main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When worlds collide

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by PADA-1, Mar 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    Did anyone catch The Simpsons last night? If not you missed a unusually awesome episode,(not that it isn't always awesome, just last night was better than usual.). Anyway, the Simpsons go to see a movie called Cosmos Wars or something to that effect and standing in line are the nerds, one guy dressed as the Deathstar with just his feet sticking out the bottom. Of course comic book guy,( the guy who is my icon when posting), is dressed as George Lucas, only they called him something else. So the movie starts and the whole thing is basically role call at the Senate until an AT-AT smashes in and asks if he can add a rider to a space bill or whatever. The movie ends and everyone storms out complaining, Comic Book guy stating worst-Cosmic-Wars-EVER!, and then saying he was only going to see it three more times...that day. Well, then Bart and Lisa write a letter to complain and recieve pictures of Jim Jam Bonks,(guess who that is!), and go to Northern California to find Lucas and tell him he has lost his way. Lucas,(who for some reason is only as tall as Bart & Lisa) promises to lift a better plot for the next one from Westerns and Samurai films and takes off on a Taun-Taun only to be caught by a drunken Homer and Marge and tossed around like a rag doll. The whole thing was an absolute riot, my fave show butting heads with my fave movie(s). Now I only have to wait five or so years for that episode to be put on DVD at the rate they are releasing seasons. Season 4 is the next to be released and they are starting thier 15th on tv...sigh,whine,boohoo.

2. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I wish I would've seen that one! That sounds like it was hilarious. Hopefully you can catch it on a rerun later this year and you won't have to wait until the dvd comes out. Speaking of that has everyone seen the box for the Original Trilogy dvd? It's pretty sweet as well. :)

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    man...I wished I would have watched "The Simpsons" this week! I'm sure it'll be in re-runs, and just another great episode full of SW references.

4. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    I saw a test box design a month ago on some French site which was quickly pulled after Lucasfilm got wind it was out. I dunno if they changed the design now but there were three different sets, I liked the Imperial one best. Is there an official pic out now?

5. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Go to this website if you wanna see it....

http://www.firedragon.com/~lwg3d/upload/general/2004/03/20-807649.jpg

6. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    I just popped over to starwars.com and saw the pics of it. Not bad, but I liked the Imperial test design better. Very retro, reminds me of the original cheesy movie poster. We should have some sort of release party for this or a midnight line thingy if there is one around here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.