When you fall into lava-YOU DON'T LIVE!!!

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by Crystena77, Sep 9, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noghri11 Jedi Padawan

Im sure that Lucas won't show to much. But in the end Anakin is damaged to the point where he can't even breath with out assistance of the suit. So he has to be burned pretty bad.

In Shadows of the Empire, Vader uses the force to help him breath with out the mask. But this doesn't help for long.
  2. sdj Jedi Master

star 4
    Anakin will actually die and will return to life through the force. This adheres to the whole messiah thing that started with the immaculate conception.
  3. Crystena77 Force Ghost

star 4
    I almost forgot about this thread.

It's interesting to read the replys.

I think that this is probably the one thing I am most looking forward to for the next one - seeing how Lucas plays this out.

4. Princess_Tina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Crystena?!?!?! Long time no see! :)
  5. Crystena77 Force Ghost

star 4
  6. starwarsfan182 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Maybe there was a pool of it that was less than a foot high and fell on his hands and knees, duh!!!!!!!!.
  7. MetalGoldKnight Jedi Youngling

star 4
    How about this: Maybe it's not actually lava, but some form of molten metal that's hot enough to burn away some layers of skin and possibly open up his lungs, but not hot enough to incinerate him instantly.
  8. Devilanse Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    When you jump off a catwalk to another platform that is 50 feet below you...YOU DON'T LIVE

Its fantasy.

Of course you don't live when you fall in lava...you also can't move things with your mind, fight with glowing energy swords, or go to lightspeed.
  9. Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Master

star 4
    Crystina, when you fall into lava-YOU DON'T LIVE!!!

also:

when laser fire goes off in space-YOU CAN'T HERE THEM!

Duse this is star wars, things dont have to be exactly to a T, its Sci-Fi, u can bend the laws of physics a bit.

-Yoda ;)
  10. smauldookie Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "When you fall into lava-YOU DON'T LIVE!!!"

I don't think GL will have Anakin fall into pit of Lava in EP-3. GL will have Anakin hurt in some other more believeble way.
  11. AnakinSlave Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm with you smauldookie. Why are we so sure that Anakin is going to fall into a lava pit anyway? I think he'll go out some other way. What way? Not a clue.
  12. Crystena77 Force Ghost

star 4
  13. DefiantForce Jedi Padawan

One of Dr. Evil's henchmen fell into liquid hot magma. Does anyone care???
  14. richar900 Jedi Padawan

I'm wondering how this is going to be pulled off without being increadibly gorey - yet not increadibly cheezy.

The new trilogy has been tame as a box of kittens. No blood - no torture - skimpy on the drama - the love scenes are campy

How shall Anakin become horribly disfigured and injured in a tasteful manner???

Or will the number three be the dark disturbing jaw dropper it SHOULD be? -one can only hope.
  15. Obi-Wan_rules Jedi Knight

It's always possible that Ani might not fall into the lava. Obi-Wan could gives him a serius injury on the upperbody and then he might stumble or something and get his legs covered by lava. Would explain the breathing and synthetic legs of Vader.
  16. MachinatingMachiavel Jedi Youngling

star 2
    LOL @ the title of this thread.

[edited]

YJ edit: Let's leave that discussion for the Spoiler forum
  17. Bubba_the_Genius Jedi Master

star 4
    First, the ROTJ novelization cannot be trusted, as it asserted that Owen Lars was Obi-Wan's brother, not Anakin's step-brother.

But regardless of the injuries Anakin sustains, it's possible that he does -- indeed -- become so powerful that he can stop himself from dying...

...which would make his promise in the Lars garage all the more prophetic.

(And I don't think this counts as an EpIII spoiler, as this is mere conjecture from AOTC.)
  18. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Well, if you think about, nothing in the films says Owen wasn't Obi-wan's brother [face_batting] ;)

(in truth, Lucas and Kasdan originally had them as being brothers, Lucas just changed his mind about that a few years ago)

To the topic at hand, here's an interesting quote to take into consideration, from page 317 of the Annotated Screenplays-

George Lucas: "I didn't have a very specific idea about what Vader might look like underneath the mask. I knew that he had been in alot of battles, and at one point I thought he had a confrontation with Ben and Ben had sent him into a volcano. But he was all but dead, and basicly he was manufactured back together even though there was very little of him left."
  19. Darth Jamus Jedi Master

star 4
    [edited] What do you think? Will Anakin meet his destiny with molten rock??

YJ edit: Let's leave Episode 3 speculation or rumors in one of the Episode 3 forums
  20. Crystena77 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey - I was just thinking- weren't there prequel drawings that had a palace surrounded by lava?
  21. __Sunrider__ Jedi Knight

star 1
    if thats the case then you probably guess where this confrontation will take place
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.