main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST WHEN will you judge TFA?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Nov 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I..

Potato.

We're done...

2. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Because I cannot like this post enough :cool:

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe rejudge it again after the 4th trilogy starts or ends?

4. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    But it's so incredibly refreshing to see someone admit that nostalgia is a major factor in how they judge additionals films against the originals.

Seeher, CoolyFett and Mystery Roach like this.
  5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm going to judge it like I judge any other movie, by itself. It needs to stand on its own. JJ better not make the same mistakes as Lucas, where you had to read some novel or a freakin comic book to get the answers.

6. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I don't recall having read any novels, and yet I see nothing that sticks out as a huge "wait what I didn't get that" in the first six episodes

DarthBreezy, CoolyFett, jaqen and 2 others like this.
  7. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Maybe I'm confused by the order of posts on here since your post comes immediately after mine, but I wanted to ask: are you referring to me???

I don't believe I did any double posting…

8. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Maybe a related thread can ask: when will you stop prejudging the ST?

As we can see from most of our threads, OT purists are already judging the ST based on how faithful it is to the OT. PT purists are doing the same, and so are Legends purists. Each group that mainly favors one section of SW has already prejudged the ST.

What, if anything, will make them judge the ST more fairly?

9. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    *in my emperor Palpatine voice* yessss yessssss

For the record, i think TPM is better than AOTC and both are better than teddybear fest on Endor, where the OT ENDED. PT made tons of money, sold tons of dvds, Clone War show is great. So with the PT vs angry fans, the PT has won hands down. There is really nothing they can do about it. THe PT will never be erased. It will be here for your grandkids and great grandkids to view.

10. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012

"The rest of the fan base", i.e. fans over 16 or under 6, don't unanimously expect the ST to be part of the OT. So when you say contentious things like you hope the new films crap all over their expectations and fill them with supreme rage, in a forum whose majority portion of members consist of the "rest of the fan base", you are more or less just asking for negative attention. It seems like you're actually *looking* for people to put on your ignore list.

11. Indy 11

Indy 11 Jedi Padawan

Nov 4, 2012
    I have to see it first. Until then, I am just going with my optimistic gut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  12. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Fail, i dont recall you and i having any conversation about. I already ignored the OT bully, but i see you are chiming into the mix, and yes to answer your question yes im hoping the new movie gets negative reviews. But not from the Star Wars virgins who never seen the OT or PT, im hoping the new fans LOVE it. Maybe age grouping was the wrong wording, but their is a certain group of fans that hope these disney movies annoy and irritate. Disney may be able to pull this off. I just think it high time that people realize the Star Wars does belong to them, it belongs to the makers. Its owned by Disney now. Many people still think Star Wars is being created by the never aging clone of 1976 George Lucas. They want everything to be exactly like Star War Episode IV A New Hope. Star Wars has changed. Its no longer just about Luke Skywalker learning the ways of the Force. Yoda already taught Luke the ways of the Force. We all have an agenda or wish, im just explaining mine. No harm no foul, i think some just get upset because they know what I am saying MAY actually happen. I seriously doubt the new disney movie will be the remake to Star Wars Episode V The Empire Strikes Back that see many here hoping for. PEACE

13. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    The people who want TFA to be exactly like ANH are a very small segment of the fanbase. I think I can speak for most of us fans of the existing saga that we just hope the the new tril will progress the story naturally, be enjoyable to watch and be memorable. Of course there are going to be some fans that are butthurt. But I think most of us just want said attributes.

14. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

None of this makes makes much sense.

What, exactly, are you so upset about? What's really going on here? Condense the BS and just spell it plain, please.

Scummy_and_Villainous likes this.
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    If this conversation continues, please consider your wording as though your ability to have access to the forums depends upon it.

16. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    I'll probably immediately judge it based on how much fun of a Star Wars movie it is to watch.

17. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    No. I'm insane and I'm talking to myself. You're fine, hunny buns.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  18. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    I love Star Wars, ESB and ROTJ but I not using them to hate or love TFA.
    I hate the PT but I am not letting that color my reaction to TFA.
    I miss the old EU but I am not going to let it's demise affect TFA
    It is a new story, with new characters, new backstories, that will be around for awhile and I will only judge it after I have seen it at the mid-night showing.

19. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    I will judge it as a film on December 18, 2015

And I will watch it multiple times when it comes out on Blu-Ray and compare it to the other 6 films, and make my FINAL judgment then.

20. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    LOL. I even remember in the early days of VHS, we would have to wait YEARS till a hit movie came to video. That would be unheard of now!

21. LongHairedAussieGuy

LongHairedAussieGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2014
    After seeing the teaser and the longer trailer I will judge. But my main judgement will be after I have seen the movie

22. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Now! Guilty...

[​IMG]

...of being a STAR WARS movie.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  23. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    We really are scraping the bottom of the barrel for new thread ideas.

DarthBreezy and plaidphoenix like this.
  24. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Human nature will probably see us either gushing about it or hating it on the first viewing. Then about 10 years after we might settle down and be able to view it objectiviely without that initial excitment of new Star Wars :)

25. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Probably during/after a 2nd viewing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.