main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI When y'all gonna have that first meeting topic?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Satimber, Jan 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    :p

I miss not having Swan around. :(

2. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I was missed? :D

Sorry everyone for my lack of posts. :( DRL has been a real bear. So, since this is a Grand Rapids FF, I was thinking perhaps we could have the first meeting should be in Grand Rapids, but where is everyone in relation to, well, Grand Rapids that seriously wants to/could attend our first meeting? I live not 20 minutes from downtown Grand Rapids, so...

Your turn! :D

3. Nuclear_Holocat

Nuclear_Holocat Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2002
    Hi,

I was on vacation so I didnt notice the Grand Rapids area board until today. I live in Caledonia, about 20 minutes from downtown. Anywhere in GR would work for me. It would be good to get something going regularly if we can find enough people. At meetup.com I think there is a star wars meetup so it might help to join that for Grand Rapids.

4. Mistryl

Mistryl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2003
    You know me Swan, nearby downtown, heck, I'm in downtown half my life

5. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Hey, Mistryl...do you think we could set up a meeting at GRCC??? ?[face_plain]

6. Mistryl

Jan 5, 2003
    hm, that may be difficult considering how busy it is and that some people aren't students there. I'm racking my brain for some places. Hey! What about Yesterdog in Easttown?

7. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Beats me. If it'll work, why not? I have never heard of it, though so you're on your own there.

8. Mistryl

Jan 5, 2003
    hm, I'm having a hard time thinking of other places. But is everyone cool with someplace downtown?

9. Count_Scoobith

Count_Scoobith Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    I also go to GRCC, but only for two night (tues, wed).
    Are we looking for a small coffe house, or like a Barnes & Noble, or a cafe, what type of atmosphere do we need? I have link here that we could look at all coffe houses / bars / cafe, that you want in GR (it's what i use to find gigs) it'll give locations of that place, and some will have a little backgrond of it. (and some will have websites) Hey I know a cool little place, Session cafe. (it's on the list)

copy into you adress search: (sorry it's so long but it'll give us about 50 some coffe houses / cafe, and directions, maybe we could choose one from there.) Some have webisites.

http://dir.digitalcity.com/main.adp?_dirnamesearch=&_dircat=581228&_diraction=search&_dby=&_dircity=Grand+Rapids&_dirstate=MI&_dirlat=429704&_dirlong=%2d856738&_dirzip=&_diraddress=&_dirdma=36&_dirpid=

10. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    Thats a good list.

How about Cafee Leonardo? Its inside Kendall College, which is within walking distance of GRCC.
    I think you can park at the public library for free.

I too am at GRCC, but only Wed nights at 6.

11. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    I have Arch Drafting Class wed. Night from 6-10 (but I?m 2 day?s ahead and I?m always out at 8) That Cafe Leonardo, I?ve heard it's not bad,(I've never been there) maybe we should set-up an unofficial meeting just to see who, and how many come. What are your guy?s thoughts?

12. Mistryl

Jan 5, 2003
    I'm around monday through friday but only till about noon but yeah, I could probably make it

13. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    I could make anything after 5. Sadly, I don't get home from work til 4:45! [face_bleh!]

Whoever's really close and has the time could also check out Cafe Leonardo to see if it is suitable.

14. nashira

nashira Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2002
    I could make just about anything before 8pm. But I would need directions to just about anywhere that's been suggested. :p

15. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    I'll brave this mission BultarSwan, I have class tonight at Grcc, and i'll slip over there if I can to check it out. Hey pretender, what time is your class out? You start the same time as me, maybe we could go check it since you seem to know alot about it, and know where it is better than I. Otherwise I'll check it tonight. What should I be looking for?

MAP:

http://mapsonus.switchboard.com/bin/maps-maponly/usr=~4033720e.b2258.36.9/c=1/refsrc=SB.newsb/formName=setclickpost

Cafee Leonardo,
    111 Division Ave S, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
    Is that the right place?

16. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Looks like you are all on the way...

One suggestion...if you can...think about weekends. Most meetings are on weekends. Usually the days that are the easiest to fit into a schedule.

17. pretender

Mar 8, 2001
    Well, I've been busy this week so I didn't get back here untill now.

I've never been to that Cafe Leonardo either, I just pass it on my way to school. My class goes untill 9:30 atleast :(

One thing I just remembered is that the Public Library has its own little coffe shop as well.

I'm not sure what we're looking for either. Is this like a first date where you need something to do afterwards incase you don't like anybody?

Being completly selfish, I could sugest a Wed 5pm meeting. It works for me but if it doesn't for everyone else thats cool. I'm not even sure what we're suposed to do at a meeting.

18. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Sounds good, Scoobith. As far as that being the right location...I think so. :)

Thank, J-Sat.

Everyone else, keep posting what times you'd be available for a meeting. Try to think weekend. :)

19. Mistryl

Jan 5, 2003
    ah, almost all days after noon and all day saturday, not so sure bout sunday though

20. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Sundays are a definite 'no' for me. Church, nap, choir practice, church...so yeah...no thanks. :)

21. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    Count Scoobith here, Back from my mission. I think Cafee Leonardo would be a good place, just like pretender said, "Its inside Kendall College, which is within walking distance of GRCC. I think you can park at the public library for free."
    I'm not sure if the address I put was right. If you can find the kendall college building, you can find it. It's right there on the first floor, main entrance. I'm available anytime after 5, except Tues/Wed (class), weekends anytime.

22. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Okay, so Saturday it is, unless anyone can think of a good reason it shouldn't be on a Saturday. J-Sat's suggestion is most logical in that we try for weekends always as they are easier to fit into schedules.

So, hmm... I'm free this weekend...I think. I'll double check, but I'm pretty sure. Or we could try for next weekend... Just so everyone hears, I'll pm all of you. :)

23. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    One option is to make a poll (I'll double check to make sure they are active in this forum). Sometimes that makes it easier to see what the best times are for people.

~H~

24. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Thanks, DJ. :) Never even thought of that.

25. pretender

Mar 8, 2001
    I'm going out of town this weekend. Spring break starts monday- I won't be back 'till March 8th

I still hope the meeting works out for everybody else though, have fun! I'll try to make the next one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.