main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit When will we get an announcement of the Status of the EU?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Reading some KJA interviews, it sounds like even when KJA was contracted to write his Jedi Academy trilogy, he was completely unaware of Dark Empire until he was asked to write a foreword to the trade paperback. His foreword is suggestive of the idea that there's only continuity because the writers are making an effort, but if there are sequel films to kiss it goodbye.

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Even Piell comes to mind as one of the worst direct contradictions.

One of the main problems, outside of any continuity issues, is that it "forced" Lucasbooks to cut short the Republic Commando/Imperial Commando series. Karen left, her fans were not happy, but that was that. LFL could have picked up the series with a new author, and intended to at first - then dragged their heels stating that they wanted to see how TCW played out before making any such decisions about a continuation - then like a year later they decided there was no interest in seeing the story continued(which was hogwash).

Then we got those Stover rumors - and everyone wanted that to happen. Fingers still crossed, but not holding onto much hope.

3. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

4. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    It's interesting you say about undermining, as it was Lucas idea to make Ashoka, Anakin's apprentice since the original idea was her and Plo Koon.

Personaly I thought TCW re-writing (which is what happened) Anakin Skywalker was quite possibly the best thing to happen to the character (I also thought his relationship with Ahsoka was really good too) and seemed more Lucas realising that he had screwed up how Anakin had been written in the PT. Similar thing with brining Darth Maul back, again Lucas realising he killed him off too soon.

Alixen and DigitalMessiah like this.
  5. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I doubt continuity will be kept if only because continuity changed in the films starting with the OT.

Making Luke and Leia are sisters (after 2 films of them kissing) is one example.

I suppose another could Chewie a 1st mate on a smuggler ship who rips arms off people when he loses monster chess and "boy you said it Chewie" view of Obi-wan to now being Jedi Master Yodas good friend and piggyback buddy. Ahsoka's too if you include the TCW.

I also doubt the writers/prcoduers of the new films even if they may have read 1 or 2 books (I havent even read them all so I doubt they would) will feel themselves bound to follow what is in them anyway.

6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    3:22 AM, Budapest time, on Wednesday, November 19th, 2014.

Seriously, it will happen when it happens, if it happens at all. We don't know, we have no basis on which to know, and further speculation is pointless. Any discussion on the topic can happen in the existing Disney thread.

Bib Fartuna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.