main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL When would you join Chicago Force for an outing to see "Fellowship of the Ring"?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Stardreamer, Nov 21, 2001.

?

When would you join Chicago Force for an outing to see "Fellowship of the Ring"?

Poll closed Dec 5, 2001.
  1. I'm there opening night!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Friday Dec. 21

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Saturday Dec. 22

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sunday Dec. 23

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Friday Dec. 28

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Saturday Dec. 29

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Sunday Dec. 30

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. the weekend after New Years

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  9. I have no preference.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I have no interested in seeing the LOTR movies.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
  2. Stardreamer

Nov 26, 2000
    The first part of Lord of the Rings opens in theatres on Wednesday, 12/19/01. I think there would be enough interest among Chicago Force to make an event out of it, but when? Well, when would be good for the most people?

I will point out now that Saturday, 12/29 is out for me, but I added it because it might be the only day the rest of y'all could make it....

The question of where will be next, but first I want to figure out when. So get your votes in!

3. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I want to see it again and again! I'm so excited for this movie to come out.

4. Stardreamer

Nov 26, 2000
    I plan to see it opening night, and then again that weekend... as for a group outing, I voted for the weekend after New Years because that would avoid potential conflict with any holiday activities. However, any date but the 29th is great for me!

5. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Oh, I'm gonna see it. But I still don't get the whole Tolkein thing. I can't read those books - they make my head hurt.

6. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I'm really excited about this movie! Tolkien is da man!

7. Stardreamer

Nov 26, 2000
    I can't read those books - they make my head hurt.

Didn't you say the same thing about Little Golden Books, Jeff?

hee hee hee!

Only two votes so far, and both for after the new year starts... so it's looking like this may be our first CF event for 2002. Or not. Who knows?

8. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    We will go to see it when we can, but I think we may be visiting family on that SAturday. We usually go to movies on Saturday, cuz it is the only day all 3 of us have off together. Maybe we will just have to take Mom & Dad and sisters and brothers-in-law to the theater.

Jeff-skip the prologe! Those made my head hurt too! Just go right to the story and start with the Hobbit first. Don't give up on the first 100 or so pages, it does get very, very exciting and isn't all just about a bunch of dwarves talking and eating and smoking.
    I have read much more than 1/2 way through FotR. I will have finished it before the movie is released. It also has some very descriptive (slower) parts, but I can tell it will get very exciting soon and I will miss my stop on the train again while reading!

9. Rex_Karrde

Rex_Karrde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    I'm going opening night, and I will join the CF gang for the outing. Count me in. After the hollidays sound like a great idea.

Rex K. [face_devil]

10. Stardreamer

Nov 26, 2000
    well, the poll didn't get many responses... I set it to close early in case we got a lot of opening-night or -weekend responses. Heh.

Should I re-open it for a few days?

I'm actually leaning towards an opening-weekend event now, perhaps Friday 12/21? If we see it at the Loews @ Streets of Woodfield, we could have dinner beforehand, or a Gameworks session, and then see the movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.