main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When will anakin get his red lightsaber?????

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by GimmeDeeLyte, Jul 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GimmeDeeLyte

GimmeDeeLyte Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2003
    if anakin starts episode 3 as a jedi with his blue lightsaber then when will he whoop out the red sith lightsaber????

2. Darth_Sacrilicious

Darth_Sacrilicious Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    I doubt it will happen this way but...
    I would like to see Anakin fight Obi-Wan with a blue blade and then see him constructing and igniting his red blade near the end as the imperial march plays.

But he'll probably have it quite soon after he turns.

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I think a better question is when does he have his blue lightsabre that Obi-Wan somehow has to give to Luke.

-sj loves kevin spacey

4. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    I think that Obi-Wan will recover Anakin's blue saber after he kicks the stuff out of him. After an insane beating by Obi-Wan, Anakin will then create his red saber and appear with his body armor.

P.S. I think this will all happen in the first half of movie.

5. Darth_Sacrilicious

Apr 30, 2003
    i think that anakin will have the lightsaber at the beginning of the film. I'm sure Obi-Wan takes it from him, rather than being told to give it to his son.

6. Mauls_Other_Half

Mauls_Other_Half Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 18, 2001
    I think there will be a sale at the local jedi accessories store and everyone will go in and pick up a few extra lightsabers, cloaks, mechanical hands and so forth. Then, Anakin will realise once again he's bought more than he needs, so he gives one of his extra lightsabers to Obi-Wan and tells him to keep it in case he ever has a son whom he ever needs for redeeming duties, etc.

7. Darth_Sacrilicious

Apr 30, 2003
    that's a good idea. Perhaps Anakin realizes he bought a red lightsaber by mistake and is like, "oh well. I might as well become a sith."

8. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    The red lightsaber is a representation of the dark-side and an icon for a Sith. Anakin will not obtain his red lightsaber until he makes his final turn to the dark side. I believe that this will be when he physically becomes Vader. Even if he turns to the darkside prior to his confrontation with Obi Wan, he will most likely try to keep it hidden as long as possible. The real strength of the Sith is their mastery of deception & stealth. Although, Anakin does have a habit of jumping in head first, I don't see him changing lightsabers so abruptly. His final turn is going to be quick & the change will be burned into him once he becomes the half man half machine personification of Darth Vader. Its a given that Obi Wan will obtain Anakin's lightsaber somehow. I think that its pretty much a foregone conclusion that this will be after their duel when Anakin falls into the molten pit.

9. w0rf

w0rf Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2002
    What's funny is Obi-Wan speaks in ANH as though the lightsaber had been an old companion of Anakin's, like some dynastic Japanese sword. If AOTC was nay indication, Anakin went through lightsabers like they were made of cardboard.

If anything, Obi-Wan probably just took the blue one from his severed arm and kept it for Luke.

Now that I think about it, that was the saber Luke was using when he got dehanditated in ESB, so technically, Anakin lost yet ANOTHER one of his sabers.

10. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I had thought that it was Anakin's lightsabre in the sense that it had always been his for a very long time. Apparently not :p

-sj loves kevin spacey

11. Mauls_Other_Half

Mauls_Other_Half Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 18, 2001
    "Dehanditated"

[face_laugh]

12. jediturny23

jediturny23 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2003
    the crystals that make a red blade are more powerful than others and anakin has a focus on power e.g. his form 5 lightsaber training. I think anakin will construct a red bladed sabre while he's still good (just)like he's doing good but at any cost, i.e. his ends justifies his means, a strong theme with anakin. OB1 won't be happy + will further doubt his allegiance to the lightside. I think he'll fight ob1 with it :)

13. ogilbyb

ogilbyb Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    I think he gets his lightsaber after he kills Count Dooku becoming Darth Vader, Palpatines new apprentice.

14. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    I honestly don't think we won't see the red one until Episode IV. With him already having his blue lightsaber through most of the movie, I think he'll continue to use it, even as a Sith. The only way he won't use it is if it's confiscated by the Jedi Order. Then once he turns, he builds the red one.

But I think he'll have the blue one during the whole movie.

15. Squirrels

Squirrels Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2003
    [sarcasm]well, since we know anakin has so much experience with 2 lightsabers[/sarcasm] i would like to see him using both red and blue lightsabers when he fights obi-wan to sort of show his change to the dark side. seeing him using both sabers, could portray him as dancing on that invisible line between sith & jedi. i dont know how exactly it would all get to this, maybe he kills dooku & takes his red saber or something(?), then gets in the fight with obi wan over whatever reason there'll be. when anakin looses the fight, you see the blue saber destroyed somehow(i dont know), his complete change to the darkside at last. it would be kinda cool(to me at least).

16. Lightsaber_Style8675

Lightsaber_Style8675 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2003
    Yeah I had thought that it was Anakin's lightsabre in the sense that it had always been his for a very long time. Apparently not

I think Anakin uses the Blue one obi gave luke throughout the clone wars, so that would make it pretty special.

17. KSA

KSA Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2003
    Note: Some Jedi have red lightsabers, it's just we don't see it because it's more dramatic for it to be

Good: Blue and Green (and purple)

Bad: Red

My spy agency, Kool Spy Agency (that's what KSA stands for) has information (my own thoughts) that Anakin duels Obi-Wan after a chat about good, bad, and maybe the weather. It is the cementing of his true badness. Then kills Dooku (after getting that awesome suit! I'm considering falling into lava!), and Palpy gives him a gift... a red saber!

18. zweistein

zweistein Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2003
    i'd like to see:

just before he offs padme with it, based on fact that she hid the twins from him, at obi's suggestion, while he was away somehwere or another.

19. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    *bump*.

I'm still hoping for the possibility of TWO Duels between Anakin and Obi-Wan: Blue vs. Blue (pleeeeeeeeease!) and Blue vs. Red!

But I think it's possible Anakin will not have a red lightsaber until he is Darth Vader in full armor.

I don't know, it depends how he falls to the Dark Side - I can see him losing it and attacking Obi-Wan with his blue saber, or I can see him confronting Obi-Wan and igniting his red saber.

Doesn't make no difference, I'll be happy any way.

20. Tatooine_Fireman

Tatooine_Fireman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    I hope he gets it after he atcually becomes Vader (with suit and all), as some kind of "crowning".

21. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Perhaps with a t-shirt, too.
    "I became a Sith, and all I got was this lousy red lightsabre."

22. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    "I became a Sith, and all I got was this lousy red lightsabre." [face_laugh]

Garth, the more I think about it, the less of a chance I think we will get of blue vs. blue, but instead a blue vs. red light saber battle. I do not think Anakin will face Obi, but rather Lord Vader will confront Jedi Master Kenobi. I think that Anakin will fall some time between his defeating of Dooku and his defeat to Obi-Wan. And during this time Palps will tell him to leave behind the weaker Jedi tool, and use a more powerful sith blade .

23. Tatooine_Fireman

Tatooine_Fireman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    Well DamonD, I would take a trip to the Dark Side for such a cool lightsaber. ;)

24. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    You take the blue lightsaber, the saga ends, you are still a Jedi. You take the red lightsaber... 8-}

25. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I think it might show him with his red lightsaber, but not until the end. I guess I have a hard time believing that in the midst of ALL the turmoil and "hubbub" going down during Ep. III, he just happens to find the time to construct a red lightsaber...I of course can't know for sure, but I will assume he will NOT fight obi wan with the red one...Now that I think About it though, it would be quite a dramatic thing to see - obi wan preparing to duel, as Anakin reveals himself as a sith, igniting his new RED lightsaber...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.