main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When will PC2 be available?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by SithForceLord, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Hey everyone,

In a similar vien to the does anyone know when ps3 and xbox 2 will come out? or think you know? thread. Does anyone know when the PC2 come out?

I think it will be awesome. You could have really fast intranet access. And play music on it but with such clarity that it would take the place of your home sterio, and even hook up the speakers to your phat home sterio system ones.

Extra harddrive space so you can play movies and have all your CD's installed on it. Gaming would be 13374 and Voice commands for writting in things like Microsoft Word2 and stuff.

I can't wait! Anyone know any details or any links for information?

Cheers. Cool. :)

2. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer is probably very excited about it.

3. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    I like how they have 3 different resolution images we can Download of him (bottom right of that page).

Truely thoughtful they are.

oh, I just realised. Lazer mouses will be standard issue with the PC2 I think. :cool:

4. DarthNoctambulus

DarthNoctambulus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I'm sure PC2 Live! will be awesome! Can't wait.

5. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Please explain. Will it be like the X-Box version? Where you can other people in games?

6. DarthNoctambulus

DarthNoctambulus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Its like playing Counterstrike online but with faster and stuff plus things. No lag at all. But thats what I think. I dont know. But I will buy pc2 as soon as its available. I hope my parents dont mind lol

7. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I heard the PC2 will have amazing quantities of downloadable content. I sure hope that rumor's true-I often find myself needing to download a new graphics card, but I don't seem to be able to with my PC1.

I wanna pre-order the PC2 now!

8. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    I feel the same way Aragorn. I mean, playing games and my FSP are down to like 26 or whatever, it sucks. I set it at 76FPS but then I lag. If I could download a new graphicscard it would gaming so much better.

9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The PC3 is already out in Japan!11!1

10. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    OMG those crazy japanese.
    Aaron, can you get a big pirate boat and sail over to japan and buy one and come back and speak of wenches and say 'yaar!'?

11. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    I volunteer to help crew the boat. I have a +2 Japanesespek bonus, and fully support the capture of wenches.

12. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    The PC3 only works in Japan, there's only one of them (at Sony HQ), it weighs 8500 kilograms and only runs linux.

So lets just worry about the PC2, huh?

I hear it will come with a joystick built right into the keyboard! And they've lost the outdated QWERTY keyboard in favour of the revolutionary ABCDEF keyboard, and ditched the now obsolete space-bar. You use joystick-right to make a space. :eek:

[image=http://www.ow.se/images/mmax1.jpg]

And if you take any spec of a next-gen console & mulitiply it by pi, that's the PC2 spec.

PS: Nice thread, bro.

13. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Shall we kamakazee the Japs with a fleet of certain waterborne vessels?

Perhaps not. :p

That keystickboard is awesome. I can't believe they're combining them, that's some inovative thinking!

14. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Bet it won't be compatible with all my old PC1 games, though. What a gyp! MicroATInVIDIAsoft are just trying to suck us all out of our money! I for one won't be buying this new console, no matter how many joysticks they put onto the keyboard.

15. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Yea, but rumour has it that with the ultimate download capabilities and standard issue WinRar-X, a converter will be downloadable within minutes!

mint! :cool:

16. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Will this have better security abilities? I don't want to be |-|4><><3|) by those bastards with that crazy winrar program.

17. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    I hope so. An anti pop-up program would be leet 2.

18. SomeRandomNerd

SomeRandomNerd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    Is it true that it's going to be cartridge-based, to reduce problems with pirating?

19. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Oooh, sweet. I think it will actually have a rudimentary positronic brain. Some models will have a little len that acts as an optical sensor for the AI, with a little tag identifying the PC2/AI with whatever name you wanna give it. The PC2 will have effective voice recognition technology, with effective vocalization hardware that'll allow the system to speak back at you in whatever language or accent of your preference. I think a soft voice with a Canadian/soft British accent would be perfect for it. I had hear rumors that systems would be optimized to run at 5GHz and up with a minimum system memory of 2 GB. The OS is supposedly an innovative collaborative effort between Microsoft, IBM, Apple and Red Hat for cross system integration and compatibility. The new platforms will be launched by Compaq/HP, with starting prices of around $3K. I can't wait!

20. DUM-4

DUM-4 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 1999
    Stupid PC2 Greeks

21. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Woah man, I was totally wrong about the PC2!! This console is going to rock!!!11!

22. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    I heard a rumour that the PC2 will give you the power to control virtual monkeys with your brain.
    And will take cyberseks to a whole new level11!!!!11omg!!! somehow.

23. Yuuzhanvong1000

Yuuzhanvong1000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2002
    I don't think the PC has generations like the consoles. It just slowly evolves over time. And equipment that was top of the line becomes standard, then sub-par. PC2 doesn't exist. PCs advance gradually while consoles do so in fits and starts. That is why the PC is superior.

24. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
  25. -Ace-

-Ace- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2002
    When's the PC2 coming out? I don't want to blow all my money on a PC2 when PC3 is coming out in a month.

BTW how much will the PC2 cost? $200?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.