main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST WHEN will you judge TFA?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Nov 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    By this, I mean when are you going to decide, "I like it, this is a worthy continuation of SW" or, "I hate it, this doesn't feel like SW at all," or what have you?

Personally I plan to wait until 2019 to truly pass judgement. Going from one episode which had one director, to another with a new one, and then the last which will probably also have another one, it's too chaotic to decide from the beginning. The same can go for the number of writers. We already have what, five confirmed writers? I just don't think judging TFA alone isn't an effective means of deciding if we like where SW is going

2. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I already have. God help me I already have.[face_nail_biting][face_nail_biting][face_nail_biting]

3. Njfritz

Njfritz Jedi Master star 3

Oct 2, 2014
    Probably an hour after I've seen it

for the 12th time.

4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    just now and it's terrible
    -the OT are back and they look like walking corpses
    -Luke is an evil cyborg.[face_laugh]
    -idiotic title
    -pfffffft the Empire is still there, lame

P.S I'm joking, I agree with @Seagoat better to wait for Episode VII-IX to be done to get the whole picture.;)

5. WrathofRunia

WrathofRunia Jedi Padawan

Oct 19, 2014
    I will judge The Force Awakens after I see it. I'll judge the sequel trilogy as a whole after VII, VIII & IX have released. No need to make it more complicated than that, imo.

6. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    I think deep down I will know if I liked it or not the moment I walk out of the theater. I will not make the same mistake many did after TPM and tell my self its good if I do not believe it haha.

Death_Jar_Jar, Dak Oolron and TKT like this.
  7. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    As I'm watching the film. But if I don't like it I won't make a big deal about it being unworthy or not "real" Star Wars or anything like that. I've already accepted that Star Wars is going to be a different type of thing under Disney's film a year plan.

Visivious Drakarn and CoolyFett like this.
  8. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I wont be able to do that. I walked out of TPM loving it and walked out of RotS loving the entire PT. And unless the unthinkable happens I'm positive I'll do the same with the ST.

9. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Ummm, immediately after I see it?

Is this a trick question?

[​IMG]

10. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    After a proper court trial.

11. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    On March 12, 2016, 17:36 PM

Dak Oolron, jaqen, TKT and 4 others like this.
  12. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999

It's not possible to react to something or form a personal opinion on something until I actually experience it. When I do, I'll be sure and let you know. :confused:

jaqen and Seagoat like this.
  13. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    I will keep it simple and regress to my 9 year old self in 1977.

Yep, its a star wars movie. I like it. No judgement at all- 9 year olds dont judge, they absorb. My older self will smile at his younger subconscious self while walking out of the theater.

Dak Oolron, jaqen, TKT and 1 other person like this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Will see it a couple times in theater to see if it is worthy of the name Star Wars and then after seeing Episode 9 a couple times in theater to see where the entire ST stands in relation to the SW: NJO book series as the continuation of the PT/OT saga.

15. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I judged it the moment they announced it. Always judge a book by it's cover... ;)

J/K

After I see it for course!

16. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I'm sure I'll have a definite opinion of TFA after seeing it a couple of times, but ultimately it will hang on the trilogy as a whole and how it fits in with the complete saga. Once I can sit in my home and watch all 9 movies back to back, that's probably when I'm most likely to decide whether this trilogy is a worthy addition to my personal canon, or if I feel I'd be happier by ignoring it entirely.

17. smallpaul

smallpaul Jedi Master star 3

Aug 15, 2001
    Good question. I'd like to say immediately after seeing it but I had a serious case of denial with the prequels. It took me about two years after AOTC to come to grips with how much I disliked the first two. I even convinced myself that AOTC was as good as TESB right after seeing it opening day. denial can be a strong thing.

Dewback likes this.
  18. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    After I watch the movie 4-5 times in a row, you judgmental heathen.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I just went and re-familiarized myself with every single rumor that I have been told that I am foolish to not believe and I despise this film like it curbstomped my grandmother.

Dewback, Dak Oolron, jaqen and 2 others like this.
  20. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    For me, my opinions on a film may evolve over time. My initial opinion will form as I watch it for the first time, but I'm always open to re-evaluating something, even if it's 10 years later. No judgement is final.

starocean90 and Mystery Roach like this.
  21. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Except God's final Judgement.;)

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    While I agree with such an assessment... let's... uh... not derail the thread quite so... um... apocalyptically.

23. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    I think the only judgement I will have on it is whether or not I feel its a good movie or not. All the other stuff about legacy or what have you are rather pointless.

Lets just hope the film is entertaining and go from there.

At the end of the day, its the 7th film in a 40 year movie franchise. It will never be the cultural shift that the original movie was. Its quite probable that no film again will do that.

Andy Wylde, jaqen, Jcuk and 1 other person like this.
  24. Thomas Solo

Thomas Solo Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 28, 2012
    I think I'll be able to judge it somewhat after seeing the trailers (I mean as far as I judge any movie I guess). So long as it's a good film, I'll be happy, but the trailers will go a long way in showing off how "Star Wars" it is. Aside from it's hyper-mediocre title, all signs seem to point to a good time as far as I'm concerned.

(Insert lame 'lens flare will hurt my eyes' joke here)

(Insert fatalistic 'no movie will ever top ESB comment here)

(Finish with 'if GL is not intimately involved then it's not Star Wars' edict here)

There. Done.

25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Honestly, I've already decided that I love it. :p

But seriously, I'm very easygoing and I'll probably love it no matter what; they would have to do something pretty terrible to make me hate it. Like...make Luke a dark side cyborg who dies without being redeemed, or something. [face_nail_biting]

Rabs, starocean90 and Force Smuggler like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.