main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When you saw the AOTC on DVD for the first time, did it feel like something was missing?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by darth_grievous1, Apr 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_grievous1

darth_grievous1 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2004
    I was just reading in 3SA about a scene that won't be in the film version BUT will be in the digital version. Back to AOTC. I saw the digital and the film versions in the theater. Was the Padme/ Dooku interrogation scene in the digital version? Because when I saw the movie on DVD, it felt like that scene was missing, but I found it right away on the deleted scenes. You know what I mean?

2. kann

kann Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    There was no Dooku/Padme interrogation scene when I saw it in theaters. Although, I did feel I missed something at the end of the movie: I wanted more :)

3. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Everything that makes it in to the digital theatrical version makes it on to the DVD. Nothing gets cut down to a deleted scene.

4. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    except all the hardcore sex :p

5. Tokio_Drifter

Tokio_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 24, 2003
    I remember Mace saying something like 'a single Jedi can take 200 Geonosians easily' against dooku in the Arena on Geonosis.

6. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    That was never said in any version of the film released.

7. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    except all the hardcore sex
    The wedding night.

8. darth_grievous1

darth_grievous1 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2004
    Oh. My bad. I guess when I read the book, it stuck that scene in my mind. 8-}

9. neo-dragon

neo-dragon Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2004
    This kind of thing seems to happen often. People read a scene in the novel, or hear about a scene that was never filmed, or remember one of those scenes that was in a trailer, but never made it into the film, and then eventually, their memories play tricks on them and they swear that the scene was in the movie and it must have been removed from the DVD or something. Memory is weird that way. Although, every now and again, it turns out that they're right...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.