over and over again.

Some great moments, including the "got my pants" one. I wasn't sure if that was a relief or something she had hoped he'd lost...

Zeth...nosy brat, never knocks. He and Danni need to get it on, seriously, so he has somewhere to go other than his little brother's apartment.

Cassia, too cute for words.

6. JayaMioneDurron

JayaMioneDurron Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    what do you mean better late then never i only got the RofK extended edition a few weeks ago. and i have now finished all 6 apendicies as well as watch all there movies (in a row without stopping, mostly) with cast comentary, bythemselves and half way through director. i'm very proud of my self.

and disturbed Vigo/Billy is jusy so wrong!

7. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    But you have to admit that it was funny. :p

8. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    LOL! I love the way Cass talks. One of the kids down the street from me always used to add an extra -ed or -es onto all of his verbs, and it was really cute.

And yay for Kyp and Jaina!! Man, Jaina had some issues when Kyp was married, didn't she. Shouldn't Cassia have thought about that, being the know-it-all (and I mean that in the best possible way) that she was? ;)

And Zeth is hot. And mine. And life is very, very good.

Happy New Year, everyone!!

-Saber

9. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    I was grinning stupidly through all this chapter. :) Now I just want to see Han and Leia reaction... and by the way, where are Jacen and Anakin? Or did I forgot something? Zeth... so nice to see him, even when he's interrupting.

And clever me :) I thought all this situation has to have something with cloning... but I thought Jag was a clone. I completely forgot this bit about Soontir's clones. :(

10. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Stang, I didn?t get to this post earlier than I did because I was napping. [face_plain] *grumbles* But anyway?

Poor Jaina, having to go through all that stuff when Kyp was married. But that?s okay now, since?

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

*melts*

"I seem to make a habit of interrupting," Zeth's voice drawled. "And the view gets more and more interesting every time I do."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Zeth is so freaking awesome! I heart Zeth. [face_love]

I hope the view doesn?t get that much more interesting the next time he decides to interrupt, though. :p

Since you?re in the mood for making clones, Dana, would you mind sneaking me a Zeth one? You know, when *cough*Saberisn?tlooking*cough*?

:D

"Yeah, well, Daddy was tired."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

This line made me laugh so hard. It?s just chock full of double meaning. Brilliant, I tell you. Brilliant.

Cute scene at the end, too. Such a wonderful family. :D I really, really, really like how you write this. It's such a touchy subject--single parenthood, step-parenting (kind of, though not really in Jaina's case, but close enough), moving on to a new love, &c. &c. You've handled it quite excellently, I think.

Yeah, I know, long post. :p But hey, I love this story. And ?sides, it?s New Year?s Eve, and I?m in a festive mood.

EDIT: Happy New Year, everyone! *hands out sparklers and party hats and apple cider*

Den

EDIT #2: Chocolate covered Zeths for everyone! (Well, if you like really older men, then Zeth?s that much different from Kyp. :p )

11. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Chocolate Kyppies!

VERY hot at the beginning... OMG, it would be SO weird to be lying there and listening to...ick....

Some sweet mush, I'm gonna kill the Baron(s) Fel, Zeth is WAAY too perceptive....

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

12. cleveland1000

cleveland1000 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 15, 2004
    guess Kyp just proved he's the master huh? LOL

13. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Chapter Twenty
    Liked the idea that Mommy and Daddy kissing is as ?ewww? as vegetables. Poor Kyp though, first he gets the kiss interrupted and then he is reminded that some day he will have to give ?the talk? to his darling innocent little girl.

Liked Cass?s idea of place settings.

Glad that Kyp is feeling at peace with his relationship with Jaina.

Felt sorry for Kyp in first getting Jaina pointing out just how much she had done and then when he tried to apologise for her having had to do all this he simply set off another semi-rant. He deserved to have this pointed out to him, and he needed to know Jaina?s feelings, but it was rather an intense conversation to stumble into unexpectedly.

Good for Zeth, though Kyp is probably more worried about what Han would do to him once Zeth finished.

