main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 'When's Mamma comin' back?' RE: The Daddy!Luke Challenege posted: 11-11-05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Meredith_Kenobi, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Author: Meredith_Kenobi
    Timeframe: post NJO
    Genre: Humor
    Characters: Luke, Mara, and the Skywalker kids (Ben and my own addition, Allana)
    Notes: Written for the Daddy!Luke Challenge.

Thanks for clicking on this link! Hope you enjoy my story below! Your comments are very greatly appreciated;) :D

The Daddy!Luke Challenge: Write Daddy!Luke trying to handle a sticky (child) situation all by himself. Include the following things:

the word "nightmare"
    the phrase "bantha bop"
    an exploding toy
    a delivery man who interrupts something

?When?s Mamma comin? back?? asked a young voice.

Luke Skywalker looked up from the report he was reading, to see his five and a half year old son covered in powdered sugar. His face, hair, shirt, arms, and the seat of his pants were absolutely covered in white powder. ?What?what have you been doing?? Luke cried, jumping up from the couch. ?I thought you were asleep.?

?I wasn? doin? anything.? Ben said innocently, trying to hide his powdery white hands behind his back. ?I was just cooking. That?s all.? Ben began chewing the tip of his thumb for a second as he always did when he was thinking. Luke could practically see the wheels churning in Ben?s mind. ?I didn?t make a mess, Daddy. You don?t have ta? go in the kitchen.?

?Oh-no?? Luke muttered. He scooped up his son under his right arm, trying to ignore the puff of sugary powder that blew off of the young child and onto Luke?s clean black shirt. He walked as fast as he could to the kitchen, afraid of what he might find.

?You don?t have ta? go in the kitchen, Daddy.? Ben cried frantically, squirming to be put down. ?I didn?t make a mess. You don?t have ta? go in the kitchen.?

In Luke?s experience when a child insisted you didn?t have to do something, you almost always did. And for this instance, that sentiment was most definitely true.

Luke used the Force to calm himself as he flicked the kitchen light on, preparing himself for whatever he might find. Despite this, Luke actually gasped out loud when he saw the state of the kitchen, his mouth hanging open in shock.

?What did?what did you do?!? Luke finally got out. The kitchen was completely and thoroughly trashed. Every single cabinet was hanging wide open, even the ones far to high for a child of only about three feet tall to reach. There were containers of cereal, flour, and sugar dumped out all over the floor, and by the looks of it, mixed together by a pair of small child-sized hands. The counters were covered in a dusting of cereal crumbs and white sugar, a pattering of small footprints showing clearly in the powdery substance. The gray ceiling had what appeared to be small white handprints placed all over it sporadically. Luke pointed to the ceiling. ?How did you?? What did you?What were you thinking?? He stammered.

Ben stared at him, blinking his big jade eyes innocently. ?I was makin? dinner, Daddy. I?m hungry.?

Luke groaned. How could he get mad at him now? After all, it was partly Luke?s fault for not feeding Ben sooner. Luke glanced at his wrist chrom, wincing when he saw the time. It was already 1930 hours. Mara always had dinner on the table by 1700 hours, no matter how busy she was. Luke glanced around the kitchen again in dismay. There was no way he was going to be able to cook dinner, and clean up this mess before Ben?s bedtime.

?Come on, little buddy. Looks like we?re having take-out tonight.? Luke carried Ben into the living room, plopping him down in front of the holovid player. ?Wanna watch a holo??

Ben nodded eagerly. ?Bantha bop, Bantha bop!?

Luke cringed. ?The Bantha bop? was a boring, repetitive, monotonous sing-along holovid that Han Solo had gotten Ben for his fourth birthday. It was Ben?s absolutely favorite holo. Luke strongly suspected that Han had bought it just to torture him and Mara. ?Yeah yeah, okay. Bantha bop, it is then.?

Luke inserted the holovid, and began to leave the room so as to order some take-out food.

?Daddy!?

Luke turned around, trying no

2. QUIGONSGAL

QUIGONSGAL Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    Oh my God in Heaven! I can't believe what you did to poor Luke! I LOVE IT! It would be even funnier if certain persons now residing in the afterlife were to show up after the fact, offering bits of child rearing advice, entirely too late of course, all the while, snickering at the sight of the famed Jedi Master totally bowled over by two little kids. Now, do something like that to Han and Leia with their two children, back when they were little and cute.

Of course, Grandpa (if you don't know which one I'm referring to, shame on you!) is watching these two little terrors drive their mother's protocol droid out of his circuits, and invites everybody that's in the afterlife to come and watch too.

