main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When will the NJO series end?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthSithLord, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSithLord

DarthSithLord Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    whats the last book? and when is its release?

stupid question maybe too early to tell I bet.

2. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

When it's done. 8-}

3. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Kier's right. A lot of folks base the end by the number that have been confirmed. But the list is those that have been so far confirmed. I believe it was said that the NJO was suppose to end in 2006. Though with losses, it could end sooner. Yet as we don't know how many books are still awaiting confirmation, go with what Kier said.

4. Fez-i

Fez-i Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2002
    I think I saw a post a little earlier by Elaine Cunningham where she mentioned that the story (referring to the current Vong story arc) was 20 books long. I suppose she could have been estimating, but if that's correct it would put the end of the series sometime in early to mid 2004. Of course, I'm hoping they'll start up with a new series IMMEDIATELY thereafter :)

5. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    I believe that's up from the 17 confirimed at around the time SbS came out (and prior to that time) As I said, the list is only those so far confirmed. And if it's the Vong portion of the NJO is only 20 long (though I assume you're saying the whole NJO when you refer to story arc), then the NJO could actually be much longer.

6. DaJames2

DaJames2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2002
    Unless this series has the intent of being somewhere in the vicinity of 40 books (or just an infinitely ongoing series) then 20 books for ONE story arc seems a bit much. I was under the impression that Hardcover #5 was the finale to the series and the arc, and that it was either book #18 or #19.

7. Ceria_Taliesin

Ceria_Taliesin Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2001
    According to the official site, and an old news article here: http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/1999/12/news19991202.html

In October 1999, Del Rey released Vector Prime by R.A. Salvatore, the first of 22 planned novels in a series called The New Jedi Order. For The New Jedi Order, Del Rey and Lucasfilm responded to fan's requests for a well-planned story line overarching the entire series, books released in the chronological order they appear on the timeline, significant and lasting consequences for the heroes, and the ability to follow each book or just selected titles.

Hope that helped.

8. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Since that time...
    Siege (single book) was cancelled
    Knightfall (series) was canelled
    Rebirth (single book) was added
    Recovery (single ebook) was added

I'd say right now, you can only ball-park a final number. Who knows what's going to be added/subtracted in the future.

9. SithSpit777

SithSpit777 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2001
    Is Rebirth confirmed, and if so, when and where?

Hmm... though I have my doubts, seems a perfect title to somehow bring Anakin back from the dead. Could you imagine the elation all over if that happened? It would probably be their best selling book of the series...

10. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Rebirth was published before SBS.

11. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Rebirth II...
    Rebirth 2...
    Rebirth, Part Deaux...

Re-rebirth?
    Return of the Birth?
    The Birth Strikes Back?
    Birth Harder?

12. RaptorRage

RaptorRage Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    Look Who's Rebirthing Too?

If the NJO ends around the time or just after Episode 3 is out, dya think they will start a new series detailing the 20 year period between Episodes 3 and 4? Some have mentioned there may be a Rise of the Empire type of series if they go ahead with it.

13. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    In the Insider interview about Dark Journey it was stated that DJ was approx. the mid point of the series.

!snap

14. SithSpit777

SithSpit777 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2001
    Bwah, I should have known that. :(

15. cmulligan01

cmulligan01 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 1998
    Barring anymore cancellations the NJO will be at minimum 18 books long. 17 announced publicly and the final hardcover in October or November 2003.

16. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    I hope it lasts longer than that.

17. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    I hope that they figured out how it was going to before they wrote the first book, or else they might not be able to defeat the Vong convincingly.

18. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Ok, who gave Genghis all that sugar?

19. ron corless

ron corless Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 1999
    I hope NJO goes beyond 2003 and ends around the release of Episode III in 2005 too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.