Chapter Twenty-One
    I feel sorrier for Jaina having the memories reawoken of her jealously of Kyp and Cassia, and the feelings of being a mere replacement sleeping in that room gave her but I do feel sorry for Kyp as well. He tried to make things better by inviting her to sleep in that room to prevent the nightmares but he ended up making things worse, just as during the previous day he?d tried to make things better by apologising but had only made things worse.

Plus there is the fact that now he knows that whenever he was giving his wife pleasure in that room he was causing his apprentice pain.

Hopefully they will remember to get some better soundproofing though as neither of them would want Cass to hear.

Glad that Cass only spilt some things, and that she was more concerned with mommy clearing it up than asking about what mommy and daddy had been doing.

Liked Jaina?s fugue state and satisfied grin, and Zeth pointing out what the life expectancy of people who do that with Han Solo?s little girl might be.

Intriguing about the extra Baron Fel(s).

Glad again that Cass broke up the serious talking by needing to be tickled without mercy.

14. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    *sigh* wow that was a great post. Jaina being honest about her desires and memories (I think I'd have blocked them out, because I wouldn't want to remember hearing my "love" with someone else) *shudders*

Zeth keeps popping up at inoppertune times ;) Wonder if its on purpose LOL Nice that he's protective of Jaina though :)

Cassie is just so cute and keeps getting cuter!

Can't wait for the next chapter to see what happens with the nightmares, the barron and our Fav. couple! :D [face_love] [face_love]

~Goddess Jaina~

15. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Heh this makes my day! That was a very sweet post.

Ah more mystery is always good. I wonder what's going on in your mind ;)

16. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004

*pats JMD on the head*

Anyway.

"We have to change the door combination," Kyp said, not even trying to keep his voice down.

I love him. Zeth. He rocks. <3 Saber? Can I borrow him?

Zeth raised one brow in a distintive Durron expression. "I completely do not believe you. You'd better hope Han doesn't find out about this, because he will kill you."

Repeat above statement, kthx.

Awesome. <3

17. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Wow...very hot post there...*fans self.* Loved the chapters before it as well, Zeth keeping on interrupting and thinking the view got more interesting each time... Cassia's adorable, really liked how Jaina let Kyp know, in no uncertain terms, that she was her daughter in everything but blood. Excellent. :)

18. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    awwwwwww and oh thats not good can't wait for more

19. leandrastar2000

leandrastar2000 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2004
    Okay, just got caught up on this story, sorry for taking so long.

I just read chapters 18-21 and I wrote down my thoughts as I read each chapter and now I'm going to recount them to you as they came to me.

Loved the way you had Jaina and Kyp working so well together to escape from their captors and that scene in Kyp's quarters on "The Avenger" was so sweet.

What a wonderful reunion for Kyp and Jaina with their families. Cass is such a sweet little girl, I love her.

Oh my what a fire is burning between our favorite couple. If that fire keeps burning so hot, Cass may have a little brother or sister before very long.

Oh what a curious little girl Cass is, reminds me of "Mommy". I love how Kyp distracted her from her questions by tickling her, only to have her repeat her questions in the kitchen. Persistant little munchkin.

Phew, Jaina needed to let all of that pent up emotion over having to take care of Cass while Kyp was off Force knew where.

Zeth sure has bad timing, but I love him anyway. I think though, if I had been Kyp, I would have thrown something at him in that moment.

Okay, like I said before, what a fire is burning between our favorite couple in this story. I don't blame Jaina for feeling awkward in the room Kyp shared with Cassia. Poor thing having to hear them making love. You would think that two experienced Jedi such as Kpy and Cassia would have thought about that possibility and done something about it.

No matter how much we all love Kyp and Jaina together, in this story, we have to remember that Jaina is still young and will need more reassurance than an older, more experienced woman.

Oh, that Zeth, could he be any more annoying at the moment. He needs to get a "life" so he can stop interrupting those lovely moments between his brother and Jaina. "What did you do to her?" indeed. Okay Kyp, if you don't throw something at him, please let me do for you.

Now that I have said my peace on all the story points in these four wonderful chapters, let me say how absolutely fantastic this story is. I love this concept and I love the characterization. I can't wait for the next chapter, so please post soon.

