main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When will anakin get his red lightsaber?????

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by GimmeDeeLyte, Jul 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, I always assumed that Sidious would give Vader his new red lightsaber as a signing bonus.

Unless Anakin has been building it in secret for quite some time....which I doubt.

2. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    I agree with the last couple posts.. I don't think Anakin will fight Obi-Wan with a red saber.. could be wrong of course. But I would like it to be actually Anakin fighting him, instead of Vader. I'm sure the red saber is part of his initiation to the DS, as is the Sith name... which I would like to believe comes after the Duel.

3. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I imagine that in the time period where he is made bionic, after his recovery, he probably constructs a new red lightsaber. I would be surprised if Sidious gave it to him as a present. And I'm assuming Obi-Wan takes the blue one when he leaves Anakin for dead.

So, I can't imagine we'll see his red lightsaber ignited at all in this movie, unless bionic Darth Vader kills other Jedi after the duel, which would be pretty anti-climactic.

4. Shmi02

Shmi02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    I think he'll get the right lightsabre after the fight with Obi-Wan as he is officially Darth Vader, in full body armor. I can just picture the drama of it all-- the red lightsabre, to me, just looks cooler than the rest b/c it represents the power of Vader-- the crown jewel of the dark side, if you will.

A red vs. blue fight would be great, but it seems a bit unlikely-- although, we never predicted JarJar so who knows?!

5. Stormtrooper_Shrink

Stormtrooper_Shrink Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    I'd really like to see some of the Purges, and if that happens, I think we'll see his red saber.

6. zenwave

zenwave Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2002
    I always thought it would be cool if his lightsaber *turned* red at the apex of his rage and hatred . . .

7. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    i think anakins fall will be sooner in the film than the Duel, obi-wan may try to turn him back, but the Duel isnt what is going to push him over the edge

8. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    "Obi-Wan once thought as you do." - Darth Vader, ROTJ

This seems to point to the fact that Anakin had fallen and Obi-Wan tried to save him. So perhaps he will be fully evil by the time of their confrontation. And if so, not out of the question that he might unleash the Red on Obi-Wan.

9. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
  10. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    The problem with the Clone Wars cartoons being spoilers isn't so much that they give things away, it is that the broadcast schedules are completely mismatched worldwide. The US broadcasts have not even begun yet, but somehow there are already screen captures and plot summaries all over the place.

11. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Anakin picks up a red lightsaber for the first time in the clone wars series.

12. Serenity

Serenity Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2004
    I'd like to think after he turns to the dark side. While the lightsaber turning red as he actually turns theory would be cool, I think it's unlikely.

I think the lightsaber will become like a symbol. As he casts off the constraints of the light side, he will also cast aside the lightsaber that was a symbol of that, taking up instead the red one that represented his new devotion to evil.

13. _-_Tellachwen_-_

_-_Tellachwen_-_ Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2004
    I hope that Anakin uses his blue saber during the duel with Obi-Wan. Anakin falls in the lava, and Obi-Wan picks it up, and that is the only thing he has of the good Anakin. After Vader wakes up, he gets his red lightsaber from Palpatine, that would be the crowning of Darth Vader (what is a Sith without a lightsaber). And it would also be a new beginning: a new look (sexy :) ) and a new sabre.

Or it could also be when he turns and becomes Vader, but without the suit. It would be really a turning point in the movie, leaving everything behind that has anything to do with the light side. But where does Obi-Wan get the blue saber? I don't think that Anakin will sent it to him....

I hope the first one, after waking up. That would be really cool!!

14. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    well, whatever happens I must disagree with the theories that palpatine GIVES him his red saber. Because, if you look closely, the design of darth vader's light saber in ep IV-VI exactly matches the one he had in episode II - the ONLY difference was that the opening section at the top where the blade comes out on vaders is black-and in Ep. II it's silver. Everything else is the same.

The way Jedi make their sabers are like their fighting-they have their own personal styles...If you look at ALL the lightsabers Anakin/Vader ever had, (Ep. II, the one he gave to Luke, and the red one in Ep. IV-VI) the designs are all very similar. but still much different from any other jedi's saber design. So Anakin made that red saber himself, staying in the "Anakin style" of lightsaber designs. it just looks too much like his OWN to be one that was GIVEN to him.

15. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Just saw him with the red saber in Clone Wars 19....all I can say is f'ing awesome!

16. Frank1212

Frank1212 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 2001
    I don't think we'll be seeing him with a red saber at all. I imagine that the last scene we'll see from Anakin in EP3 will be of him falling into the lava or being rescued by some unknown identities...

17. SirKnightLord

SirKnightLord Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    I agree. I'd say once Anakin is in the Vader suit, then he'll have a red saber.

18. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    perhaps...

anakin duels dooku -- and loses his blue saber
    he picks up the red one after he defeats dooku

next thing ,,, obi-wan finds anakin using a red saber

much to obi's shock - he is too late
    anakin has turned - or so he assumes - and ..... u know what hapens next

19. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    yeah, but how does Obi-Wan get Anakin's lightsaber that he gives to Luke? That's the tough question.

20. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    ok,
    lets say his arm is hacked off with the blue saber in it -- and obi wan retrieves it - now that he see what has become of anakin - there is no reason to return it

thus, he straps it to his belt and thats that

or.......
    lets imagine anakin has defeated dooku and takes the red saber, then fights obi-wan with his blue saber, but after obi hacks off anakins arm - anakin ignites the red saber to continue the fight and ,,, here we go!

just some ideas

21. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    I think if we were to see a blue v. blue lightsaber dual it will be between Mace and Anakin. I just have a feeling that Obi will battle a red saber Vader.

22. Lord_Imperius

Lord_Imperius Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2004
    I think it is possible for him to have the red saber for the duel and be Darth Vader in all but body armour. For one thing it is probably visually a better choice to have red on blue, and it is likely he falls into the fire with his saber. I have said before that I see the duel as being a lot of Obi trying to call Anakin back from the Dark Side but then being forced to destroy him.

23. drth sidious

drth sidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 1999
    How about this? We know Obi-Wan retrieves his blue saber to give to Luke, right? And we've also seen that Anakin can fight with two sabers, correct? Well, what if he has both a red and a blue? This way, Obi-Wan could somehow knock both sabers out of his hands, and Anakin then slips and falls into said lava.

24. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    In the Clone Wars cartoon, Dooku gives two red lightsabers to Asajj Ventriss. We know that the Jedi tradition is to construct a lightsaber, but perhaps the Sith do not have this same tradition.

Obviously this is a cartoon, and the sabers were probably given due to the fact that the time constraints of the series prevented her from constructing them. But on the other hand, this could set the precedent for Sidious 'giving' Anakin a saber, as opposed to Anakin constructing it himself.

25. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I doubt that's possible, cos again, looking at saber construction styles, vader's lightsaber is EXACTLY the same as Anakin's in Ep. II only the tip is black...it's too close to Anakin's construction style to be GIVEN to him...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.