When will you arrive?

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration VI, VII, Europe II' started by j-jawa3, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j-jawa3 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I always arrive at the Celebrations a day prior, so that I can do a recon of the area--I didn't stay at the Hilton last time, and I want to see how early I need to get up to get in the admission line. I leave the day after the convention to that I can get some sleep, reminisce, and NOT get in a rush to get to the airport.

What about you?
  2. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    I am definitely planning on getting there at least a day or two early. I remember people posting on the boards and texting me from the con a couple days before it started and it bummed me out that they were all having fun without me. :p This will not happen again.
  3. Zepherous Jedi Knight

star 1
    Will arrive on Wednesday August 22nd.
  4. JohnnyRose Jedi Master

Arriving Tuesday to give me time to relax on Wednesday by visiting some of the parks or hang out with TFN people.
  5. BigFortuna Jedi Padawan

Gonna be there early, around the 16th. I want to spend some time at the parks before Celebration :D
    If anybody else is in the same boat just drop me a line.
  6. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I'll arrive on Monday. Did that before both CIV and CV and it's nice to have two whole days to get rid of jetlag, familiarize yourself with the area and be a tourist for a day.
  7. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I might arrive a few days before to take pics in costume at Harry Potter.
  8. ChewieTitan Force Ghost

star 2
    At least by Wendseday. Last year, we got there Friday, 6 days early and spent the time at Disney.
  9. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    If all goes to plan and we do the same timeframe for our carpool from Ohio this time, I'll be getting there on Wednesday. I hope though we don't have the same car problems (or any at all!) I'll probably be heading back on Sunday as well again.
  10. quigonobi2 Jedi Knight

I will be flying out from the UK on Saturday the 17th will do some parks and relax a bit before the con
  11. EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Doing a repeat!
    At CV arrived two days early, departed one day later.
    Scoped out the land; relaxed; visited Harry Potter World; Sea World; and Animal Kingdom.
    Also, my sixth sense tells that Disney Hollywood Studios will probably do another special Star Wars event.
  12. wendynat Jedi Knight

star 3
    We'll be there Wednesday, the time depending on when we live VA, but hopefully early enough to get some rest and maybe pop over to Universal for the evening. Last time we came on Tuesday and did Wednesday at Uni, then stayed three days after con to do Sea World and more Harry Potter at Universal :).

This time we're bringing our 10 year old, so going to try to take a cruise out of Port Canaveral after the con for relaxation and to extend the trip! Since we're down there already, might as well tack on some other sights :)
  13. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Several days before the con starts. I did that for C4 but not for C5, and I regretted it. This time, I'm going to allow multiple days for pre-gaming. ;)
  14. metalinvader1982 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I plan on getting there on Wednesday and leaving on Monday.I may go to Disney on Wed. and check out the new Star Tours. Hopefully! :)
  15. Dingo Force Ghost

star 5
    I usually aim for the Sunday/Monday before for time to get things done and see some of the host city.
  16. Beretta911 Jedi Knight

star 1
    For CV I arrived 2 days before and that seemed to work pretty good for me, so I am thinking I'll do a repeat of that!
  17. navarr Jedi Padawan

I think my wife and I will arrive in Orlando on the Wednesday, do the con, do 3 days at the parks, then drive north to Atlanta and hit DragonCon. The great part about it is that we will have our costumes ready for both cons and have them with us so should be a great couple of weeks off.

This will be my third and her second Celebration. I took her for the first one last year and she loved it.
  18. dab1313 Jedi Padawan

Getting there on tuesday the 21st and Leaving on monday the 27th. Tuesday going to Hollywood Studios for Star Tours and Wednesday to Universial Studios for Harry Potter.
  19. Admiral_Ozzel Force Ghost

star 2
    Gunna get there on Wednesday, and so far the plan is to leave on the following Wednesday. That will give me the full 4 days at Celebration and 2 days for Disney! I'm 1000% positive I will be at the con all 4 days, just unsure about Disney.
  20. Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Assuming I still live in the Orlando area next year as I do now, I should be "arriving" at the OCCC right before the doors open on the 23rd. And hopefully I'll be able to attend all four days this time around.
  21. Jedi_Five Jedi Master

I will be there two full days before celebration. This will be my third celebration. At Celebration IV, I arrived in L.A. on May 21st, after spending two days in Anaheim at Disneyland. For Celebration V, I arrived in Orlando on August 9th, giving me two full days before the convention. I visited HP World in Universal on the Tuesday and took the Wednesday just before Celebration as a "quiet day". On that day, I got my badge for celebration, went to dinner and relaxed before the craziness... did I say that? This time, I might be there one more day earlier since I'd like to return to HP World and also go to Hollywood Studios before the convention. I'll return afterwards. I always make the Celebrations into a big trip. I'll be gone for about two weeks, like I did for Celebration IV and V.
  22. kina Jedi Padawan

I'm arriving wednesday, 8/22/11. This is what I did last year. It gave me time to get my ticket and settle into the hotel before the con started.
  23. jedimomtosith Jedi Master

star 1
    I arrived the day prior for CV and left Sunday.
    This time I'm still coming a day early but am going to leave Monday (if I fly).
    If I get my speeder bike done, I will be driving down so I'll have to leave Sunday night to be home by Monday pm.

Spending Christmas break at Disney World so wont need the extra time to visit.
  24. Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Arriving 8/13 for WDW, then heading over to the Rosen Plaza on 8/21.
  25. Darth-Dogfish-Head Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm going to plan on getting there by early afternoon on Wednesday at the latest. And this year I won't miss my flight home Monday morning (hopefully).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.