main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When you fall into lava-YOU DON'T LIVE!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Crystena77, Sep 9, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Swoosh

Jedi Swoosh Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 10, 1999
    It looks like we lost the first few pages on this classic thread at some point. I wonder if it happened during the snowboard switch.

It is a shame. Those first pages had the only remaining posts from my old username JediSwoosh(no space).

I guess we lose a little bit of our history with every change we accept.

May the Force be with you

2. Jade Skyhiker

Jade Skyhiker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    Pardon the intrusion, I didn't have time to read all 10 pagees... Anyway, a possible reason that Vader would need a repirator:
    A volcano spews sulphur et al compounds which are not very nice to your delicate lung system. Those poor people who work on those sulphur runs from volcanos suffer from the most horrendous respiratory diseases.

And lava may not kill you directly, that is if you don't "drown" in it. Fall and get up, maybe (considering Vader has a prosthetic arm, he must have used his arms to hurl himself out), since lava is very viscous, depending on the volcano type.

Besides, the force would have protected Ani somewhat.

3. Imperial Politician

Imperial Politician Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 9, 1999
    Do you think we will get to see anakin fall into the lava, or see teh after effect...or is it going to be YAAAAAAAAAAAAA .... splah...next frame deep breathing and a nice black mask...

I think anything else is going to be a little to nasty for most people.

4. JobobX

JobobX Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2000
    Ok, this is how I think it will play out...

Final Battle-unknown world

Volcano<semi-active>

Obi-wan and Anakin meet

Obi-wan tries to reason with Anakin

Anakin declines Obi's offer

They fight and Obi opens a serious can of whoopass on Anakin, removing half his arm<along with his lightsaber>. They then start to fight with hurled objects, Obi has more juice and smashes Anakin with a large boulder, crushing his lungs and sending him over into a ditch that is filling with a slow flow of lava.

Thinking him dead, Obi grabs his former apprentices lightsaber and leaves.

Palpatine, who was close by because of some unknown plot twist senses he's about to lose another apprentice and quickly snarfs up Anakin and saves his totally whupped butt.

I'm thinking that Lucas will change it from falling into a pit of molten anything to a partial immersement or spray.

Plus if you look at Anakin in RotJ, his face is badly scarred, I think Obi put that slice on the back of his head and probably came close to removing his eye too.

Just speculation, but thats how I see it coming about.

5. JediGittes

JediGittes Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    A couple of years ago I fell into some Lava outside my house but luckily got away with singed eyebrows and a slightly sprained ankle.....

ED: The Moral of this story is perhaps best illustrated by the title of the thread.

6. MaulsWoman

MaulsWoman Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 2, 2000
    Crystena 77 this is the movies, ANYTHING can happen.... Wish real life could be like that!

Maul's Woman
    (Catherine Black)

7. Crystena77

Crystena77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 1999
    Jedi Swoosh, we didn't loose the first two pages of this thread. They're there.

8. JediPadawan2

JediPadawan2 Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2000
    From what I've read, Anakin gets knocked into a molten pit, not necessarily lava. A molten pit could contain anything that is a melted form of a material.
    So, perhaps Anakin falls into a pit of hot liquid and almost drowns. This would explain his scarred lungs (from inhaling the hot liquid) and the need for a ventilator. Perhaps he needs a mask to protect his damaged skin from the environment.
    Anyway, I don't think it was a lava pit he falls into.

9. quigondenn

quigondenn Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2000
    Or maybe, just maybe, there will be NO lava. There a bazillion ways Anakin could be injured so bad to necessitate walking around as an iron lung. I seem to remember a script of TPM without Qui-Gon, things change!

10. Maul KenObi

Maul KenObi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 1998
    Cool Thread...it was started on my birthday...!!!
    YEY

:)

11. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    Don't flame me for this post - the only way I found out about Anakin's demise was through reading the novelisation of Return of the Jedi. Obi-wan told Luke the story of his father and confirmed that Anakin fell to the dark side of the Force (in both movie and novelisation.)

Remember in ROTJ - the movie - Anakin's bald head was grossly deformed, especially on top, where an enormous crevice runs from his forehead to the back of his neck. You see, that scar had to come from somewhere.... it most certainly wouldn't have come from a lava pit. I think his injuries were inflicted by a living being, not by a deadly substance.

Maybe Obi-wan was conjuring up yet another of his infamous lies when he was talking to Luke (book).
    Obi-wan may have given injuries to Anakin - perhaps even abused his pupil before Anakin turned (doubtful, but just a thought), but more likely he and Anakin duked it out when both knew that Anakin was no longer a light Jedi and Obi-wan had dealt more damage.

12. Jedi Swoosh

Jedi Swoosh Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 10, 1999
    Crystena77,

Yeah, I see that all the pages are there now.

