main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When you fall into lava-YOU DON'T LIVE!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Crystena77, Sep 9, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fat

fat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2002
    It was one of his first ideas, and Lucas tends to stick with his ideas.

If any of you have read the prolouge to the 1976 "Star Wars" novel, (though vague) it exactly fits what goes on in the PT.

2. DarthNomis

DarthNomis Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 2, 2001
    Fat is right it's one of the main ideas in the orginal version of the movie to explain why Vader wears the suit...He'll keep it.

3. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    I'm interested in how he gets that big gash across his head. Could that be a lightsaber wound? Or possibly he just bumps his head on the way down.

4. JangoVader

JangoVader Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2001
    could be

5. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress suggests that it may be Sidious who is responsible for at least some of Anakin's wounds. Look here for details.

6. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    Yes you do to live. It's only movie lava :) . So of corse you live.

7. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    TK327:

"Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress suggests that it may be Sidious who is responsible for at least some of Anakin's wounds"

I agree that it would be a cool idea.

About Lucas keeping his old ideas...well, Darth Vader wasnt initially (in early drafts) Luke's father. Lucas changes things. So it is possible we wont see Anakin falling into lava. As stated before, it was also mentioned that Lucas had an idea of Anakin falling down a reactor core. Only time will tell.

8. ArtMaul

ArtMaul Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    Doesn't this belond in the Episode 3 forum? Sorry to be a cop, but gotta return the favor to all you other cops out there (not you Crystena)

9. ArtMaul

ArtMaul Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    Doesn't this belond in the Episode 3 forum? Sorry to be a cop, but gotta return the favor to all you other cops out there (not you Crystena)

10. Tukafo

Tukafo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2002
    Hmm, I'm thinking of something else here. How on earth could you show Anakin's body totally burnt by lava in a SW film. And let's face it, it would have to be shown, even if only for a second. No matter how they do it, it would put the gore factor of the film up on Robocop level. No way that this would receive a PG rating. That's why I think GL will go for a different solution in the films

11. Scandals20

Scandals20 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2002
    "When you fall into lava-YOU DON'T LIVE!!! "

Sure you can....

12. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    One thing Star Wars is not reality. Its a fantasy world where anything can happen and it does.
    If you fall in lava in the SW universe you can live. If Lucas does have Anakin fall in Lava its because his galaxy has those kind of rules.
    Why do fans continue to make out that Star Wars is close reality (Thats why its confused with Science Fiction when it is nothing of the sort) when its just pure fantasy.

13. Iceman1331

Iceman1331 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2002
    He doesn't fall into a lava pit. Why? Because that's what the audience expects. George will probably pull something out of no where and do something crazy with it. Kinda like naming episode 1 and 2 TPM and AOTC.

14. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    "Anything is possible, but not all things are probable." -- Kurt Vonnegut

15. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    My, my, what an interesting read I've had catching up on all these theories since my last post in this thread back in 2000! Now we know that Anakin loses an arm to a lightsabre, but what about those final injuries? The novel of ROTJ, since several wanted to state that lava is not mentioned, does in fact mention lava during Vader's final scene with Luke just before he dies. Many have stated that Lucas's original idea was for Anakin to fall into lava in order to receive his injuries. Was that his original intent or just a fleeting thought? I was under the impression that his lava ideas came from the final confrontation between Luke and Vader in the Emperor's underground lair. In this version, Vader grabs the Emperor and they both plummet into the lava.....killing them. I have never read anything pertaining to Anakin's injuries stemming from lava other than what was written by James Khan for the ROTJ novel! If the lava scene doesn't happen, I don't believe that it will mean that George Lucas changed his mind. Am I wrong? :confused: Has he ever stated that the injuries came from lava?

"Why do fans continue to make out that Star Wars is close reality (Thats why its confused with Science Fiction when it is nothing of the sort) when its just pure fantasy"

What's wrong with a bit of believability? According to your view, DarthTerrious
    , we should accept it if Episode 3 depicted maskless humans floating in the vacuum of space, able to breath with no problem! I cannot see anyone accepting that, fantasy or not! Superman IV anybody?

16. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
  17. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    Topic: When you fall into lava-YOU DON'T LIVE!!!

Oh, great. As if the bashers don't already bitch enough, now they're bitching about things that haven't even happened yet!

18. green_cross_code

green_cross_code Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 11, 2000
    Something's wrong with this thread... the last page won't show up.

Edit: Apparently, there is no last page. Hmmm.

19. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    I had problems with this thread when I posted last night. I had contacted [/b]NathanDahlin[/b] about it earlier today. When I posted my comment, it didn't even show up in the refreshed page of AOTC. I checked the times and it wasn't there. Nathan was avble to test it and it showed up, so I don't know why this thread is acting goofy. Everyone, ignore page 12!! Anyways, any responses to my last post?

20. Enigma_X

Enigma_X Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2002
    As I recall, another early idea concerned Anakin/Vader falling into a nuclear reactor shaft. In that case, he's gradually eaten up because of cancers. And I, for one, find that even more disturbing than the lava bath.

But what about the scars on his head and cheek? There has to be a cap on the gore in a PG movie. I wonder how much Lucas will show. Now, I think it's safe to assume that the duel will be the climax of Ep. III. I'm not at all sure we'll see Padme die. I can't imagine, though, that we won't be told at least a little about what happens after that. It would be sort of trippy if we just see Anakin fall into... whatever... and then the next time we see him is when he walks through the doorway on Leia's ship. James Earl Jones has apparently been told he'll have "five minutes" worth of Vader-speak in Ep. III, but traditionally all SW movies end with nothing but music. My god, this is going to be dark. I don't know if I look forward to it or dread it more.

21. blackjack86

blackjack86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2002
    I can just imagine a shot of Anakin falling down a lava pit; cut to Obi Wan watching him, then cut to Obi Wan leaving, then ten minutes later cut to a slightly bruised and blackened Anakin, wincing in pain, instead of screaming his head off at the horrible burns he's just received.

Lucas won't show anything.

22. Super_Nation_Jock

Super_Nation_Jock Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2002

One thing is for sure, it's something Lucas HAS to get "right." It's one of the most climactic scenes in all six movies. It better be right.

23. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    Anakin is the Chosen One and will live until he completes his destiny. However, I for one don't believe he falls into lava.

24. Padawn_JB

Padawn_JB Jedi Master star 3

Mar 16, 2002
    Ok, for one- don't make such a big deal about it- it's a MOVIE! And two- he fell, then was dragged out. You don't know how long he was in there! Ok? Give Lucas some credit for makeing such a great movie series!

25. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Lucas will give us an explanation for that :p He's good at explaining things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.