main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI When y'all gonna have that first meeting topic?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Satimber, Jan 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    The reason I've not been doing anything as far as scheduling is that my grandmother who has been very sick in the past few weeks passed away last Thursday. So, I've been dealing with that and all the other stuff that you can imagine comes with it.

I really appreciate everyone's patience.

I honestly do not have a specific date in mind, but I was hoping before April, on a...Saturday or Friday night.

Sundays are no good for meetings.

2. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    As I'm sure you all know, our first meeting has not happened yet and it is passed April one. Soooo... this is what I was thinking.

WHERE: I believe we've decided on going to Leonardo's Cafe, which is inside the Kettering Art Institute.

WHEN: TBA tomorrow. I wanted to get some info out where people can read it asap. :)

Sorry for not being around lately. :( Lots of stuff going on right now, but it seems to be calming down a bit. :)

3. Mistryl

Mistryl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2003
    I can't do anything this weekend, going to be busy all day saturday

4. Nuclear_Holocat

Nuclear_Holocat Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2002
    I'll make anytime that people decide on work for me. I'm sick with a sinus infection now though, so not anytime until the weekend at least.

5. Count_Scoobith

Count_Scoobith Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    count me in anytime also.

6. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    I have finally figured out a time that I think will work. April 24th.

If you can, post whether or not you'll be able to make it here. If not, pm me. :) I hope you can all come and I look forward to finally meeting all of you!

I'll be pming all of you with this information just in case you don't see it here.

7. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Well, I'm in school for another month yet after that. Perhaps when the summer comes I can do something. :p

8. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    I hope so, DWH. It would be nice to meet. :D

Where is everyone? ?[face_plain]

9. Nuclear_Holocat

Feb 25, 2002
    I will be able to attend, let me know of the location. I think before people talked about meeting somewhere downtown. Discussions Coffee Shop would be a good place to meet. They arent very busy during the day. It is right off of Fulton also.

10. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    I do believe that Kendall Art Institute's Leonardo's Cafe will work. That was the plan. :)

If anyone doesn't know where Kendall Art Institute is or how to get there, first, look it up in the phone book for an address and then go to mapquest.com (I don't have access to one right now). This website will give you a direct route from wherever to wherever.

11. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Since only two individuals are able to meet on April 24th, I think it is a good idea to change the meeting date. I had in mind either May 8 or May 22. I wont be around May 1 and have something I already have planned for May 15. What do you think and what would work best for you? :)

12. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    I almost have no life, :( so anytime is good for me.

13. Jaareth

Jaareth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    WOOT! after days of diggin i finally found the grand rapids group! woohoo! somebody fill me in on what ive missed :p

Oh..and hi :p

14. Deak_Alder

Deak_Alder Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2003
    Welcome. Well we haven't decided much. We did decide that we are going to have the first meeting at Leonardo's Cafe inside Kendall College. It also looks like the first meeting will either be May 8 or 21. Other than that we have just been getting to know each other.

15. Jaareth

Jaareth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    cool! i been lookin for bout 2 months tryin to find a star wars club to no avail :( im so glad i found some people who want to get together! heh..question..we dressin up for our meetings? :p

16. Kettchs_Girl

Kettchs_Girl Jedi Master star 1

Mar 22, 2004
    I found out today that I will be moving in the week of August 20th, so I won't be able to come to any meetings before that. Not to mention that I've only been to GR once and I won't know anyone when I get there so it might actually be a little while before I can figure out how to make it to a meeting. But I'm definately interested and will show up eventually!

Sam

17. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Jaareth, I am so glad to have another person that is interested in being involved in the Grand Rapids FF! Please post which date you are able to come to a meeting (the 8th or 22nd of May). If you are able to come to both, that would be great too. :)

So far, we have one person able to come only on the 8th, one person only able to come on the 22nd and 3 able to come on either date. This is out of the people who have pmed me and/or posted which date/s is/are good for them.

18. Deak_Alder

Deak_Alder Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2003
    Actually I may be able to go on either date since I'm not going to prom, but I won't know until my friends and I decide if we are going up north then or over the summer.

19. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    I have now recieved a pm from everyone and more people are able to make the 22nd. Sorry to those of you who can't make that date. :( I still have to call Kendall College and ask them how late their cafe is open. Until then, I hope you can all remain flexible as to what time the meeting will be. :)

20. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    For ANYONE who needs directions from anywhere to anywhere, useThis Link

to get directions from your house to Kendell!

The address for Kendell is 111 N Division Grand Rapids, MI 49503.

21. Nuclear_Holocat

Feb 25, 2002
    What time is the meeting and where at in Kendall College?

22. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    IMPORTANT!!! Please read!

Due to the fact that I just had a work schedule change and have to work until 5pm on Saturday the 22nd, I wont be able to make a meeting before 6:30. Therefore, if everyone else is in agreement, I thought we could make a change and have the meeting in the Barnes and Noble in the Rivertown Crossings Mall. THe address is 3700 Rivertown Parkway SW Grandville.

I will contact all of you via pm, but please respond here if able. I really hope that this works out for everyone. :)

Thanks,
    ~Swan~

23. GIMER

GIMER Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 15, 2000
    So if I understand correctly,
    The meeting is at 6:30 at the B&Noble at the new Grandville mall?

24. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Yep, at Rivertown Crossings Mall. :)

25. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    CRAP I MISSED IT .... I was playing paintball .... aaaawwwwwhhhhh ... when is next one ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.