I know this post was a little long, but man was there a lot of good stuff in those chapters.

MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE!

:D :D :D :D :D

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

20. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    i just LOVED these posts!!!!

Zeth picked up his cloak. "Just came for this. We meeting for lightsaber practice tomorrow?"

Kyp nodded. "Sure."

"Wizard." Zeth grinned. "Have fun with the apprentice."
    LMFAO!!!!!!!

And Zeth sure does have bad timing!

21. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    flowerbee - Hey....why is it that every time I've logged on in the past couple of days there's been a post? grin

'Cause I've been working on this story the past couple days. :)

Anyway...whee!
    *shudder* Ouch.

Yeah.

Um...Um... love Thank you!

LOL! Well, I had to figure out a way to express what they were doing, and to establish that they hadn't already (ending of chapter 20 might have given that impression), without going over the PG rating on the boards.

laugh I like him.

He's not even in this very much! How is it that everyone likes him so much?

Oh, I really hope Cass wins! praying

LOL! Well, they might let her win. ;)

Happy New year, I hope it's been a happy one for everybody. grin

Thanks, same to you. :)

Abby - You gotta love Zeth and his interruptions . . . though, I'm certain he could have made a worse one wink

Well, I think he's definitely gonna be smart enough to, y'know, not go into their quarters in the middle of the night and into their room.

So Baron Fel is alive (or his clone is), how interesting . . . how interesting indeed.

Well, someone is alive.

Just when we thought things were getting calm again . . . (well, never really thought that, but you know wink )

Well, they can't ever be completely calm, the story would get off-track. ;)

Interesting *strokes chin* interesting indeed . . .

Heh heh heh. Aren't AU 'fics fun? Speaking of which, I want more "A Twist Of Fate"!

DarthIshtar - *snrk* over and over and over again.
    Some great moments, including the "got my pants" one. I wasn't sure if that was a relief or something she had hoped he'd lost...

LOL! I dunno, Kyp took over and wrote that one for me. :p

Zeth...nosy brat, never knocks. He and Danni need to get it on, seriously, so he has somewhere to go other than his little brother's apartment.

LOL! Well, I'm not sure it'll be Zeth/Danni in this, as Zeth is only interested in the package, not the contents. ;)

Cassia, too cute for words.

Well, we haven't seen the tantrum side yet. 'Cause, knowing she's Kyp's daughter, she's gotta throw some doozies. :p

JayaMioneDurron - what do you mean better late then never i only got the RofK extended edition a few weeks ago. and i have now finished all 6 apendicies as well as watch all there movies (in a row without stopping, mostly) with cast comentary, bythemselves and half way through director. i'm very proud of my self.

Wow. I haven't got through the ROTK appendices yet. Just the movie and half of the cast commentary.

Yes. Definitely. Viggo is a very . . . odd person.

flowerbee - But you have to admit that it was funny. tongue

Of course it was. :p But still disturbing.

SaberBlade - LOL! I love the way Cass talks. One of the kids down the street from me always used to add an extra -ed or -es onto all of his verbs, and it was really cute.

Well, she doesn't do it with everything, just some stuff. And she's still not always speaking in complete sentences.

And yay for Kyp and Jaina!! Man, Jaina had some issues when Kyp was married, didn't she. Shouldn't Cassia have thought about that, being the know-it-all (and I mean that in the best possible way) that she was? wink

Well, I established that Kyp didn't know . . . ;)

And Zeth is hot. And mine. And life is very, very good.

LOL!

Happy New Year, everyone!!

Same, Happy New Year. :)

Ars_lo

22. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    It was disturbing. All of the LotR cast are slightly off their rockers.

23. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    *pats JMD on the head*

Yup. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I wasn't agreeing, I was humouring JMD. :p

I so need the EEs. . .in fact, I so need the LotR movies on DVD, period. I think we have the regular version of RotK. . . *not sure*

24. LadyAngelic

LadyAngelic Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2004
    Once again..an AWSOME post. :D

25. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Old cold Csilla was a planet

(e-i-e-i-o)

And on that planet was a baron

(e-i-e-i-o)

With a Fel Fel here and a Fel Fel there