Namely his wife, his master, Yoda, Qui-Gon, the members of the Jedi Council, yadda, yadda, yadda.

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was hysterical!!

Poor Luke, powerful Jedi that he was and he couldn't handle a 5 year old.

Great job on the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Very cute! Poor Luke! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    That was great! But I do feel sorry for Luke! [face_laugh]

6. LVB

LVB Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2005
    [face_laugh]

That was great! That poor deliveryman!

Great challenge response. =D=

7. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    Meredith_Kenobi wrote: The deliveryman nodded with understanding. "Ah. Yes, I understand completely."

[face_laugh] He's been through something like that before. The man knows how to empathise.

Great fic! Luke's happy now isn't he? No more baby sitting! =D=

Good job!

8. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    That was really funny! Poor Luke. Child-rearing isn't as easy as it looks. :D

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    HA!!! That was great. I felt so very sorry for Luke, poor guy can't be as inept as many paint him with kids. Truly a wonderful laugh Meredith_Kenobi. [face_laugh]

10. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    This was just so funny poor Luke.

11. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Poor Luke, most definitly. [face_laugh]

Good Story.

12. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    hah!! this is fantastic! :D [face_laugh] poor Luke!
    ?Aw man! We had lot?s of fun though, didn?t we Daddy??
    lots of fun indeed.

;) paige

13. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    Yay, so many readers! Thanks everyone for the fantastic replies!

QUIGONSGAL-That, my friend, is an idea that I shall take you up on. Keep an eye out for a viggie of that description, all right? ;) Glad you liked my viggie! Thanks for reading!

KELIA- thanks so much! You really liked it? Poor Luke is right. :p

ginchy- Cool, I got a very in italics [face_dancing] Thanks, ginchy!

VaderLVR64- [face_laugh] So do I. Perhaps I was a bit too cruel? Thanks!

LVB- Poor deliveryman, not poor Luke? [face_laugh] Thanks for reading, LVB!

BrentusofGath- Yes, isn't Luke lucky? Thank you so much! I feel quite honored.

Jedi-2B- [face_laugh] Does it look easy? Thanks for reading!

Healer Leona- Luke's just so fun to pick on, that's all. [face_laugh] Thanks, Healer Leona!

Jeditheskyisblue- Yay, thanks so much, Jeditheskyisblue!!!

DaenaBenjen42 Most most definitly. 8-} Hee hee...thanks!

Ariapaige Indeed. Thank you, Paige!

:D Thanks everyone for replying. You made my day!

14. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    That was just soo cute, and very funny![face_laugh]
    I feel for Luke, I really do!
    And Ben...all I can say is awwww!

Luke sighed. ?No, no. My wife had to leave for the day, that?s all.?

The deliveryman nodded with understanding. ?Ah. Yes, I understand completely.?

LOL! I think that was my favorite part, how the deliveryman understood so well! [face_laugh]

Great job!

15. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    mavjade- Hey, thank you so much! You're too kind, really. [face_blush] :D

16. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    That was great. I love how Ben says "You don't need to go into the kitchen". When my son says something like that that is the first place I go!

Fantastic little viggie. It was very funny!

AG88

17. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    AG88- [face_laugh] Yep, I know exactly what you mean. I modeled Ben Skywalker after my extremely mischievous, curious little brother. :D Thank you, so glad you liked it!!! :)

18. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Aww, man! Poor Luke! I've been there...And evil Han, I personaly have a rule with my friends and family that they can not buy my children toys that I may consider annoying; but they do anyway just to spite me!

Very funny, Mere_K; especially since things like this actually do happen.

[face_laugh]

19. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    ?You don?t have ta? go in the kitchen, Daddy.? Ben cried frantically, squirming to be put down. ?I didn?t make a mess. You don?t have ta? go in the kitchen.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Five New Rules for the Skywalker Residence:

NEVER leave the children with Luke.
    NEVER assume that Ben is asleep.
    NEVER allow Ben to accept gifts from Uncle Han.

Meredith, this story is terrific! I hope it came from your imagination, not experience! ROFLOL!

oldj

20. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    corellian ale [face_laugh] Evil friends [face_devil] [face_laugh] Thank you, corellian ale, though I know that all too well...:D

oldjedinurse [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Let's just say I exagerated a tad bit [face_plain] [face_worried]

21. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    [face_laugh] But surely Mara knows how quickly children can wreck a house? 8-}

I loved the part where Ben took the wampa toy apart - perfect characterization in light of the Dark Nest books. :cool: Wonderful challenge response!

22. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    JediTrace Hey, thank you! That's very nice of you [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.