main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When's everyone planning on getting there?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Sithman, Dec 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Well, the title sorta explains what I'm asking. :) When's everyone planning on arriving at the SWCII? My dad and I booked Thursday night at Days Inn (when we first booked the room several months ago) just in case we would need to get there early, but we were planning on just cancelling our reservation for that night. But, now that I've learned the the SWCII starts early in the morning on Friday (and my dad and I have the members-only lanyards so we will be getting in even earlier) we're thinking about getting there on Thursday night instead.

So, I just wanted to know when all of you would be getting there. :)

2. Lost in Coruscant

Lost in Coruscant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 1999
    Thursday afternoon. I want to get the lay of the land and everything; and with so many people going, I might want to stay the night outside the convention hall or something.

3. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Sometime Friday, since my hotel reservations are for Friday and Saturday. Indy is only about 5 1/2 hours from where I live (Detroit area) so I wouldn't mind getting up early that day. I know there's a schedule posted somewhere in these forums, but is that an official schedule?

4. Lost in Coruscant

Lost in Coruscant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 1999
    Uh, that IS the official schedule.

5. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    Ok, Ok....just wanted to make sure it *was* the real deal.

Was there time in the schedule for those over 21 to head to a certain bar??

;)

6. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    There are lots of bars around there.....you have a specific one in mind? And that's what we do after 10 p.m. :p

7. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    Shara, don't you live around there? Perhaps you could be a tour guide!! :)

I'm not really much of a drinker to be honest, just looking for a place we can all sit in one of those corner booths and trade stories. Clubs to me, are a been-there-done-that kinda thing.

8. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Sounds like fun, unfortunatly...my 15 year old sister can't come along to the bars and I'm looking forward to sharing the Celebration experience with her.

We're not sure when we are leaving Cleveland for Celebration II, but we will be there Friday-Sunday. We're waiting to convince our mom who is coming along for the trip, but not the convention if we can get Emily out of school so we can leave EARLY. Our whole family may end up coming to Indy(Mom and Dad will be on their own) for the weekend.

9. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I live about 3 miles north of the Convention Center, which depending on who you talk to, is still downtown. Well there are a few cozy places, it just depends on what you're looking for. I myself, think the Claddaugh Irish Pub, Slippery Noodle Inn (Blue Bar), and the Ram are nice places. We have lots of clubs too.

10. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    \\too young to go to bars\\ :D

Who knows? I'm going to try to meet an internet friend of mine there, so maybe I'll see if I can meet her later.

11. BountyHunter1

BountyHunter1 Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2001
    where is the schedule posted

12. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Krash, I'm told it'll take about 4-5 hours to drive to Indy from Cleveland, depending on how often you stop. Basically you head south to Columbus and turn right.

I'll get there Thursday, leave Sunday, sleep Monday.

13. Jedi_Kettch

Jedi_Kettch Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2001
    My dad booked Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. We wanted to be there when it opens. Did they have a special opening ceremony type thing for Celebration I?

14. Warriorpoet

Warriorpoet Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2001
    I was planning to leave here,(Turtle Lake, WI) at 6:00am,Thur. There's a few comic and game shops I'd like to hit along the way. But I figure I should make it by 6:00 that night.

"members-only lanyards" ??? What's that, I've been a member of the Star Wars Fan since the start, back in '77', Haven't heard that one.

15. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    I just got my ticket. I'm planning on flying in from Charleston, SC on Thursday and staying through Sunday. I too think getting there Friday will be the best. May not as crowded. I hope! I so looking forward to this! I'm staying at a hotel about 7 miles from the convention center. I got an unbelievable hotel deal so it's worth a little bit of a drive.
    Janet

16. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Anyone else staying at the Days Inn?

17. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    I plan on getting there sometime on Thursday. I plan on getting little to no sleep the entire weekend so I want to have a good night's rest before the fun starts.

And Warriorpoet in regards to the lanyard. Fan club members will have a special lanyard, so convention people can tell who is allowed to get in early and who isn't. Just in case you hadn't heard, fan club members can get into certain things earlier than other people. Wizards keeps saying that members will get access to unique stuff, but nothing else has been announced yet.

18. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    My wife and I plan on arriving Thursday evening, but I have yet to reserve a room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.