main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When you all were n00bs

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by FlareStorm, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Earliests posts from some regulars around here:

SoloCommand:
    Date Posted: 6/17/01 12:02am Subject: RE: Mara Jade Fan Club

Can I interest you in joining the forum at should mara jade be in the next Jedi Knight game in the game section of the EU.

I'm sure you 'enthusiasts' would enjoy a frank discussion and arguement over the aformentioned issue.

The more, the better.

Considering I've got nothing better to do, I'll probably be at the forum, shouting at people in the corner.
    --------------

The_Chim
    Date Posted: 1/31/02 8:56pm Subject: RE: Barad-dûr and Harad

Hey Ill not be here on the boards tomorrow like at all i might sneak a little in before classes start but idunno. Ok guys have a great time without me!Once again I relinquish the controls to all my characters to the bad guyson my side, but ill have them return to my comtrol when im back ok seeya later guys
    --------------

Aragorn327
    Date Posted: 8/28/01 12:57pm Subject: RE: The Ludicrous Operations League

Hey , I'd like to join, so here's my bad joke, well this is more just a bad anology, "Hailstones pummeled the earth like raindrops, only bigger, harder and icier."
    --------------

CommanderSesfan
    Date Posted: 10/23/01 10:26am Subject: RE: Explain Your Handle

Sesfan is from the Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook, old WEG gamer material. He's Admiral Ackbar's aide and representative to the Provisional Council. I think he has three lines in Last Command happy Not the best, but I've come to like him.

Sesfan
    --------------

Connemara
    Topic: Me and Howlrunner have an announcement...
    Date Posted: 2/14/01 5:37am Subject: Me and Howlrunner have an announcement... - Date Edited: 2/14/03 2:03pm (1 edits total) Edited By: jp-30

There is a story that goes along with this, which I will briefly tell-
    I started liking Howl over a month ago, but tried to keep completly silent on it. However, last Sunday, with much encouragement from my best friend, I decided it was time I told him how I feel. Which I did in a letter a wrote and anonymously sent yesterday. He got it, we talked for 2 hours.
    Today, we have talked for two hours more, and have both agreed that we wish to let our friends at the JC know...

Howlrunner and I like each other...possibly a lot.

Happy Valentine's Day to all the rest of you- I hope your is as special as mine!
    --------------

Errant_Venture
    Date Posted: 3/28/02 11:26pm Subject: RE: Galactic Battlegrounds "Clone Campaigns" Expansion Pack Update

This is going to be awesome Chiss and hopefully some capital ships. They need to come out with a Vong campaign. Now that would be sweetness!
    --------------

The2ndQuest
    Date Posted: 6/19/01 7:45pm Subject: RE: The fate of fanfilms - a prediction

I'll chime in with my two stances-

While I'm very intrigued by the Phantom Edit (and I admit I'd like to take a look at it out of curiosity), to allow it to be distributed and get such wide press as it has is very wrong, as it is a public insult to Lucas's work. However, I'm not opposed to it's existence, if someone wants to do it for fun for their own private entertainment and do a good job at it at that, they should have the right to do it. But to allow distribution is very wrong and that falls on the creators responsibility.
    For example- I have every intention to, in the future, create my own personal versions of all 4 star wars films. Not for my own particular enjoyment, but rather for my children's enjoyment when I have my own eventually. I'd like to be able to show them a version of Star Wars that doesn't have Greedo firing first but that also has the enhanced special effects in the space battles from the special edition. Lucas has made mistakes here and there, in my own opinion, and one day, when my kids first expierence that galaxy far, far away, well, I want them to have the best possible expierence I can give them, to inspire their dreams with the fantastic world Lucas has created, so from there they might be interested in seeing how these movies have evolved

2. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I used to luff Mara Jade back then.

3. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    i can't even remember what mine was ... i don't think i really want to know :p

4. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    Kartanym
    Date Posted: 5/23/02 7:39am Subject: Boo...
    It is I, MarkI that is. I've finally decided to get a new account so I can get rid of that stupid nickname.

Anyway, you can call me Kartanym from now on (as far as I know, I made that name up myself, and I damn proud of it!).

5. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    My earliest post was in Lit, in a thread about Jacen Solo. The thread is gone now...probably a good thing.

6. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Date Posted: 9/25/99 3:26am
    Subject: Re: A New Hope-Humorous Version

This doesn't really belong here, but since the same people are on this as were on the TPM humorous thread, they would know the answer to this question: Where is the completed, edited form of the TPM humorous edition? Did someone put it on their website? I remember someone talking about that, but I don't remember where it was going to be.
    -----------------------------------------------------

This is the oldest post the boards still record as mine.

My first post was, believe it or not, in the Games forum. In... a "TIHS GAEM IDEAR RAWX" thread. Back then I guess we had so few users that one of those every once in a while wasn't the kiss of death.

7. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Look how far I have come... :(

8. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Sep 23, 1999
    Oooh, I just found some winners.

Highlights:
    ----------------------
    Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

oobadabibbada!
    ----------------------
    SithForceLord

I'm not sure. I'm a n00b 'member! Ask Dan, or Sithy, or just ask Poddles.
    ----------------------
    Jedi Bib

I remeber. I called him Poodles because I felt like it one day. Just another example of why I rule.
    ----------------------

9. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    LOL, I forgot the EZBoard revolution

10. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Sep 23, 1999
  11. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    Look at the beginning of the thread you posted. Its from when me, Conne, and a bunch of others couldn't take Dan, AA, and Bib being meanies so we made an ezboard just for us.

12. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    I came to Games as that board was dying out. I think I posted there once.

13. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Sep 23, 1999
    Haha, yu0's lose'd.

14. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    wow, is that what i said? :p lol

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    That's not my first post, I think that was in Lit. That was my first one in my FF though, just a short 20 months ago.

Ahhh, the days as a n00b. Did you look for the best of our old posts there Flare?

16. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    I couldn't get to first posts, they were too old.

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I was actually able to dig back to April 2000 with my posts- came up with an ad for my fan film I was planning at the time, hehe.

Would be neat to find my pre-2000 posts that were lost during the EZboard/snowboards transition.

18. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Sep 23, 1999
    UBB -> Snowboards

19. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I'd rather be a noob, than a know it all oldbie.

20. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Sep 23, 1999
    Then I guess yu0 lose as well.

21. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  22. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Sep 23, 1999
    I finally found what I was looking for, too.

Everyone should read/save this. It's what got me addicted to this board, lurking for months before actually registering and first posting in the school's computer lab.

Not only that, but here's the original version. An even older post of mine is there, on the last page I think. The first page is dead, and I think you have to change the numbers yourself in the address bar instead of following the links.

Dammit, it appears the recent renovations to the frontpage have killed all the old threads that used to hide on the server. So sad.

23. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Ha! I remember that post of Dajuan's....

24. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    I had completely forgotten the humorous version.

And I was never a noob, so don't bother looking.

Not really. I remember this one time me and Sithman were trying desperately hard to figure out what an IP address was so we could play a JK game.

25. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Hah, I remember that. Amusement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.