main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion When will you see Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Feelicks, Mar 17, 2013.

?

When will you see VII?

1. Midnight showing

65.9%
  2. Anytime during opening day

31.9%
  3. A few weeks later

11.0%
  4. A few months later

2.2%
  5. Never

3.3%
  6. Other

4.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Feelicks

Feelicks Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2012
    I'm going on opening night, with a Sith robe and a lightsaber on my belt, like a boss.

Lord Optimus likes this.
  2. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I'd be surprised that anyone who posts on these boards could seriously wait more than a millisecond longer than they have to.

3. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Mostly depends on how good it is. I usually see films if I know they are good. If they're not I usually wait.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes, sure you will...

El Jedi Colombiano likes this.
  5. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    I'll probably do the same I did for all of the preqels:

12:01 a.m. opening night
    10:00 a.m. opening day.
    6:00 p.m. opening day.

I had naps in between.

Then again after about a week, then again a month or so later. Maybe once more after that.

As someone said, really depends on how good it is when I see it the first time.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    For ROTS, we did the midnight show, sat at a diner discussing the film until the theatre reopened and then saw 4 consecutive showings in the same seats. We all assumed this was gonna be it, so let's dedicate the day to it.

Padme501st and lbr789 like this.
  7. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    Awesome! You beat my record. And I thought I was a fan! :cool:;)^:)^

8. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    Midnight showing, first time ever. Can't miss this, no matter how it turns out.

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Definitely the midnight show. It's a Star Wars fan tradition that must be upheld.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  10. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    If all goes according to history, I will have read the book already and will not have to wait in line for the movie.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I cannot remember how many times I saw TPM at the cinema, but it was rather numerous. I believe the film I watched most in a theater was ESB when it was initially released.

12. Skelter

Skelter Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
  13. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I'll have read the book and got my tickets via Fandango for the midnight showing.

14. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    I'll go to the midnight show and line up like usual and make fun of the other people in line who are line decked out in their best Star Wars t-shirt for being dorks.....while standing there in my new Star Wars t-shirt I brought especially for the occasion with a smile so big on my face that I out-dork the whole crowd...and love every minute of it.

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I love these stoic responses from such level headed, 'other things to do' fans.

"I spend my life posting on a forum dedicated to the making of the film, but once Pablo has posted a closeup pic on his Hyperspace webcam of the hair inside of a man's ear, I will have seen everything I need from the film. I will wait for the video release".

16. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    If I can pull off the same trick I did for episodes II & III 2ish days before opening night (simple trick really, my job was assembeling film reels at a movie theather and as such had to check to make sure the film reels where assembled correctly for the midnight releases).

If not Midnight showing opening night.

17. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Midnight showing for sure. My wife bought me a lightsaber and Jedi robe as part of my wedding gift so I'll be going dressed up. We got married in 2011 and she thought there would never be an opportunity to dress up for another film.

Boy was she wrong:D

18. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I want a quiet theater somehow, without cheers, oo's and ah's so I can take the film in without the emotion of the crowd but i'll go opening night anyway.

19. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Good point... must get cosplay ready now :D

20. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    That's awesome.
    In my case I will try my best to be there for the midnight show, if for some reason I can't, then it would be sometime during opening day.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I may infect myself with something so I start to die. My last request will be to see Episode VII in a private screening. Do they grant Make a Wish requests to 35+ year old men?

Episode Swag likes this.
  22. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Hopefully its not good then so you dont regret not being around to see the next two episodes... too bad you'll have to live with the regret of knowing you off'ed yourself for a bad movie though. Oh well, live and learn... uh, wait, never mind :p

Episode Swag likes this.
  23. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I know the price of freedom. I pay it gladly to not live in chains.

24. SnakeWesker

SnakeWesker Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2006
    I haven't been to a midnight showing of a film since 2008's The Dark Knight. I did go to the Ep3 midnight showing, and it was an experience. I'll definitely be seeing Ep7 at midnight.

25. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    My brother and wife have tried to get me to attend other midnight premieres like Harry Potter and Batman. They would give me some line about ROTS being my last hope. I always replied, "No, there will be another."

Episode Swag likes this.