main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When was the first appearance of the Rebel Logo?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Thespian6969, Sep 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thespian6969

Thespian6969 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2005
    I have done a few searches and cannot seem to find an obviously named thread, so does anyone have an idea when the Rebel Logo/Insignia first showed up on the ships/helments of the early rebellion? If there are 20 years (or so) between Ep. III and Ep. IV, the Rebel fleet must have started to form sometime within that period.

If anyone has an idea or can point to something published concerning the date when the logo was put into service, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
    (feel free to PM me if this thread isn't worth dragging out)

EDIT: I adjusted the subject line to clarify my request for help.

2. Thespian6969

Sep 13, 2005
    So, I am guessing, NO ONE has an idea on this?

3. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Probably about two to five years before Yavin

4. Jedi_AnakinSolo

Jedi_AnakinSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2005
    no sure but i think you can cheack in the comics i am sure they will have it there

5. Thespian6969

Sep 13, 2005
    Any help or even an educated guess would be great! Not that I think a detail like this will make or break a fan film (quite the contrary, too many other things will like break it before someone gets down to dogging the logo!) but I figured it's better to ask the experts first.

Thanks for any help or insight you might be able to provide. I definitely appreciate it!

A.

6. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Well, apparently the Rebel insignia is actually a phoenix. Which means it's symbollic of it rising from the ashes of the old republic. Which to me, suggests that it was created within a couple years of the Empire taking over. The rebellion started rather quickly, but it wasn't organized, it was a bunch of resistance cells, which eventually formed into the Alliance. So probably one of those groups created it, and again, I'd say maybe 17-18 years pre-Yavin.

7. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    It was supposed to be similar to the Old Republic symbol, but the PT changed that.

Still, it is partially based on the symbol that is on the Katana Fleet. Possibly with parts of the Jedi symbol (aka the Legacy of the Force symbol) thrown in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.