main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whenis a Corellian defined an Adult? (Working out Halycon-Horn problems, or lack of)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I can't find anything mentioning when Valin/Rostek was born, nor his age during Jedi Trial. In fact, there is little mentioning him as a child, just 'son'.

I mean, assuming Rostek was 18 during Trial, then whats the ruckus about him fathering Corran and the timing of the Clone Wars? Rostek could have hidden the child, and all.

Yes, he could still be defined as a child (humans live to 100 odd, perhaps teenager-ship would last longer) and then he has Corran a short time after.

It still works, I think.

2. jedimaster203

jedimaster203 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    For some reason, I wanna say sixteen.
    This might be from something I read in YJK. But I'm not sure.

3. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Valin is supposedly Hal - Rostek is Neeja's friend who adopts him after Hal died...

Jedi Trial and I, Jedi don't match well... then again, Valin Horn's age is messy, too... requiring fanon "Corellian years" to fix (but so does Jag's :p)...

An alternative retconn would me to make Hal Horn into Neeja himself - an alias created to marry his wife... so the Val of JT is actually Corran...

This requires an explanation of the Neeja who died on Susevfi, though...

I kinda like the idea of Rostek being a Jedi, though...

-TMcE

4. LtNOWIS

LtNOWIS Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    According to the Han Solo Trilogy, the legal age is 17 for Alderaan and Corellia.

5. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

One man, one man they couldn't reference correctly. There's only two books, Krytos Trap and I, Jedi you need look up. Bwahahah to those who salivated for that hardcover!

6. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    17 is a really weird number. Then again, I live in Texas. [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.