main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN When will we know if there is a midnight show???

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedichic07, Apr 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    I saw the announcement of ticket times in another thread, but no mention of a midnight show as of yet... If and when would those tix go on sale??

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    5/15/02 11:59 p.m.

3. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Ha! Good one Hama ;)

We'll find out right before Advance tickets officially become available. Both Carmike's District office & the manager of the Thoroughbred are supposed to call me on my cell phone as soon as they hear something. Both have said, "I don't know why we wouldn't have a midnight showing."

The truth of the matter is that Carmike is jumping the gun just a little bit. Evidently they've been assured 4 prints of the film by their corporate office at least in the first couple of weeks. However, they may get as many as 6 prints.

Lucasfilm has already stated that they are not discouraging midnight showings and expect many theaters around the country to have them. However, until everything is "official" business wise they can't come out and say that they will have a midnight showing. Does that make sense?

I'll try to let everyone know immediately as soon as I hear something. :)

4. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    any news????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.