main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Teaser/Trailer Thread- What do you expect to see? Teaser Date Announcement! pg126

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by WannaBuySomeDeathSticks, May 31, 2014.

?

With which theatrical movie will we see our first Ep VII trailer?

1. The hobbit: Battle of five armies

105 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. The Avengers: Age of Ultron

101 vote(s)
    36.1%
  3. Jurassic World

11 vote(s)
    3.9%
  4. Fantastic Four

3 vote(s)
    1.1%
  5. Terminator: Genesis

4 vote(s)
    1.4%
  6. Ant-Man

3 vote(s)
    1.1%
  7. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay pt. 2

19 vote(s)
    6.8%
  8. Other: specify

34 vote(s)
    12.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Since "The Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies" comes out a full year prior to Episode VII, I'm going with it for the teaser trailer. Then "the Avengers: Age of Ultron" will carry the full 1st full Length trailer followed by "Jurassic World" with the 2nd Full length Trailer. :-B

Lurknomore likes this.
  2. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Age of Ultron for theatrical premiere of the trailer, followed by online premiere on that following Monday, May the 4th.

First public reveal at Celebration VII?

3. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    Episode 7 trailer I think will be in the vain of the trailer

Episode 8 though I think will be something like this

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  4. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    Redimet, I don't think the first teaser will be that long. I think we'll see something shorter than that. This thing will only be a minute long. It will only be a year out when everybody views it. They are not going to give a lot away at first. Like EwokSimon said above, they will save that for the first trailer attached to Avengers 2 and then online on the 4th of May (that's a given there).

Redimet likes this.
  5. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    They don't have to give a lot away in the first teaser trailer because the entire internet will (over)analyze every millisecond and every frame of it with 24 hours of it's premiere.

6. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    I still say that we will see the teaser at Celebration and the rest of the world will see it 12 days later attached to Avengers 2. That's eight months before release, which is further out than any Star Wars film's teaser has ever been. I doubt we will get it as early as the Hobbit.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  7. CarboniteSolo

Oct 11, 2013
    A teaser could be just a few brief seconds, followed by the title of the movie, the date, along with John Williams outstanding Star Wars theme.

We will get something by the end of the year.

Title and short teaser

Redimet likes this.
  8. CarboniteSolo

Oct 11, 2013
    Just think...by this time next year we will have 2 or 3 trailers and the official poster by Drew Struzan.

9. TelemachosJr

TelemachosJr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2014
    These days big event films have trailers a year in advance

10. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    No they absolutely do not. We're lucky to get something 6 months out and it's been reduced to about 3-4 months this past year.

X-Men DOFP: March 2014 (May release)
    Guardians of the Galaxy: February 2014 (August release)
    Hunger Games 3: VERY short teaser-one minute long-July 2014 (November release)
    Hobbit 3-VERY short teaser-one minute long-July 2014 (December release-trailer expected in October)

Anything thinking there will be anything in December is....well....set for major disappointment.

Dewback likes this.
  11. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Teaser Trailer: Hobbit
    Theatrical Trailer: Avengers: Age of Ultron

12. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    I am thinking a teaser kind of like the one for the dark knight rises. Christmas just seems like the perfect time to release a teaser. To let people know hey this time next year we are back.

13. AlainSkywalker

AlainSkywalker Jedi Knight

Aug 20, 2013
    With these expectations my only hope is at least to have the title of the movie before the end of this year. A small teaser on that date and then a first trailer in May 4th would be quite good. But just releaseee the title JJ!!!!

14. TelemachosJr

TelemachosJr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2014
    DOFP and Gaurdians were awesome but they were not BIG EVENT films
    The hobbit i read as a 3 film 3 year event and part 1 did have a trailer a full year in advance of the film

Reducing your list to the one anomaly that hunger games was which im still trying to figure out but disney is going to bombard us with star wars promotion anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool

15. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    Damn That made me want to watch Episode I again!

Redimet likes this.
  16. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    True, but not until next year. I'm not saying we'll have to wait until September or October 2015 (hopefully), but thinking there will be anything before spring 2015 is silly. Even anything before Celebration (that's not even a guarantee) is pretty silly.

17. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    The idea of attaching trailers to specific movies doesn't really happen anymore these days, online is way more important for building awareness. I'm guessing we'll see the first trailer on.... YouTube. Before that happens though I bet we will see the first footage/teaser at SW Celebration followed by online probably that same weekend. It would be nice to see a still or some artwork before that but JJ is a stingy bastard. We get a peek or two more similar to the X Wing video.

18. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    Actually I feel the teaser trailer will come during The Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies and it will be short with only the title. Something like below:

19. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    I disagree, they will add it on to a some movie to increase sales for that movie just like they did with The 3 Musketteers not to long ago. I think they had added the Epsiode 1 - 3D trailer to that one. Solely to increase sales. I actually saw people leaving right after the trailer aired. It was kinda sad!

20. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    I think they will want as many eyes on the trailer as possible they will want it tweeted, blogged, on entertainment sites so I think there is zero chance of them attaching it to a specific movie. The cash value of the publicity generated by that far outweighs the bump it would give any movie by far, especially these days. Even less likely is them allowing another studio to make money off Star Wars by attaching the most anticipated trailer since TPM to a Fox or Paramount movie, not a chance. I think they will premiere the first teaser at Celebration on Fri or Sat and it will be online by Sun or Mon.

Dewback likes this.
  21. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    There were teasers released for Avengers 2 and even DOJ at Comic Con that could not be seen online, nevermind in the theater.

Here's how I see things play out:

Filming wraps in December 2014. Re-shoots wrap in March, 2015.
    Celebration in April: Video Title Announcement-no actual footage from the movie-maybe a voice over that won't actually be used.

May 4th and MAYBE with Avengers 2: 30 second teaser with stills or an online release of the same Video title.

Comic Con '15 in July or August: a 1-minute teaser.

October '15: First 2-minute trailer

Early November, '15 (with Bond 24): Second 2-minute trailer

Late November '15 (with either Good Dinosaur or Hunger Games or both): Final 2 minute trailer

December 8: Soundtrack released to stores

22. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    There is a possibility that the teaser may include clips from previous episodes with nothing new more than a voice over by Luke, if thats the case then we could see it released anytime from now.

23. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    I think we'll get a little more than that at Celebration. Also, I wouldn't count on them showing much of anything at SDCC since Disney has D23 in August.

24. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'll take a ten second trailer revealing the title before the year is over, though. That's the least they could do. :)

Import_Jedi likes this.
  25. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Filming is supposedly set to wrap by November...even with the inclusion of last month's 2-week hiatus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.