main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga When We Were Lovers - Padme Falls, AU, ROTS, Anakin/Dark Padme, Romance, Action, Angst *COMPLETED*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Anakin_Heartbreaker, Nov 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Maeyane

Jedi_Maeyane Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    Oh man...you gakked Padme. I thought that might be coming but I'm still bummed out.
    Nice touch bringing Sabe back into the twins' lives though.

Poor Anakin...maybe he could go kick Palpy's corpse around a bit to take the sting away.

I'm very glad to hear you've got a few more posts left. Can't wait to see how you finish it.

Thanks for the PM.

2. Darth_Vastor

Darth_Vastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2005
    :eek: ... =D= ... Wow.

I don't think I've ever experienced such an abrupt shift in emotion while reading a chapter before. One second, Anakin had gotten through to Padme, rejoined with his wife and children in a bond of unbreakable love, and utterly savaged Sidious. All was right with the galaxy. Then the next instant, Padme's incredible guilt compells her to take her own life. I could literally feel the euphoria tear its way out of me as soon as it had come. Talk about a wild swing!

I suppose I always suspected something like this would happen. You hadn't guaranteed us a happy ending for this story, and as soon as Padme went on her rampage, destroying her parents and her friends, I knew she was going to have to deal with some unbelievable guilt when she was eventually redeemed. I couldn't really visualize anyway that even Anakin was going to help her find peace, but I held out hope that you would find a way. Oh well. This is probably the correct decision for this story.

I apologize for not responding to the last post, but both of these installments were truly epic. I am confident that despite what happened to Padme, you will find a way to give this phenomenal story an equally phenomenal ending, as only you can.

3. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    :eek:

That is all.

4. Galactic_Girl

Galactic_Girl Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

NO! NO! NO! Padme did not just do that! :eek:

[face_worried] [face_worried] :_| :_|

Now that's what I call a Climax! =D= Bravo!

5. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Hi everyone - About killing Padme off, I will talk about it when I share my thoughts on the entire fic, after the epilogue. Alot of you already know the reasons, but I will talk about them in the next post. Sorry for not doing replies, DRL is crazy!!!!!

This is the shortest post of the story, but I had always intended it to be. I hope you still like it. :)

When we were lovers

Chapter Thirty One

The boisterously animated winds, had relinquished their apocalyptic grip upon the serene planet of Naboo, and had virtually disintegrated into a mediocre gust, which only remained sporadically mischievous. Padme?s delicate arms were perfectly placed across her chest, whilst she lay peacefully on top of a pile of chopped wood; her soft face was void of the venomous hatred, which had once coursed through her?irresistibly replaced the incomparable benevolence of a Queen, a Senator, a Daughter, a Friend, a Mother, a Wife, and a Lover.

Anakin Skywalker?s passionate, cerulean eyes, were illuminated by a golden flame, whilst he firmly held a burning piece of wood in his hand. His throbbing heart pounded assiduously within his sculpted torso, as he apprehensively approached his eternally sleeping wife. Obi-Wan and Yoda, held Luke and Leia respectfully, and silently watched from a distance that kept the twins protected from the emitted smoke. Anakin had requested that Padme be cremated; by coming back to light, and inspiring the Chosen One to balance the Force, she had earned the right to be called a Jedi.

Anakin smiled affectionately, as he stood over his lover; even in death, there was none one more beautiful than her. The gallant Knight realized that he was not crying, not a single drop threatened to distort his vision?because he knew that she had found peace.

?I love you?? Anakin dotingly stroked her cheek, and placed a gentle kiss on her lips.

The Chosen One courageously pulled back, and exhaled deeply, whilst he took one final glimpse of his beloved wife. Then he did the inevitable; he ignited the fire. The raging furnace engulfed Padme, as Anakin quietly observed the orange flames reach up towards the rising sun.

A rogue tear escaped its incarceration, and trickled down Anakin?s lean face, but before it dropped from his face, the Chosen One felt something?He felt someone kiss his tear away.

?Padme?.? Anakin placed his palm across his jaw, whilst he felt the unequivocal essence of his wife, lovingly embrace him.

I love you Anakin?

Anakin knew instantaneously that Padme would be with him forever. He slowly looked back over his shoulder at Luke, and Leia, before turning his attentive gaze towards the stars?Padme was smiling back at him.

Hi everyone ? The next post will be the epilogue, trust me, it?s a nice post, and the perfect way for this fic to finish. It will be up on Sunday. I promise.

Padme ? Don?t underestimate my Anakin, you?ll never succeed.

Obi-Wan ? Anakin knows as well as I do, that if he plays?he will die. But he will play regardless of the consequences, because of you Padme; his greatest strength will become his downfall. And if he somehow manages to make it without turning?I?ll be waiting for him.