For some reason, when I searched for posts under my old user name, I found this thread, but I couldn't see the first few pages from the link that was given on the search result page.

Oh well. If it wasn't for my mistake, then we wouldn't have this classic thread back up on page 1.

It must have been the will of the Force.

May the Force be with you

13. Crystena77

Jun 15, 1999
    Thanks Jedi Swoosh. :)

14. Selphai-Keh_Mund

Selphai-Keh_Mund Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2000
    Crystena, most of the time I am compelled to agree with you. However, people cannot use telekenesis on a regualr basis, cannot read minds, and lightsabers cannot exist because light travels at a constant velocity forever. That's why it's called science fiction sweetheart. If GL wants Anakin to fall into lava, then into lava he shall fall. =)

15. Crystena77

Jun 15, 1999
    Well :p is all I have to say to that logic. ;-)

:D

16. queeq

queeq Jedi Master star 4

Feb 10, 1999
    With Anakin's bald and scarred skull being mentioned, where did all his hair go? Those golden locks? Did he head dunk the lava or molten goo? Or did Obi-Wan scalp him? Something terrible must have happened all ovr his body. If lava did that, I tend to agree with Crystena on the not-living-after-falling-into-lava theory.

queeq out

17. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Something interesting: the pit Anakin falls into is called, as we said, a "molten pit." Interestingly enough, the pit in the Theed generator where Maul meets his end is the "melting pit." Could Anakin join Maul by meeting his "end" in the Theed Power Generator? Why not?

18. Bithsith1

Bithsith1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 1999
    I know a way that we can incorperate BOTH the crushing and burning aspects of Vader's injuries in a climactic duel with Kenobi.

An underground cavern....incredible rock formations, steam geisers, geo-thermal pools of lava rising from the crust... (perhaps this is the new rock planet?)

Anakin and Obi-Wan are fighting furiously, relentlessly...when, for whatever reason, a stalactite falls from the rock ceiling and pins Anakin under its weight, crushing him. Unable to move, a geiser erupts beside the young Jedi...causing both the vicious burns, and lung damage (sulphurous gas erodes alveoli) that are evident on Vader.

It can pretty much explain everything, and fits with one of the possible locations....
    What do you guys think?

19. queeq

queeq Jedi Master star 4

Feb 10, 1999
    Not bad, BithSith1, not bad at all. Except he wouldn't be falling into anything. But then again, he might not fall into anything at all. Sounds like a spectacular scene, for sure.

queeq out

20. Bithsith1

Mar 14, 1999
    Hey, with that new information about the stalagmites in the caves of Geonosis...my idea about Anakin's injuries is actually a posibility! Wow...what do you guys think the chances are that we could return to a like environment in EP III?

<<I know a way that we can incorperate BOTH the crushing and burning aspects of Vader's injuries in a climactic duel with Kenobi.

An underground cavern....incredible rock formations, steam geisers, geo-thermal pools of lava rising from the crust... (perhaps this is the new rock planet?)
    Anakin and Obi-Wan are fighting furiously, relentlessly...when, for whatever reason, a stalactite falls from the rock ceiling and pins Anakin under its weight, crushing him. Unable to move, a geiser erupts beside the young Jedi...causing both the vicious burns, and lung damage (sulphurous gas erodes alveoli) that are evident on Vader. It can pretty much explain everything, and fits with one of the possible locations....
    What do you guys think?>>

21. DarthSully

DarthSully Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2000
    If Anakin doesn't get screwed from

the 'molten pit', I say he'll get that hit

from Obi-Wan's lightsaber.maybe obi gets mad

at him.

22. Imperial Politician

Imperial Politician Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 9, 1999
    cool ideas about geo-thermal geisers and all but I don't like the idea of the stalagtight falling an pinning Anikan. What if the stalagtight fell, shattered on the ground, opened a hole in the ground and exsposed the lava below. Then maybe Anakin could fall in...maybe he falls in because he would rather burn then accept help from OB-1

23. Bithsith1

Mar 14, 1999
    Well, in this awesome, and very thorough discription of Vader's myriad injuries,
    http://www.theforce.net/swtc/injuries.html#origin
    there is evidence that Vader was crushed, and burned. The problem with Anakin just falling in a molten pit is that it doesn't shatter your bones...

If someone can come up with a feasable argument that incorperates all his injuries, I'll definitely give credence to that.

24. DarthLuxor

DarthLuxor Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Maybe he falls into a volcanic hot spring, like in Yellowstone. The lava keeps a spring super hot, and Anakin gets pushed into that. It would still be a terrible thing, but would leave more room for surivial.

25. Crystena77

Jun 15, 1999
    Since Lucas is throwing ideas out the window -

*coughOwenisAnakin'sbrothercough*

- excuse me - I'm now beginning to question whether or not Lucas will stick to the lava idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.