Discussion When will you see Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Feelicks, Mar 17, 2013.

?

When will you see VII?

Midnight showing 60 vote(s) 65.9%
Anytime during opening day 29 vote(s) 31.9%
A few weeks later 10 vote(s) 11.0%
A few months later 2 vote(s) 2.2%
Never 3 vote(s) 3.3%
Other 4 vote(s) 4.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Placeholder Jedi Knight

star 4
    I ususally wait a few weeks. I like the crowds to die down, and I try to go to off hour afternoon matinees so as to have as few people as possible. People anger me at the movies.
  2. Episode Swag Jedi Knight

star 1
    All of the above except for the never option. I'll probably see this movie 2 times in the first day.
  3. TheProtocol Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm planning a midnight session in gold class. But I have a feeling that getting tickets to any midnight show will be like getting front row tickets at a popular persons concert.

I'll be quite devastated if I don't get tickets to the midnight show. I'll have to buy a Jedi robe and lightsaber just for the occasion.

I think I'll be taking the following day off to watch it a couple more times.
  4. Darth Gumby Jedi Youngling

I'm going next week to see it....
    Why aren't you?
  5. jedimikey Jedi Padawan

star 2
    Midnight show. Dressed in my Jedi robes, with my lightsaber. Hopefully, I'll have a brand-new Corran Horn Hasbro FX lightsaber from Toys R Us I picked up a few weeks before. I'll have my wife and kids in tow, probably embarrassed to be seen with me in my dorky cosplaying glory.
  6. themetresgained Jedi Knight

star 4
    MIDNIGHT SHOWING. Just like for RotS. That time I wore a Darth Vader tshirt. I think I'll put a bit more effort in this time.
    Last edited by themetresgained, Mar 17, 2013
  7. my kind of scum Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Midnight showing, definitely, and will buy tickets in advance for at least one more showing opening day.

Honestly, I'm kind of bummed that internet ticketing has replaced standing in line. The line experiences (I "only" did 24 hours tops for each) for the special editions and episode one are some of my favorite memories of my part in fandom those days.
  8. Bobatron Jedi Master

star 4
    I have yet to buy a ticket online. Even with that, you still have to wait in line to get in the theater.
    I'm less social and more aggravated with people than I was in 2005 to really care about going to the first showings, yet I remember the differences in the crowds. I like when a dedicated STAR WARS crowd is there and coming out of the midnight showing in 2005, I could tell a major difference between them and the people coming out of the 12:30 showing.
    It would be nice if there were a Celebration VII (whoa, in time for Episode VII!) at the same time and I could just go to a convention to see it.
    Last edited by Bobatron, Mar 18, 2013
  9. chris hayes Jedi Master

star 4
    If the big 3 are back then Midnight - if they are not back probably see it at some stage .......
  10. Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master

star 5
    I'll be there opening day for sure!
  11. DARTHLARS Jedi Master

star 4
    When TPM came out in my country, it had already been out for over three months in the US, so it did not matter that much. I saw it in the first week. Before that I had got a couple of opportunities to see pirated copies, but I declined because I wanted to see it in a real cinema.

For AOTC and ROTS, Lucasfilm and Fox released the movies worldwide at the same date, so of course I went to
    midnight shows. For ROTS, my group was second in line for tickets. We camped on the sidewalk for 5-6 days to get the best seats in the best theatre.
    My best movie experiences have been midnight showings, and not always because of the movie, but for the people and what happens before and during the movie. There is nothing better than seeing a movie together with other fans. All of them are actually interested in to see the movie and not just to be mildly entertained. Fans cheer and laugh in the right places.
  12. Jcuk Jedi Master

star 5
    I saw each of the PT just the once at the cinema. For me they just weren't good enough to warrant going to see them more. On 1st release I went to see ESB 6 times and ROTJ 5 times. Maybe I'm getting too cynical as I get older, but the ST will get the same treatment. If the 1st turns out to everything I'm hoping it will be, plenty of trips to the cinema!
  13. anakin-the-chosen-one Jedi Padawan

I never seen any Star Wars films in the cinema.): Except for TPM re-release but that doesn't really count since it wasn't new :p. I really would love to see it at a midnight showing but they don't do them where I live. :/
  14. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Impressive... most impressive.
  15. Son of a Bith Jedi Master

star 4
    I rarely do a midnight showing - the last time I did was for TPM in 1999. But as a show of good faith, optimism, and excitement, I plan to be there at midnight with a smile on my face.
  16. The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus

star 5
    "Midnight showing" has more than enough votes, so I had to give some love to the "Never" option.
  17. ezekiel22x Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Depends what else is out that year. Usually only get to the theater one or two times a year, so I like to make it count. Thus far all of Abrams films have been one and done rentals for me.
  18. Lord Chazza Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll give it a bit of time. If I queue up on opening night my expectations will be through the roof. If I wait a little while I'll be more relaxed about it and I may enjoy the film more. That's just me.
  19. I Are The Internets SFTC Tiemaster (Nov '16)

star 8
    Midnight showing in my Picard outfit just to **** with people.
    Blue_10 likes this.
  20. Son of a Bith Jedi Master

star 4
    Make it so.
  21. Blue_10 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Midnight Showing, Imperial Captain's Uniform with holstered E-11
  22. Air Jedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    They should do a 3 a.m. showing after the midnight premier so I can see it back to back on opening night.
  23. Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  24. Darthbane2007 Jedi Knight

star 4
    I won't make any big promises, but hopefully within the first week..
  25. Force Goddess Jedi Padawan

Midnight showing, then a couple more times in that first week.