Padme ? No?he will be waiting for you.

The Game of Death?now being written.

6. EquestrianJedi07

EquestrianJedi07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2006
    That was the greatest short post I've ever read. Your description of Anakin's emotions was simply beautiful. [face_love] I will also take this opportunity to say that you are a most talented writer, and have quite a unique gift. What a great way to start off my weekend :D

Thanks again for the PM!

7. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

Short but god, so beautiful, I?m still crying here. I can?t wait to read the epilogue, although, it dose mean that this story is over[face_plain] :( :_|.

Thank you for the pm[:D], this was such an emotional post, what am I saying, every post have been emotional, but this has been one of those stories that you can, and I can promise you that I will, read over and over again, and never get tired of:).

8. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Brilliant post!=D=

You've captured Anakin's feelings so well, and it is a beautiful thing that Padme will always be with Anakin. I just hope he won't rot away the rest of his life and finds a new love, Padme would want him to. But this is your story, and I'm just a crazy reader!

Thanks for the PM and eagerly awaiting the epilogue!:)

CrazyAni

9. ChewbacaRocks

ChewbacaRocks Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2005
    That was amzing, so sweet!!!!!=D= =D=

Thank you so much for the pm:D

10. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    [face_blush] Very good short post... so sweet, yet sad in retrospect, but at least Anakin knows Padme is now at peace... I had a feeling Anakin would only let one tear fall... Padme's prescence was really romantic... I loved this story... *waiting expectantly for Epilogue*:p

Rachel Rose@};-

11. ehopepower

ehopepower Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 20, 2005
    Great short post. I look forward to the last post sadly. I will definitely have to reread the entire story once it is completed this weekend. Now I need to get back to work on my fic, post #3 is calling! OOh, if anyone reads this please check it out. [:D]

12. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    Short, but beautiful, perfect, and very sad. :_|
    I just lost my dog recently so this really invoked alot of emotions in me while reading. I understand how Anakin feels. All we really want is for our loved ones to find peace.

13. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master star 3

Feb 4, 2006
    So does this mean that Padme become part of the Force and can be seen?

14. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    The gallant Knight realized that he was not crying, not a single drop threatened to distort his vision?because he knew that she had found peace.

There is no better way to describe it. It was beyond wonderful, beautiful, breathtaking, heartbreaking, and perfect. There just isn't a word in the English language to describe it.

Great, absolutely great job. There was no better way to end this amazing story.

15. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    :_| :_| :_|

Now you made me cry. That was beautiful! =D=

I'd say more, but I am literally about to run out the door to attend a school function. Excellent story. :)

16. Galactic_Girl

Galactic_Girl Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    Real short reply here. But as my signature details, I have no internet access at home (at least on my own computer) at the moment. My dad discovered a loop hole until our provider fixes it's little misshap,[face_frustrated] but I have to use his computer and I am allowed only a short amount of time.

A very excellent post. You captured A/P's emotions perfectly. Sad :_| but brilliant ;)

I am a little relunctant about the epilouge coming up, as it means this fic will be done, but alas eventually everything must come to conclusion or end as that is the way of life. But I am also eager to see the epilouge to find out what's going to happen. :D

Awaiting the finale. =D=

17. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    That was so eloquently done. It brought tears to my eyes.

Nice job:)

18. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    Beautiful post. I just wish Padme didn't have to die! :_|

19. Iaranon

Iaranon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2005
    Awesome post, the emotions were so poigniant, and heart-wrenching. I love this whole story, and you've ended with just as much skill and drama as you began it.=D= =D= =D=

20. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    :_| :_| :_| no Padme I can't believe she did that

more???

21. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Just beautiful. :_| :_| :_|

22. ChewieSkywalker

ChewieSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2004
    I guess she's not coming back any time soon, at least not in a conventional form. I just got back in town to read the last two posts. I still can't believe you let her off herself.:eek:

Looking forward to the Epilogue.

23. lady_sapphire

lady_sapphire Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2005
    That was beautifully written and very sad. I'm glad he's handling it well and he has to twins to keep him grounded now.

I'm sad this story is coming to a close! Thanks for the PM!

24. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    The last chapter written beautifully. I found it to be both touching and sad at the same time. I suppose you could say her undoing was love. Sidious took a love that was pure and beautiful and corrupted it to meet his needs. In the end though it was that same love that brought her back and it was the strength of that love that surpassed even death in order to comfort her beloved. Once again, love has conquered all=D= .

Can't wait to read the Epilogue.

25. Darth_Father-in-law

Darth_Father-in-law Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    *sniff* That was touching and lovely.

I've always thought that grief is kind of beautiful thing. So, I think it was beautiful too.

Padmé is dead, but her love will always live with those who need it.

This has been awesome story, I'm waiting for the epilogue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.